Thread: Where to get LCD Protector for handphone?

Default Where to get LCD Protector for handphone?

Hi just wondering where can I get a gd piece of LCD protector(any recommended brands and shop to get from) for hp? Specifically for Sony Ericsson W810i.

Around how much it costs? I want something of slightly better quality, budget is not more than $10..

Default Re: Where to get LCD Protector for handphone?

sim lim square got alot of these kinda shops. i know tamp also got.

Thanks.. Anyone know whats the market price for it? I dunwan go there then kanna chop carrot head..

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch View Post
    sim lim square got alot of these kinda shops. i know tamp also got.

they can't chop much out of a LCD protector... most of them are at the price of 5-12...
    if you are using those not so famous HP, try getting the biggest piece around and DIY cut.

Okok thanks man.. Maybe I will go around Woodlands area check later..

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    they can't chop much out of a LCD protector... most of them are at the price of 5-12...
    if you are using those not so famous HP, try getting the biggest piece around and DIY cut.

I just bought a K800i from M1 at bukit batok 4 days ago. They offered to stick the LCD protector screen on the spot when I purchase the HP. They charged me $9. I can't remember the brand but I think I saw it available in many HP shops.
    I think it was quite nicely done.

I had a bad experience for my fren's HP when I bought one from those small 2nd hand HP shops for his W800 HP before. that guy offered to stick for us, and it was badly done (bubble). We complained of the shabby work, he redone it but there was an obvious crease made when he tried to peel it off to restick.
    we requested for refund or change a new one. but he refused. and somemore we got it for >$10. we decided to juz accept and not make big fuss and left the shop pissed.

juz sharing my experiences ...

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Okok thanks man.. Maybe I will go around Woodlands area check later..
    I got mine at pasar mala @ $6... its those thicker type...
    can't remember the brand tho.

They help u stick or u stick urself? Coz I quite poor at sticking LCD protector.. Woodlands here got pasar malam, think I will go there see see later..

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    I got mine at pasar mala @ $6... its those thicker type...
    can't remember the brand tho.

I got mine at Yahoo Auctions. Paid $3 for it and $1 for shipping to my house. It's quite good but i've got butter fingers so the alignment isn't that straight

Hey thanks! Thats y I dun really like buying things from those small 2nd hand ah beng hp shops.. Their service can really be quite jialat sometimes..

Quote Originally Posted by MsBunny View Post
    I just bought a K800i from M1 at bukit batok 4 days ago. They offered to stick the LCD protector screen on the spot when I purchase the HP. They charged me $9. I can't remember the brand but I think I saw it available in many HP shops.
    I think it was quite nicely done.

I had a bad experience for my fren's HP when I bought one from those small 2nd hand HP shops for his W800 HP before. that guy offered to stick for us, and it was badly done (bubble). We complained of the shabby work, he redone it but there was an obvious crease made when he tried to peel it off to restick.
    we requested for refund or change a new one. but he refused. and somemore we got it for >$10. we decided to juz accept and not make big fuss and left the shop pissed.

juz sharing my experiences ...

Thanks! I was thinking of getting the thicker type which ExplorerZ mentioned.. Want something strong and just nice got pasar malam near my place..

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan View Post
    I got mine at Yahoo Auctions. Paid $3 for it and $1 for shipping to my house. It's quite good but i've got butter fingers so the alignment isn't that straight

Take a look at this Martin Fields LCD sticker, though a bit expensive.

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/Acces...%20Fileds.html
    Last edited by redstorm; 14th January 2007 at 04:12 PM.

Found this shop on the net and bought some computer cables from them before. So it might be another source

PKI

Not too sure about the quality of their protector though. But I suppose they should be comparable with those in Pasar Malam....

If willing to spend, can try Martin Fields overlay. I'm using a cheap $3 from those neighbourhood stores for my K800i. Can stick nicely but got some small scratches on it when I got them. I've a Martin Fields overlay on my DCS-W1 camera. Very good and I think its worth it. When my cheap $3 one gets dirty, I gonna change to a MF one.

You can get MF from mobile square but I think Doml will attach it on for you.

http://www.doml.com.sg/index1.asp

It seems quite good.. But abit ex leh.. Dunno whether worth it to get such an ex screen protector for hp anot..

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Take a look at this Martin Fields LCD sticker, though a bit expensive.

http://www.mobilesquare.com.sg/Acces...%20Fileds.html

You have a shield, and you use a shield to protect it.

Arrow Re: Where to get LCD Protector for handphone?

I've used Martin fields screen protector for my handphone and did not see any difference to the pasar malam ones. Yes, DOML will fix for you the MF screen protector.

Martin field screen protector is about $24 while the pasar malam ones usually cost $5.

There is a pushcart at Bugis Village that sells screen protector at $5, IIRC. At Sim Lim Square atrium, they sell it at $8-12. Chamoxa at level six has the protector at $5.90.

HTH.
    Last edited by xtemujin; 14th January 2007 at 07:13 PM.

Got my LCD protector at the pasar malam near my place yest. Cost me $5. Its good, v clear and looks quite strong too..

Actually most of the shops in SLS will apply for you but I always go to Bits and Bytes when I change my PDA's SP.