Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: The Serangoon Shooters @ The Serangoon

Default Re: The Serangoon Shooters @ The Serangoon

Because all the 'old faces' could not make it to the meeting, thus 98%.

Oh ya, so your course fee has been readjusted once again to Min. $35. Even though there is no rental charge for you now huh.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by photobum View Post
    Okay, I know you guys are meeting tonight.

Sorry.... I will not be able to join all of you due to me working late. But, as I had mentioned earlier, I will try to organise a Photoshop workshop with your group. You guys can discuss the one price each of you are willing to pay, plus the commission that goes to the CC, let me know and I will try to work out a reasonable price for all of you.

Please keep in mind the absolutely lowest I will go is $35 per 2 hours session, so please consider my time and effort. Also, my transportation and material printing. The CC's commission will be additional.

Sorry, was refering to the above quote. And then additional for CC's Commission.
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    Oh ya, so your course fee has been readjusted once again to Min. $35. Even though there is no rental charge for you now huh.
    The $35 fee is without restriction to the number of people attending. I can have 1 or 8 persons. If your group can gather more than 8 persons, I can lower the fee to $30. These rates are for a single 2-hour session.

The $35 fee is without restriction to the number of people attending. I can have 1 or 8 persons. If your group can gather more than 8 persons, I can lower the fee to $30. These rates are for a single 2-hour session.
    So I guess you are offering a 5 dollars discount compared to your normal classes of $40 per session. Which your class is max 3 person?
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by fotojoy View Post
    *waves "hi"*

Hi Mr William .. Hi Danny / Benny (didnt hear clearly) ... Hi Desmond?!?!? Hi Andy ...
    Hi .... aiyooo me forgetful

Nice meeting u pple ... see u at the next gathering
    Hi just to let you know my name is Danny remember my nick and should be able to recall my intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang View Post
    So I guess you are offering a 5 dollars discount compared to your normal classes of $40 per session. Which your class is max 3 person?
    My normal class is a 1-to-1 workshop limited to an individual and completes in 4 sessions. The $5 is for the transport fee going to their homes which I think is fair (consider the fact that I sometimes have to take a cab from work to their places).

This workshop which I am about to conduct to the Serangoon group is a very different from my 1-to-1 workshop. In fact, you can attend one session of an individual topic and skip the other, or vice versa. It is entirely up to you. I received feedbacks from some of your members saying that they only wanted to learn a specific Photoshop techniques. The content of this workshop is divided into several topics instead of one continuous course of 4 lessons (which some of you may find this unpractical).

I believe this type of workshop offers better value and learning flexibility to all Serangoon Shooters.
    Last edited by photobum; 18th January 2007 at 11:46 PM.

It will be nice if there's some classes on Flash Photography.
    Canon EOS 5D Classic | Minolta X-700 | http://flickr.com/photos/zeus

Smile Re: The Serangoon Shooters @ The Serangoon

Hi Necroist and All Interested Parties:

Come to our meeting, sign up as a member and find out what we have planned for our members. We have the talent and resources within The Serangoon Shooters to offer value to our members. Details will not be posted in CS.
    Looking forward to see you at our next meeting on Jan 31 @ 7:30 pm @ The Serangoon.

JWT

Darling Shooters,

I am back...lots of weird things happened...

My Tripod kana kapo when we reached Delhi Airport, literally tugged off, which is strapped to my backpack. My Portable HDD kana broken when I was transferring data (my own clumspiness)...Photo-taking, I got dust particles on my lens (pics got dots) every seconds..super dusty place.........

Best: One of the old uncle at Taj Mahal locker-service tried stealing by pocketing my mini LED torchlight into his sleeves and use a scarf quickly hide it! Right in front of me!
    When I saw it and scream at him to put it back into the locker, he unhappily taking it out from his sleeves and threw it back into my locker. and Cursing me somemore...wah lao..

