Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122

Thread: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

  1. #81

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Actually,

    what I hope is someone can organise an overseas photography trip. Not one that goes to neaby destination but one that goes to faraway places.

    Is there any overseas tour operators that organise such tours? Maybe US or Europe, tours with photography in mind. It will be nice to join a package tour with all the transport, lodging taken care off and with a local guide to bring u to scenic, off the beaten path, places.

    Anyone been to one of such tours b4?

  2. #82

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    got ah!heard damn big.

    i watch discovery channel last month and saw.
    it was rumoured he used mercury to simulate river in the 'world' he built below IIRC
    ya lah. The chinese government try not to dig up any tomb. Even for the 13 ming tombs, they dug up the WORST emperor's tomb only, if I am not wrong. I think Qingshihuang is pretty safe for quite a number of years.

  3. #83

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    actually i would love to see QIN SHI HUANG's tomb b4 i die
    nobody knows when we are going ..... so if one has the time and the means, better go sooner than too late ...
    always the Light, .... always.

  4. #84
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    astin, need your email.got studio questions to ask you.

    places you name other than china, have been there.
    U looking for me?
    astin-studio@hotmail.com

  5. #85
    Member YogiBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Jurong West, Singapore
    Posts
    1,051

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Seems like most gave a big list of places to visit (this year). Wow! arent they loaded.

    Well here's my take..
    I wish to visit the Three Gorges in China or "Chang Jiang San Xia" in May2007 just before summer kicks in, and way before the DAM opens in late 2008. Proposed itinerary is to fly TigerAirways SIN to Guangzhou and connect flight to Wuhan. Cruise along the Yangtse with stops in selected places all the way to ChongQing. Overland route from ChongQing to Guilin to Guangzhou, and fly home. I hope to cover the entire route in 3 weeks. Budget: as cheap as possible. Group size: not more than 4.

    This is just a wish. No concrete plans as yet.

  6. #86

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    i happen to come by a photobook about a place call YEMEN.
    anyone been there?looks really exotic.

    can share some experience about this place?

  7. #87
    Senior Member Big Kahuna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    2,127

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i happen to come by a photobook about a place call YEMEN.
    anyone been there?looks really exotic.

    can share some experience about this place?
    You are going to war zone perpetually

  8. #88

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    You are going to war zone perpetually
    really ah?

    but i see the pics in this book.wah....i see tons of photos opportunity.
    but i have to admit, it doesnt rreallly look very 'friendly'.

  9. #89

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i happen to come by a photobook about a place call YEMEN.
    anyone been there?looks really exotic.

    can share some experience about this place?
    Ya, been there in 2002 for work. Nothing special there for me at Aden city, I spent my week there. Heard there is a few place outside the city which the permanent staff there recommended that worth a visit but I have forgotten their name.

    Flying on their country airline is really an experience.

    Planning visit Yellow River this March. Anyone know any good local travel agent that organise trip there?

  10. #90

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    You are going to war zone perpetually
    What war? North & South already reconciled many years back.

  11. #91

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Ya, been there in 2002 for work. Nothing special there for me at Aden city, I spent my week there. Heard there is a few place outside the city which the permanent staff there recommended that worth a visit but I have forgotten their name.

    Flying on their country airline is really an experience.

    Planning visit Yellow River this March. Anyone know any good local travel agent that organise trip there?
    where is this country near?

  12. #92

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    where is this country near?
    Below Saudi.

  13. #93

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    really ah?

    but i see the pics in this book.wah....i see tons of photos opportunity.
    but i have to admit, it doesnt rreallly look very 'friendly'.
    Generally, the Yemeni is ok with Chinese, thanks to the infrastructure & community project which China help to build and subsidize/sponsor. This is what I was told. But still, it is not really safe if you travel alone.

  14. #94

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Niccon View Post
    Generally, the Yemeni is ok with Chinese, thanks to the infrastructure & community project which China help to build and subsidize/sponsor. This is what I was told. But still, it is not really safe if you travel alone.
    ok.thanks.

    geeez...you guys really travelled the world.

  15. #95
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Well, last weekend I was bored and decided to be a tourist for a day in Singapore, so brought my gear and walked into Kampong Glam, (my first time there really), it looks great and so different!



  16. #96

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    go there buy cloth as backdrops ah?

  17. #97

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin View Post
    Well, last weekend I was bored and decided to be a tourist for a day in Singapore, so brought my gear and walked into Kampong Glam, (my first time there really), it looks great and so different!


    Oh, you should walk into the small streets in that area. Many small shops selling theme or uncommonly seen or used items and Arabian food.

  18. #98

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    A good place for a holiday, with decent accomodation, not too expansive, and don't forget good food, cheap alcohol, and most important of all, beautiful models to shoot, ok ok, sceneries ... Croatia.

    I was there last September, and I am planning on going back this year, if not, then definately 2008.
    Yeah. I was in Croatia too, probably in year 2002? I have some Croatian friends that I got to know while studying in Italy in 1996. Zagreb was just the capital, but Split was nice. Unfortunately, did not get to see Dubrovnik. So I see myself there again, soon.....

  19. #99

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Just came back from India for a trip to Allahabad, Veranasi and Agra. interesting place.

    If i were to go for another exotic trip, im thinking of Tibet or Turkey. But im also thinking of Japan or Australia.

  20. #100

    Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ramius75 View Post
    Just came back from India for a trip to Allahabad, Veranasi and Agra. interesting place.

    If i were to go for another exotic trip, im thinking of Tibet or Turkey. But im also thinking of Japan or Australia.
    japan and aus exotic?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •