Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone here lost interest in photography before?

Default Anyone here lost interest in photography before?

Anyone one here ever lost interest in photography before? Whether its for a long period or short period of time. I am not referring to having to give up photography due to some serious or unfortunate things that happen in our lives or due to work commitments(too busy).

Its like some other priorities took over. Some examples are: just gotten a girlfriend and rather spend more time accompany her, single guys rather spend more time looking for girlfriends, a new hobby/interest took over or simply lack of interest and lazy to go out to shoot. I am sure alot of us have experience this before or are even experiencing it now..

Default Re: Anyone here lost interest in photography before?

Quote Originally Posted by aaron80 View Post
    Anyone one here ever lost interest in photography before? Whether its for a long period or short period of time. I am not referring to having to give up photography due to some serious or unfortunate things that happen in our lives or due to work commitments(too busy).

Its like some other priorities took over. Some examples are: just gotten a girlfriend and rather spend more time accompany her, single guys rather spend more time looking for girlfriends, a new hobby/interest took over or simply lack of interest and lazy to go out to shoot. I am sure alot of us have experience this before or are even experiencing it now..
    why not shoot your gf?free model for you.

well i guess after u get married and settled down... u will come back.

during new year eve.. i saw a couple ; the man carry the camera while the wife carry the tripod and the bag !

me... my pics cmi... so i always procrastinate to bring a camera out to shoot, and i am shy to shoot street...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post

during new year eve.. i saw a couple ; the man carry the camera while the wife carry the tripod and the bag !
    wah so shiok...

i hope next time got a gf like jeanie, then i go CP, i take lens, she swipe card.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Pat tor or searching for partner doesn't occupy the whole day so there's still time to shoot. Or can even take pic when out with GF / friends too.

I have not experience this yet as i'm new to photography so there are many areas to improve and explored.

Dun give up, keep shooting

Never tot of give up or loose interest in photography. My mind always think how to get better shots of my existing setup ...

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    wah so shiok...

i hope next time got a gf like jeanie, then i go CP, i take lens, she swipe card.
    a bit no backbone rite?

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    a bit no backbone rite?
    nevermind, buy another monopod for me can liao...

nevermind, buy another monopod for me can liao...
    broom stick can?

broom stick can?
    my name not Harry wor... u gimme broomstick we cannot fly together... at most pass back to you and clean my room... thanks!

wah so shiok...

why like that? she very rich?
    if so, who is she haha

Quote Originally Posted by htthach View Post
    why like that? she very rich?
    if so, who is she haha
    confucious once said: wa si lim lau beh/bu.

ok, dont ot.

Yep, 'twas during film days still (dating myself on this one). Got so frustrated with the results (Nikon FM3 and FM10) yield-wise. one roll, good if you have 2-3 keepers. if you've got 5, fantastic! Gave up on the cost of film and its necessary developing costs, which includes OOF shots, skewed shots, etc.

Got back into it with the immediate feedback of digital. Hasn't turned back to film ever since.

Haha I shoot her many times liao lah.. But sometimes when u go out with ur loved ones, u just want to enjoy urself and not carry a heavy Dslr around.. I will bring my F30 along occasionally but ended up only shoot a few pics..

why not shoot your gf?free model for you.

Haha I do see such scenarios too.. My gf lazy lah, help me carry tripod awhile complain liao..

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post

Thanks! I am not thinking of giving up, just that sometimes dun have the feeling of being interested in taking pics lor.. Its like u will lost interest and dun feel like taking your cam out..

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean View Post
    Pat tor or searching for partner doesn't occupy the whole day so there's still time to shoot. Or can even take pic when out with GF / friends too.

I have not experience this yet as i'm new to photography so there are many areas to improve and explored.

Dun give up, keep shooting

think for passion to keep on burning, u have to continously do it. same for any other hobbies. usually when someone pick up a new hobby, she will be super on the ball, and after a while, loss momentum....

Thanks! I am not thinking of giving up, just that sometimes dun have the feeling of being interested in taking pics lor.. Its like u will lost interest and dun feel like taking your cam out..
    i think u are slowly lossing the interest / passion. maybe u pick up photography out of rash decision? maybe take a break and dun think much about it...after sometimes, pick up the cam again and see if it has rekindle your passion

You lost when you are running out of ideas liao. Sg so small, ideals mostly used up. Esp in this world, so many outstanding photos.

I didn't lost interest yet, only waiting for the right time to use it. Although my skill can consider bad, I still use my SLR for baby photos. Esp baby move fast and you can ask them to smile. Recently I took some for my niece, so cute as she hardly laugh, only cry when sees me, haha! So, when you see the result, you are happy, they (bro n sis-in-law) also happy. Precious moment keep me going, even plan to get some good lens soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast