Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon A40 : looking for shops..

I went to Peninsular Shopping Centre, to the shop on the left of the main entrance. Initial quote was $395. When I mentioned that people were quoted $320 w/o GST ($332.8 w/ GST), the salesman revised the price to $340 w/ GST.

When my friend wanted it, the salesman mentioned that the store was closed since it was a Sunday evening. My friend wanted a feel of the camera since he hasn't used one. The salesman said that we can't test if we were not buying. Wanted a deposit if we want the camera. Insisted that we take the V2 instead. Rather sleazy if I should say.

So, can anyone tell me where my friend can get it at an attractive price? AP and MS do not have stocks.

Originally posted by Tony
    I went to Peninsular Shopping Centre, to the shop on the left of the main entrance. Initial quote was $395. When I mentioned that people were quoted $320 w/o GST ($332.8 w/ GST), the salesman revised the price to $340 w/ GST.

When my friend wanted it, the salesman mentioned that the store was closed since it was a Sunday evening. My friend wanted a feel of the camera since he hasn't used one. The salesman said that we can't test if we were not buying. Wanted a deposit if we want the camera. Insisted that we take the V2 instead. Rather sleazy if I should say.

So, can anyone tell me where my friend can get it at an attractive price? AP and MS do not have stocks.
    Honestly, I think these type of tactics by the salespeople really suck big time. Even if they were cheaper, I would rather go to some other shops where the service is good. I hate arrogant, irritating salespeople who think they are on top of you.

After hearing this, I think I would think twice about buying anything from that shop. Where is the reasoning behind having to pay a deposit juz to have a feel of the camera??? Personally, I think they can kiss my *** if they ever do that to me.

But I guess A40 is very much limited everywhere, many shops dont have them anymore. I'm waiting for A60/A70 to come out, why not wait for that? It'll save you the trouble of searching high and low for the A40.

Originally posted by jungleboy111

Honestly, I think these type of tactics by the salespeople really suck big time. Even if they were cheaper, I would rather go to some other shops where the service is good. I hate arrogant, irritating salespeople who think they are on top of you.

After hearing this, I think I would think twice about buying anything from that shop. Where is the reasoning behind having to pay a deposit juz to have a feel of the camera??? Personally, I think they can kiss my *** if they ever do that to me.

But I guess A40 is very much limited everywhere, many shops dont have them anymore. I'm waiting for A60/A70 to come out, why not wait for that? It'll save you the trouble of searching high and low for the A40.

It's my friend who wants it. He's quite set on the A40. Would appreciate those who got the camera at a good price to share.

Why don't u wait for a few more days... There will be an exhibition on 14 March 2003, probably featuring the latest digital cameras around. Ur friend could get a feel of those cams and then compare prices, right?

Try not to buy one now cos' u might regret it with newer digital cameras around with better features. Very important factor for me, at least...

oxfly
    Guests

Tony:

I went to Peninsular Shopping Centre, to the shop on the left of the main entrance. <-- I went there too

but the really s*ck*ng things is...
    the quoted me $550....

huh...i can get a better camera with that price...
    d*mn....i really hate their service...

last time when i come there....
    they quoted me $499

s*lly...
    anyone experienced this too?...

oxfly
    Guests

There will be an exhibition on 14 March 2003
    where?

Hi all. I just got my A40 last Sat from a shop in Peninsula Plaza. The shop to the right of the escalator before going down to the food court, before going into the main door to Konota.

The older salesman quite friendly, i had being there 3 times, and he still never show me faces. And i paid S$380 inclusive of GST for the A40. Whereas other place like CP, Alan and other shops around all quoted me S$395 and above. CP even worse, S400 and not less. Another shop you can go to is a shop opposite Konota, the sales manquote me S$382 inclusive of GST.

oxfly
    Guests

Hi all. I just got my A40 last Sat from a shop in Peninsula Plaza. The shop to the right of the escalator before going down to the food court, before going into the main door to Konota.
    is the shop OUTSIDE of Peninsular Plaza?..

Another shop you can go to is a shop opposite Konota, the sales manquote me S$382 inclusive of GST.
    i can't get the clearer view of Konota..
    any further description?..

Originally posted by oxfly

where?
    guess it's the IT show at suntec. think i saw it on computer times. can check it out.

is the shop OUTSIDE of Peninsular Plaza?..
    Hi. Yes the shop is outside the Plaza's "air-conditioned zone".

Anyway i have the address from the receipt.

Worldwide Cameras Ctr
    Peninsula Plaza #01-38
    tel: 63340138

But don't buy CF card and re-chargable battery from that shop, much higher than what i know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12