Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

Default Re: where do you plan to go 4 ur photography trip this year?

would love to do tibet.but i really cant do without 'good' accomodation.as in i want ensuite bathroom.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    i didnt know there's a place call shangrila
    google it

keywords "shangrila tibet"

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    google it

keywords "shangrila tibet"
    Actually... I'm not sure if Shangri lah is in Tibet, Thought it was still in China though at the border (although Tibet is "supposed" to be part of China... )

would love to do tibet.but i really cant do without 'good' accomodation.as in i want ensuite bathroom.
    That "might" be harder...

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Yukon, way too out of the way. Saw the aurora borealis once in my life, in late October, in Sweden.
    wow.... Northern lights in Sweden. Must be quite lucky to catch it that far south or did you stay in sweden for LONG time? Norway + sweden is also on my to go list but those places are super expensive.... like alaska....

Wish everyone here a bumper 2007 with LOTS OF MONEY

Quote Originally Posted by Fiip View Post
    Actually... I'm not sure if Shangri lah is in Tibet, Thought it was still in China though at the border (although Tibet is "supposed" to be part of China... )
    I thought there are a NUMBER of places CLAIMING to be Shangrila. The place originated from a book if I am not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    I thought there are a NUMBER of places CLAIMING to be Shangrila. The place originated from a book if I am not wrong.
    Yeah, that's what I thought too... it's supposed to be a fictional place, based upon some Tibetan Buddhist legend about a city in the Himalayas.

it is ok, i had heard people saying something like.. i don't know there is a 'chinatown' or 'little india' in blah blah country..

That "might" be harder...
    that's why till now i havent go to tibet.cos accomodation is a priority when i travel.

i can sweat till drenched for all i care, makeup melt till can use as poster colors, but end of the day, i need a bath tub to soak in.

i remember reading top gear magazine from UK that norway has the world longest tunnel.IIRC, 24km to be exact.
    now, a dream trip will be to rent a f430 there, mount my d200 at the door, and using my ML3 to fire away...

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
    Last edited by jeanie; 11th January 2007 at 05:14 PM.

that's why till now i havent go to tibet.cos accomodation is a priority when i travel.

i can sweat till drenched for all i care, makeup melt till can use as poster colors, but end of the day, i need a bath tub to soak in.
    Wow, willing to go into the most remote part of the world, still thinking about make up some more...

You can find nice hotels in big cities (Lhassa, Shigatze...) but for intermediate stops it will be the "small (hopefully) hot shower in the corner of the building" ...

Wow, willing to go into the most remote part of the world, still thinking about make up some more...

You can find nice hotels in big cities (Lhassa, Shigatze...) but for intermediate stops it will be the "small (hopefully) hot shower in the corner of the building" ...
    when i go overseas as tourist, i'm always more conscious of my image and behaviour as i 'represent'(read:inverted commas) singapore.
    people always comments other asian gals nicer, but i've yet to hear people saying singaporean gals look good.
    so, in order not to throw my own country's face for queing number 1 from the bottom on pretty asian gals, i would WANT to look good.
    (yes, i'm thickskinned, but i'm frank.that's me).

no hot shower, no comfortable bed, no go.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Yeah, that's what I thought too... it's supposed to be a fictional place, based upon some Tibetan Buddhist legend about a city in the Himalayas.
    Yup, I think Kashmir was one of those places (claiming Shangrila)... I heard it has beautiful scenery, but it is still not safe place to go.. well not until India and Pakistan stays away from getting into conflicts there.

A Pashtun driver once describes to me about some of the most beautiful scenery up there in the mountains, dunno when can that place be safe for tourist.

../azul123

i actually love sub zero temps.
    was in switzerland when it hit -8.absolutely love it.
    but then again, i wasnt with my d200.
    the thick gloves may hinder adjustments of the camera.
    i have 5 ENEL3es so batt shouldnt be a prob for me.
    unless all froze up but i usually bring plenty of handwarmers.
    The cold in sub-zero is no problem for most people, it is the wind during winter that is killing. Was in a blizzard once, the snow was almost blowing horizontal, will never want to experience that again.

../azul123

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Northern lights is the name of a light phenomenon often seen in the northern regions. The lights have been around since Earth formed an atmosphere -the dinosaurs saw it, early humans saw it and our descendants will see it. The scientific name for the phenomenon is “Aurora Borealis”, aurora for short.

must go YUKON - NORTHERN LIGHTS & REINDEERS !!!! before I die...
    Welcome to Canada!!

Yukon is indeed Canada's True North, a beautiful place indeed.. Hmm, I am so happy that you have shown interest in this beautiful park.. Yukon has alot to offer..End of Spring & late Fall is good time but its busy periods these times. Summer will be a good choice, less crowds & just as beautiful..

As for me, if all goes well and I am granted the time off and my summer break this June, it will be Kootenay National Park..!

Hawaii

for 2007, Bangladesh & Myanmar
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    The Chinese city of Zhongdien in Yunnan province close to the Tibetan border has officially changed its name to Shangri-la as it is said that the place has resemblance to the Shangri-la described in the novel. It is now served by a domestic airport named Shangri-la Airport. A really beautiful place. I was there in December 2005 and it was certainly cold during the night. The temperature dropped to -13 deg.

Many of you have mentioned about exotic places with Tibet singled out frequently. You need to be in reasonably good health to travel to places at high altitude. You feel varying degree of discomfort, usually continuous headache and giddiness, and you need to buy oxygen canisters to help you if you cannot cope with this symptom. Shangril-la at about 3400m above sea level starts to give you minor discomfort and Tibet is certainly much worse. I personally know many people who had been to Tibet and was sick during the entire duration of the trip, some of whom had to be hospitalized in fact. Exotic places no doubt but can your body take it?

Sigh...so dissapointed with you...here are some links....
    http://travel.yninfo.com/jddy/subject/5/index.html
    http://www.lijiangtour.org/xglllvyou/Index.html

I tot sometimes ago Hosea did posted some very fantastics shots for these places

Quote Originally Posted by David Chin View Post
    Many of you have mentioned about exotic places with Tibet singled out frequently. You need to be in reasonably good health to travel to places at high altitude. You feel varying degree of discomfort, usually continuous headache and giddiness, and you need to buy oxygen canisters to help you if you cannot cope with this symptom. Shangril-la at about 3400m above sea level starts to give you minor discomfort and Tibet is certainly much worse. I personally know many people who had been to Tibet and was sick during the entire duration of the trip, some of whom had to be hospitalized in fact. Exotic places no doubt but can your body take it?
    This I agree with, I hated the first few days everytime I go my company's Operational HQ in Denver (it's nick is Mile High City), you need to drink plenty of water and I always get headaches but luckily only for about 2-3 days and then I get acclimatise.

But there are some perks at high altitude too, you get to see more home runs in Baseball, as the ball zips thru the air higher and faster. Saw Sammy Sosa hit several home runs, one landed quite close to where I was. Hmmm... must dig out that photo, if I could only remember which harddisk it is in.

../azul123

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast