Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Bed of Roses

  1. #1

    Default Bed of Roses

    hi! for you C&C..thanks


  2. #2

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    looks flat without proper focus...
    the way you used the flash has left (almost) no shadows... i think you should focus on a smaller amount of roses and then play with DOF more...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    oddly, your sharp pic have not so nice red, and your background red is nicer...

    sadly this pic dun work as there isn't anything thats attracting, everything is just shouting for attention and its so messy, i feel its like just a blindshot.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

    Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    Quote Originally Posted by digisnap View Post
    It is a nice bunch of flowers. Their colors however are not uniform so I would have preferred a macro shot of the middle flower which seems to have better color and shape compared to the others.

    Still, its a good attempt. Keep on shooting.
    actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    Quote Originally Posted by makoy View Post
    actually the effect that i really wanted was for the middle rose to stand out among the rest.

    Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    Well, I guess the problem there is that all the roses in front are in-focus. That really hurts the effect. And your flash is a bit harsh, a diffuser or warm, natural light and no flash would help.
    ok.thanks for your advice..
    btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bed of Roses

    Quote Originally Posted by makoy View Post
    ok.thanks for your advice..
    btw, i am only using the built in flash, is there any diffuser or something that can make my flash softer?
    Yeah... As discussed in your "Start Early" thread, a single ply of tissue paper or 3M Micropore can help.

    Or:

    - Cut up a Yakult bottle

    - cut up a 35mm film roll canister (the milky white ones)

    The last 2 will give you more of a "diffused" effect, but they'll involve some arts and crafts.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •