m going to virginia in June..still looking at the internet for more info...
Let's not juz dream about it ....
Let's MAKE it happen!
Work hard, $ave hard, and shoot hard!
always the Light, .... always.
How bout Yosemite National Park in California? Can try to get Ansel Adams like photos
Then from California can drop by to Arizona and the Grand Canyon
The other place is Serengenti/Ngoron Ngoro Parks in Africa. U see migration of animals depending on the time of the year.
Between these 2, I take Alaska.
Egypt is humbling and beautiful. Everywhere you turn, is another photo op. Everywhere you go, is something 300+ years old. I would not joint a full package tour, rather do one that allow some customization. We went with Am Ex, and basically divided the trip into 4 parts, Cairo (3 days), Abu Simbel/Aswan (3 days), Nile Cruise (4 days) and Luxor (2 days).
Alaska is magnificant and HUGE. Fly Ankorage, and spend a week on a driving tour, and finish the trip on a weeklong cruise down to Vancouver. You can also do the Alaskan Ferry from Ankorage to Prince Rupert, BC, and then do the BC ferry down to Vancouver. Very different. You get to visit small towns where only access to outside world is by boat of seaplane. Did all of the above, enjoyed them all.
Iceland is well, barren. Only spent 2 days there so nothing much to say.
Have you thought about the Australian outback? That is tops on my list.
alaska sounds good.
when is their summer?i not good with seasons.
but i generally love winter, no matter how cold it is.
only prob is will my d200 work?should lah hor...
i graduated from down under.so what you think?
Why would the D200 not work there? Well, during the middle of the winter, the battery may not last that long. That's all. And you prob have to watch out for condensation in your lens.
i actually love sub zero temps.
was in switzerland when it hit -8.absolutely love it.
but then again, i wasnt with my d200.
the thick gloves may hinder adjustments of the camera.
i have 5 ENEL3es so batt shouldnt be a prob for me.
unless all froze up but i usually bring plenty of handwarmers.
Northern lights is the name of a light phenomenon often seen in the northern regions. The lights have been around since Earth formed an atmosphere -the dinosaurs saw it, early humans saw it and our descendants will see it. The scientific name for the phenomenon is “Aurora Borealis”, aurora for short.
must go YUKON - NORTHERN LIGHTS & REINDEERS !!!! before I die...
Coming April planning for the Inle Lake.
My aim this year is to go at lease one of this this year -- Tibet, Shangrila, Jiuzhaigou, Huang Long before they are being destroyed by over development.......it's not too far and not too expensive
shangrila the place, not the hotel
To answer your initial question : Next trip is riding 3 weeks in New Zealand South island by Motorbike (along with the cam obvisouly)
Otherwise, did you try the following already :
- China : Yangshuo (Guilin) / Dali-Lijiang (Kunming) / Huangshan / Xiahe (Labuleng Si - close to Langzhou)
- Tibet is Amazing / 4 stars hotels harder to find, especially near Namtso and Everest Base Camp
- Egypt is a must go (havent done yet)
- Japan CherryBlossom in Hokkaido (april)
- South America : Machu Picchu / Iguazu Falls / Nazca Region / Lake Titicaca (for later)
- Venice, Florence, Rome (though Venice in summer is ultracrowded and very stinky (still water + heat), go during Carnival (crowded but a very nice photographic experience) Friday, February 09, 2007 - Tuesday, February 20, 2007
- Morrocco was named earlier, tough and must get used to be harrassed all the time but fantastic country : Mountains / Desert / Beaches / Old Cities full of history and great architecture.
Hope this helps ... though none of them are small budget ones