Thread: Tiger Woods - Amazing

womfalcs7
    Guests

Default Tiger Woods - Amazing

I just can't get enough of this shot. I must've watched it 150 times since I saw it live.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84892738160457

It's a truly amazing shot with all the surrounding circumstances. The ball had to be hit with great accuracy due to the fact it lied flush against the intermediate rough. That made the shot difficult. Then it was hard enough to have it land perfectly to let gravity take over. Of course the lingering on the lip there added considerable amount of drama to the shot. He went on to win that Masters in a playoff against DiMarco.

Default Re: Tiger Woods - Amazing

it's old
    it's golf

womfalcs7
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by topster View Post
    it's old
    it's golf
    Well it's less than 2 years old, and classics don't die. I still watch sports classics that took place decades ago. Thank you for your response.

I'm not much of a golf person. In fact I loathed golf. Now I appreciate the intricacies and skill needed to make some shots, just like this one, and THIS is just an ASTNDING shot!!! Thanks for sharing.

yeah....i watch him play that hole during a repeat telecast of the masters.. (i din know the results.. etc)...and usually golf is pretty boring...but watching Tiger chasing Dimacro..was...as good as come-from behind victories in Soccer or NBA or F1, and watching that shot on the 16th w/o any 'pre-conception' was all the more the better...makes one jump and YELP!! WOOOHOO!!!

ANd coverage of the Masters seems to make it more exciting than the rest of the grand slames. Masters to golf is akin to Wimbledon to Tennis..the 'green factor' just seems to be the cherished slam!

WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by womfalcs7 View Post
    I just can't get enough of this shot. I must've watched it 150 times since I saw it live.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...84892738160457

It's a truly amazing shot with all the surrounding circumstances. The ball had to be hit with great accuracy due to the fact it lied flush against the intermediate rough. That made the shot difficult. Then it was hard enough to have it land perfectly to let gravity take over. Of course the lingering on the lip there added considerable amount of drama to the shot. He went on to win that Masters in a playoff against DiMarco.
    tta why he is No 1.

Dimarco also didn't have the luck. The 1st playoff hole (on the 18th), his chip to the hold just wizzz passed.

Simply superb. No wonder he was the highest earning sportsman in the 05/06 season.

holy sh*t
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by topster View Post
    it's old
    it's golf
    Since I have not seen the vid before, it's new to me, and I thank the TS for graciously sharing it.

Here's to our nation of gracious citizens!!!

yes, that was an amazing shot. For me one of the most amazing, at par with Tom Watson 1982 US Open at Pebble Beach when he chipped in on the 17th hole. Too bad, can't find any video of that shot.

Yep, saw tt on TV in the wee hours some time ago.
    And it's never too much to see it again and again..

He is truly amazing in his shot making. Certainly he has his share of great shots. I remember three in fact:
    1) The final round of the 2000 AT & T at Pebble Beach where he holed out with a wedge from the fairway on the 15th hole and winning the tournament from 7 strokes down with 7 holes to play.

2) Then there is the phenomenal 200 yard 6 iron shot from the bunker over water to the putting surface to win the Canadian Open in 2000.

3) And the 2000 WGC where he shot in pretty much complete darkness on the 18th hole from about 170 yards to the flag!

Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus View Post
    yeah....i watch him play that hole during a repeat telecast of the masters.. (i din know the results.. etc)...and usually golf is pretty boring...but watching Tiger chasing Dimacro..was...as good as come-from behind victories in Soccer or NBA or F1, and watching that shot on the 16th w/o any 'pre-conception' was all the more the better...makes one jump and YELP!! WOOOHOO!!!

ANd coverage of the Masters seems to make it more exciting than the rest of the grand slames. Masters to golf is akin to Wimbledon to Tennis..the 'green factor' just seems to be the cherished slam!

WOOT!
    aye .... woods was trying to stay ahead, and not chasing dimarco .....

Thanks for registering to just share this video,it is new stuff to me.