2nd Best: Tuk Tuk drivers bring u somewhere (other than your destination) force u into shops to browse (so they take commission), or if you dun go, they leave u somewhere, and demand money from u so they continue or leave u there stranded!

Incredible India...

cough cough, and I lost my voice...some of the places, the PSI is 2 to 3 times worse than Singapore worst day.

Sick Lotus...

taken this sunset shot, back of Taj Mahal, slump area, dirty water/river, mosquitos everywhere,
    no tripod....and freezing cold..shaky hands.....

Please note that there is a hard dot on the pixs (left side near a bird)...its in my kit lens...most pixs have it...i am doomed!
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 24th January 2007 at 11:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroist View Post
    It will be nice if there's some classes on Flash Photography.
    How about if I conduct a lighting workshop for all of you? I think I will give you guys a break this round. I will offer it in exchange for an opportunity to promote my Photoshop workshop to your group. This workshop will take about 2 hours.

Just let me know the day and time. Oh.... I do need someone to volunteer to model for me. Preferably, one male and one female.
    Last edited by photobum; 24th January 2007 at 10:12 AM.

Flash / Lighting workshop sounds good!
    APAD | Blog

Me oso interested.. but I dun have a Flash yet..

I will be using studio strobes, not flash. But, you can still apply the same lighting principles regardless.

Red face Re: The Serangoon Shooters @ The Serangoon

Ya, just as I expected.

Really hope to find flash photography workshop.
    APAD | Blog

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Darling Shooters,

I am back...lots of weird things happened...

Incredible India...

cough cough, and I lost my voice...some of the places, the PSI is 2 to 3 times worse than Singapore worst day.

Sick Lotus...

taken this sunset shot, back of Taj Mahal, slump area, dirty water/river, mosquitos everywhere,
    no tripod....and freezing cold..shaky hands.....

Please note that there is a hard dot on the pixs (left side near a bird)...its in my kit lens...most pixs have it...i am doomed!
    wow, sounds like quite an adventure! Yeah the situation was quite the same when I went to Nepal a few years back. Luckily I only brought my PnS camera there (I'm not really a scenery shooter). Majority of my pics were very smogy. At least you had some presentable ones I couldn't eat or sleep well there Hope you're feeling better now
    Last edited by Sirius; 24th January 2007 at 08:14 PM.

How about if I conduct a lighting workshop for all of you? I think I will give you guys a break this round. I will offer it in exchange for an opportunity to promote my Photoshop workshop to your group. This workshop will take about 2 hours.

Just let me know the day and time. Oh.... I do need someone to volunteer to model for me. Preferably, one male and one female.
    me also interested in the flash/lighting workshop. Is it like a portrait lighting thingy, I still can't control the hair light and background light properly, hope this workshop covers some of it. So this workshop is free?

Thumbs up Re: The Serangoon Shooters @ The Serangoon

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius View Post
    me also interested in the flash/lighting workshop. Is it like a portrait lighting thingy, I still can't control the hair light and background light properly, hope this workshop covers some of it. So this workshop is free?
    Free I also wan
    D800|24~120mm VR|AF VR 80~400mm ED |SB900|50mm F1.8|CD 2X2|FL-360|FastPack 350/Sony RX100M3

wow, sounds like quite an adventure! Yeah the situation was quite the same when I went to Nepal a few years back. Luckily I only brought my PnS camera there (I'm not really a scenery shooter). Majority of my pics were very smogy. At least you had some presentable ones I couldn't eat or sleep well there Hope you're feeling better now
    I lost my voice there, but I still manage to find some strength to "niao" those who tried to cheat us...

I am coughing now....

ee
    So this workshop is free?
    Yes, it is free. However, I don't think I can setup a backdrop at the CC. That will be too many items for me to haul. I will try to use only a main light and a fill light. Let's keep it simple.

Let's have a vote. Would you guys prefer a studio-type setup (meaning using only studio strobes) or just basic flash units?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast