Theme: "Elements @ Ubin"
Pulau Ubin is an island situated at north-east coast of Singapore. Most popular sightseeing is jetties, ke-long quarries and temples. There are also outward-bound school, camping sites and chalets and other sports activities on the island. Main things to watch out for are wild plants, animals, seashore, local villagers and quarry scenery. Make it your personal escapade and discovery on this island on bike the start of the year.
Duration (estimation): 0900 to 1400 (5 hours)
Venue: Changi Village (near jetty to Ubin)
Date: 28 Jan 2007 (Group Alpha)
Date: 27 Jan 2007 (Group Beta)
Available Public Bus/Transport:
2(newbridge intchg), 29 (tampines int.chg), 59 (bishan intchg), 109(serangoon intchg)
Transport in Pulau Ubin: Bicycle & walking
Route: towards the temple and quarry on the west of the island.
Raincoat, extra clothing, digital/film camera, money (not more than $150), seasick pill if you really need.
1. Why this season of the year? Main reason is cooling, and perhaps schoolwork not so hectic yet.
2. Why sunday? previous experiences shows higher success for group photo trips on this day.
3. Why 0900? avoiding direct sunlight giving you over harsh photos
4. Can we change plan last minutes? Not unless very necessary like unforeseen weather etc.
5. Can i bring my friends along? Why not.
6. Must i know how to swim? Well ... stay tight on boat shouldn't capsize you, its a short water journey up there. But do expect slightly muddy situation.
7. Is it safe? Lets play a part for ourselves and members, and be responsible.
8. I am not a Pro, can i join? use any kind of camera, even mobilephone's!
Interested Discovers, pls PM me with name, email & mobile, and i will reply you with confirmation by 26 Jan 2007.
Outting Group membership currently limited to:
See update of memberships below in this thread