Thread: Do I still need to calibrate the color?

Default Do I still need to calibrate the color?

I was thinking of a new LCD display, perhap Cinema Display connected to my PC. I was thinking, if I got Mac Cinema Display, do I still need to calibrate the LCD?

As many told that Mac already given a better color, but is there a need to calibrate since Im running on PC with powercolor x1600XT 512mb graphic card.

If I didn't get Cinema Display, LG/ Samsung/ Viewsonic or Dell brand wise, do I still need to calibrate?

Default Re: Do I still need to calibrate the color?

i still calibrate my lcd no matter what brand it is. maybe you'd like to do the same and compare the difference before and after calibration.

Yes you still need to calibrate if you are color critical about your images (and prints). Less frequency for new monitors, more for older ones. Calibration results will look distinctively better with higher end monitors. Calibration involves Color, Contrast & Brightness.

Quote Originally Posted by josho View Post
    I was thinking of a new LCD display, perhap Cinema Display connected to my PC. I was thinking, if I got Mac Cinema Display, do I still need to calibrate the LCD?
    You many encounter some software issues if you use the Mac Display on a PC. Plus, you will not be able to use its USB ports.

Yes, you still need to calibrate. Monitor shifts over time even for the Mac Display. By the way, both Mac and Dell use the same Philips/LG LCD panel. Mac Display, from batch to batch, may have luminance inconsistency throughout the LCD panel; meaning one end of the display maybe brighter than the other end. This makes monitor calibration difficult. Test the monitor before you buy.

If you have the dough, I recommend Eizo or NEC Spectraview. These are excellent monitors. Both brands uses Philips/LG LCD panels also.
    Last edited by photobum; 16th January 2007 at 08:32 AM.

Eizo!!! Haha... I know thats one of the expensive monitor... what will be the cost for that? keke.. for at least a 20" wide. hmm