Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: city sunset

  1. #1

    Default city sunset

    hi all, i was trying to capture the sun setting on the singapore skyline
    any comments will be greatly welcome


  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Sedna, Orion Stars
    Posts
    856

    Default Re: city sunset

    try to HDR such a shot next time. too dark to tell details in the foreground. though the sunset color can be seen. but hdr would create a better effect i think

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: city sunset

    Can you share what is the time you took this shot? Try shooting earlier so that your skyline still has some light and boost the saturation of the sky later in PS.

    Else, heard that the best time to take evening shots in singapore is between 7.18pm - 7.22pm

  4. #4

    Default Re: city sunset

    Quote Originally Posted by germ_boi View Post
    try to HDR such a shot next time. too dark to tell details in the foreground. though the sunset color can be seen. but hdr would create a better effect i think
    what's HDR? sorry, i'm a noob, still not familiar with all the terms.

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Can you share what is the time you took this shot? Try shooting earlier so that your skyline still has some light and boost the saturation of the sky later in PS.

    Else, heard that the best time to take evening shots in singapore is between 7.18pm - 7.22pm
    i took it at 7:21pm.

    will using any filters help with the exposure of the foreground?

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    North
    Posts
    2,703

    Default Re: city sunset

    Quote Originally Posted by tenglw86 View Post
    what's HDR? sorry, i'm a noob, still not familiar with all the terms.

    i took it at 7:21pm.

    will using any filters help with the exposure of the foreground?
    Filters wont help in this case since your foreground is already too dark. prolonging your exposure or post processing in PS will help

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: city sunset

    Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat View Post
    Can you share what is the time you took this shot? Try shooting earlier so that your skyline still has some light and boost the saturation of the sky later in PS.

    Else, heard that the best time to take evening shots in singapore is between 7.18pm - 7.22pm
    best time for sunset/sunrise are normally about 1hr before and after... apply worldwide iirc. but its always good to go earlier as there might be surprise.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Yishun Street 72
    Posts
    199

    Default Re: city sunset

    Quote Originally Posted by tenglw86 View Post
    what's HDR? sorry, i'm a noob, still not familiar with all the terms.



    i took it at 7:21pm.

    will using any filters help with the exposure of the foreground?
    More on HDR, click here

  8. #8

    Default Re: city sunset

    Quote Originally Posted by pangeko View Post
    More on HDR, click here
    how do i go about doing HDR in PS? Do i need 3 or more photos taken at the same point to achieve that?

    Please help. Thanks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •