Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Default Re: The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Get the black ndsl bro, it looks sleek and cool.. I myself got the white one coz it looks abit like iPOD..

Quote Originally Posted by major_tom View Post
    I'm thinking of a dark blue ndsl......not a hardcore gamer and have 2 left thumbs when it comes to 'press hereress there' games. RPG is out. Was looking at brain age-type games.

Any ndls gamers here above 37, hands up!

Quote Originally Posted by LENS View Post
    Hi guys, can u help to provide more adventure games title..like..what i know and played has..

1. Resident evil (cops investigate in zombie case)
    2. Lost in blue (surviving in an island)

..i like those walk around and crack puzzle..and with story plot..can we add up?
    Can't say I can help, but while waiting for respondents you might wanna try this:

http://ds.ign.com/index/reviews.html

You can refine the search with the drop down menu to restrict to Action Adventure and Adventure games.

As for cracking puzzle, I think Phoenix Wright is ok, enough for me to wanna try Phoenix Wright 2. Not exactly the survival horror types of Resident Evil though.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Get the black ndsl bro, it looks sleek and cool.. I myself got the white one coz it looks abit like iPOD..

The white is also kool but I read that the buttons tend to turn yellowish quite fast. True?
    Black is also kool but too many gadgets out there are black so it has become a common/std color of tech devices.
    Last edited by major_tom; 22nd January 2007 at 02:20 PM.
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Quote Originally Posted by Ola View Post
    Thanks Shinken. Not looking at mainstream games.

Very true ... hand-held games are addictive. Not going to let them play freely. Going to control it and use it as a carrot.
    Hi Ola, I just spoke to my 2 nephews. What I gathered from them is that there are very few people in their age group (9-12) playing NDS. Those who have found the games difficult. It could be the game the parents bought. Having said that, it might not be easy to shop for the right games for them. When they heard me say 4-7, they actually said 'forget it' (yeah kids today grow up fast), because their frens little sisters dunno what to do with their hand-held, merely push buttons and look at their colourful screens.

i use to play a mario games on TV, that mario can fly when he got a 'leaf'....that's mario 3 right? is it available on DS?

and i have played some earlier handhold nitendo game.. Game & watch, by Nitendo too...is those old classic game is available on DS? =)

i have succumbed to temptation and just bought the ice-blue ndsl. Wanted the dark-blue but when i saw the pple in the shop using the ice-blue, the choice was made.

now charging liao..............
    "ashes to ashes; funk to funky..we know major_tom's a junkie
    strung out on heaven's high....."

Red face Re: The Official Nintendo DS discussion

Quote Originally Posted by shinken View Post
    Hi Ola, I just spoke to my 2 nephews. What I gathered from them is that there are very few people in their age group (9-12) playing NDS. Those who have found the games difficult. It could be the game the parents bought. Having said that, it might not be easy to shop for the right games for them. When they heard me say 4-7, they actually said 'forget it' (yeah kids today grow up fast), because their frens little sisters dunno what to do with their hand-held, merely push buttons and look at their colourful screens.
    I seriously thinks that patting the Nintendogs are already worth the while loor.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    I seriously thinks that patting the Nintendogs are already worth the while loor.
    LOL oh ya hor! I never thought of Nintendogs!

i have succumbed to temptation and just bought the ice-blue ndsl. Wanted the dark-blue but when i saw the pple in the shop using the ice-blue, the choice was made.

Welcome aboard! And have lots of fun I have the ice-blue one too, if you mean the lighter blue.

Hi guys, can u help to provide more adventure games title..like..what i know and played has..

1. Resident evil (cops investigate in zombie case)
    2. Lost in blue (surviving in an island)

..i like those walk around and crack puzzle..and with story plot..can we add up?
    There's adventure games and then there are adventure games.

What kind of adventure games are you looking for? Resident evil is more action (than adventure), and if that's what you're looking for, the two Castlevania DS games can easily rival to that.

If you are classical adventure game player (like those point and click adventure) go with Pheonix Wright, Trace Memory, Touch Detective and the upcoming Hotel Dusk. Lost in Blue is quite different from this kind of game, but there are similar elements to the classical adventure games. Lost in Blue sequel will be coming back soon.

i use to play a mario games on TV, that mario can fly when he got a 'leaf'....that's mario 3 right? is it available on DS?

and i have played some earlier handhold nitendo game.. Game & watch, by Nitendo too...is those old classic game is available on DS? =)
    No, there's only one Super Mario Bros on DS. There are four Super Mario Bros Advance on GBA though, and you can play GBA games on DS.

A lot of people have numerous misconceptions about NDS. Many thought that the kiddish concept on Nintendo is meant for little kids. On surface, that may be the case. Nintendo do want to have parents buying their console, knowing that they are "safe" for the kids to play with, without excessive violence or graphics that are too "real".

The truth is, there are just so many good adult titles on DS, that many adults (white collar workers even) who are addicted to the DS. You would not expect any kids to actually play games like Brain Age, Brain Boosters, Sudoku Masters, Animal Crossing, Electroplankton, Ouendan and the likes. There are a lot of useful software in Japanese that allow direct translation of foreign languages to Japanese (people speak Thai into the microphone and it translate into Japanese). The DS Browser software is another one that is targetted with adults in mind.

Another reason why kids don't even know the presence of the DS, is the very bad marketing of DS in Singapore. Ask any kids or teenagers out there, and they would prefer Sony PSP for the "cool" factor. Just don't ask them about what games they wanna play on the PSP though... (they won't have a clue!)

You know I like the new black DSL so much that I am tempted to poke through the screen of my DS Phat, in order to find an excuse to get a new one...

Luckily I'm not that insane yet!

Emm, mine is a pink one. My Favourite Colour is Pink.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Hi shinken,
    Thanks for the information. Sound like I can save some $$$.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Haha bro u win liao lor..

Quote Originally Posted by The_Cheat View Post
    You know I like the new black DSL so much that I am tempted to poke through the screen of my DS Phat, in order to find an excuse to get a new one...

Luckily I'm not that insane yet!

Welcome aboard man! Ya actually the ice-blue is not bad too, at least I prefer it to the dark blue and pink version. White is ok, my buttons haben turn yellow yet, maybe its becoz I take quite gdcare of my stuffs ba..

The white is also kool but I read that the buttons tend to turn yellowish quite fast. True?
    Black is also kool but too many gadgets out there are black so it has become a common/std color of tech devices.

Ya that is Mario 3.. That is one of my fav games of all time, now looking for Super Mario Advance 4 which is the equivalent of Super Mario 3 on GBA..

GF just got the NDSL white, she's not that hooked to it, BUT I AM! She's got more discipline then I do. Anyway I wanna get a black one now so can play multiplayer games and maybe reduce fighting over the console. What's the best price for it now ah?

Ya that is Mario 3.. That is one of my fav games of all time, now looking for Super Mario Advance 4 which is the equivalent of Super Mario 3 on GBA..
    hello, so do u mean Super Mario Advance 4 is actually Super Mario 3? so is it on NDS or GBA?

I remember Mario 3 is really quite interesting and had added a lot of things comparing to older Mario.. =)

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast