Thread: book launch: LIGHT IS LIKE WATER

Default book launch: LIGHT IS LIKE WATER

Hi folks

Pleased to announce the launch of a photo-poetry book entitled LIGHT IS LIKE WATER.

It is a collaborative project between myself and a poet-friend. It features a collection of some of my favourite pictures over the years-- an interesting fusion of digital and film photography, including shots taken using the holga and nostalgic polaroids.

A quick excerpt from the blurb:

Light is Like Water

Inspired by Jennifer Koh's photographs —inscribed with a vigorous love for the mundane and the momentary— Jasmine Seah writes her poems, not exactly describing the pictures, yet making a connection to them.

The pictures were first taken when Jen was studying abroad. But where is this book, you may ask. And the two of them will tell you that it's everywhere.

“We like that, having no particular point of reference, and taking each day as it comes to find that place. No, it's not Singapore, and it's not England. Some of it is Thailand and Vienna, but it doesn't make a difference. There are harder places to map.”
    The launch details are:

date: 19 jan, fri
    time: 6.30pm
    venue: books actually (this pretty cool bookshop tucked away at 125A telok ayer st)

There will be readings and Q & A with the authors. Two other books will be launched by ethos books that night.

Do spread the word. Thanks!

Default Re: book launch: LIGHT IS LIKE WATER

I will definitely go and take a look