Thread: tianya filter system

Default tianya filter system

i have a few questions about this filter system.. hoping current users can help me..

1. what's the basic filter kit?
    i intend to get filter holder + adapter rings (duh! ), gnd(grey) x1, nd4 x1, nd8 x1, cpl x1.. what else should i get to augment my kit? since tianya is not easy to get, i want a decent kit..

2. what are the funny-coloured graduated filters used for? whats the difference between the graduated orange and graduated sunset?

3. is the tianya CPL (what size? ) compatible with ultra-wides like sigma 10-20 or tokina 12-24? would appreciate any users to comment on the CPL..

4. is the hood useful?

i know i ask alot.. cuz i scared buy wrong thing/waste $$$.. anyone can comment?
    Last edited by skopio; 16th January 2007 at 12:25 AM.

Default Re: tianya filter system

Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    i have a few questions about this filter system.. hoping current users can help me..

1. what's the basic filter kit?
    i intend to get filter holder + adapter rings (duh! ), gnd(grey) x1, nd4 x1, nd8 x1, cpl x1.. what else should i get to augment my kit? since tianya is not easy to get, i want a decent kit..

2. what are the funny-coloured graduated filters used for? whats the difference between the graduated orange and graduated sunset?

3. is the tianya CPL (what size? ) compatible with ultra-wides like sigma 10-20 or tokina 12-24? would appreciate any users to comment on the CPL..

i know i ask alot.. cuz i scared buy wrong thing/waste $$$.. anyone can comment?
    1. basic? depends on what you shoot... for me it would be GND, ND8 and 4, GNDsunset(if you take sunset), others would be more of creative filter other than the CPL

2. for your creativity

3. no... pretty serious vignette on my tokina 12-24(clear at 14-15mm)... but for now i use my hand hold instead of filter holder.

4. no experience

Default Re: tianya filter system

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    1. basic? depends on what you shoot... for me it would be GND, ND8 and 4, GNDsunset(if you take sunset), others would be more of creative filter other than the CPL

2. for your creativity

3. no... pretty serious vignette on my tokina 12-24(clear at 14-15mm)... but for now i use my hand hold instead of filter holder.

4. no experience
    wa.. explorerz.. always answering my threads and questions.. thank you thank you!

anyone else wanna share...

experience using tianya CPL?
    use of tianya hood?
    Last edited by skopio; 16th January 2007 at 01:26 PM.