Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Default Re: The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Does anyone know how much a DS Lite cost? Also any recommended shops I should get it from? Thanks.

bought animal crossing......erm...still struggling.....dunno wat i'm doing....walk here walk there....heck, i may even sell it. I dun like sims but just wanted to try it.
    anyway, still dont like sim games....the truth is crystal clear now....
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

yooo! i finally bought mine!

nantasy,

How much did you buy it for? And where? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by camerakit View Post
    nantasy,

How much did you buy it for? And where? Thanks.
    from gamescore, $299 + screenprotector + game.

Good service too!

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    bought animal crossing......erm...still struggling.....dunno wat i'm doing....walk here walk there....heck, i may even sell it. I dun like sims but just wanted to try it.
    anyway, still dont like sim games....the truth is crystal clear now....
    I bought that game also.. also dont know how to play, I been walking in and out, knocking into orange trees and picking up flowers.. anybody can enlighten us?

Animal Crossing is really not for everyone. I read this review a coupla of times before I'd decided to plunge into the game: http://www.insertcredit.com/reviews/...ing/index.html

Although the review is for GameCube version of Animal Crossing, the DS port is literally the same game. It's a lengthy review though, and don't expect to see "3 stars out of 5 stars" or "good graphics". The writer Tim Rogers wrote this superb article that dwell deeper into what goes on in his mind when he play the game (i.e. a real review by a player). Hopefully you will take sometime to let him touch you with the beauty of the game.

1st few things you can do.

Pay off your 1st installment. work for your second.

Depends on when, everyday the store has different thing, eventually you will be able to buy more tools.

Bare hands: Shake the trees. things will drop. Bee hive also will drop, then the bee sting you.
    Shovel: When there is a crack on the floor, you can dig them to get items.
    Fishing hook: Use to fish. Fishes are very lucrative. Sell for lots of money.
    Axe: Chop down tree. Basically, fruiting trees are fertile spot. chop down fruit bearing tree then plant other fruits there to get other fruits. (My town is apple. so you visit my town can get apple).

Bury a shovel, next day they become golden shovel.
    Golden shovel bury $$ can sprout seedlings, which MIGHT eventually turn into MONEY TREE.

Write letters, attach gifts to your neighbours. They will return your kindness with even more and better gifts. haha

Go to the townhall, things may be in the recycling bin for you to loot. hahah
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

ok...who wanna buy my animal crossing....2 days old.
    i may get the mario bros instead

Animal crossing is a gd game but of course do not apply to all. I like ace attorney although the latest one seems to be almost similar even in the story plots..

Somehow the sonic rush makes mi wan to dig out my sega..

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    1st few things you can do.

Pay off your 1st installment. work for your second.

Depends on when, everyday the store has different thing, eventually you will be able to buy more tools.

Bare hands: Shake the trees. things will drop. Bee hive also will drop, then the bee sting you.
    Shovel: When there is a crack on the floor, you can dig them to get items.
    Fishing hook: Use to fish. Fishes are very lucrative. Sell for lots of money.
    Axe: Chop down tree. Basically, fruiting trees are fertile spot. chop down fruit bearing tree then plant other fruits there to get other fruits. (My town is apple. so you visit my town can get apple).

Bury a shovel, next day they become golden shovel.
    Golden shovel bury $$ can sprout seedlings, which MIGHT eventually turn into MONEY TREE.

Write letters, attach gifts to your neighbours. They will return your kindness with even more and better gifts. haha

Go to the townhall, things may be in the recycling bin for you to loot. hahah
    Bascially I am walking around in the town, and one of the character in the shop , keep asking me to look for the mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by nantasy View Post
    Bascially I am walking around in the town, and one of the character in the shop , keep asking me to look for the mayor.
    You are supposed to meet everyone before the Nook guy will let u run some errands for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon View Post
    You are supposed to meet everyone before the Nook guy will let u run some errands for him.
    okie okie, i try hehe

I saw the FF III today le. But price is at $69. I asked to drop to $65, don't budge, so walked out. Donno the store frequent has the stock in already or not...
    APAD | Blog

I fell into a hole this morning and my fishing rod were gone !!! now i dont have a
    fishing rod to fish and Tom Nook's store doesnt have 1 for sale. Think got to wait till
    tmr and see.

Btw, I'm trying to hook on the wireless network to get my friend code and visit
    other friends' town, may I know how do I obtain the MAC ID from my DS ??

I think its under the option, when you are in the configuration screen in the DS.
    APAD | Blog

Thanks Andy. I'll try to look for it.
    Btw, what's your friend code and village name ? Will try to visit your village
    when I'm able to get the wifi up.

My village grows pear and can you send some apples to me via mail if not
    wifi connected ? My village name is cville and character's name is cookiez.

i play cheat....i printed the walkthrough to get a feel ....at least, I met tom nook, able to find my home ....now gotta pluck apples and trade for bells to pay 1st installment OR to work for Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post

Emm, too lazy to on my router. haha, next time ba.
    APAD | Blog

I dun think u can send the apples via mail through wifi like that. U can't send presents or letters through ur own post office to another town.. You actually have to visit your friend's town 1st then mail the letters/presents from their post office then they will receive. Troublesome I know.. Hehe I am quite active on Animal Crossing. Visit friends' towns almost everynite.. Currently have 3 different types of fruits in my town..

Quote Originally Posted by cookiez View Post

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 367891013 ... LastLast