Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37

Thread: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

  1. #1

    Default Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Just checking with you guys.. do you remember the first time in Buy/Sell people use:

    A. Shutter counts (for bodies)

    Nowadays, I guess I should not be surprised by people asking:

    1. Flash counts (for number of POPs on flashes)
    2. Mirror flaps (since we can recondition/change shutter)
    3. Aperture actuations (on lenses, 1k is better then 20k actuations?)
    4. On-body flash pop-up (number of times the flash are used, if available)
    5. Number of SD/CF insertions/removals
    6. Number of gaferings done and removed

    What other possibilities can you think of for our friends in Buy/Sell??

    Come on.. let it rip...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Punggol Park
    Posts
    1,977

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Very interesting hhhmmmm

  3. #3

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff49er View Post
    Very interesting hhhmmmm
    Number of times we clean or "Lenspen" the front element (Too many times can wear off the coating)

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Number of times we clean or "Lenspen" the front element (Too many times can wear off the coating)
    eh, i don bother counting this... most of the time just clean my filter.
    and
    3. Aperture actuations (on lenses, 1k is better then 20k actuations?)
    4. On-body flash pop-up (number of times the flash are used, if available)
    5. Number of SD/CF insertions/removals
    6. Number of gaferings done and removed

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    1. Number of hours left in dry cabinet / dry box since purchase.
    2. Number of times I touched it.
    3. Number of times lens put on / taken off.
    4. Number of times I have let others touched it.
    5. Number of hours outdoors.


  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    I think it is wrong to post here. There is a proper forum for that:
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22

    Regards,
    Arto.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Is the original "plastic" still on the LCD? If not how many times the da-screen protector has been changed?

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Nee Soon
    Posts
    457

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Wah lao, haha.

    lens autofocus mechanism will wear out,
    lens manual focus ring will wear out,
    lens VR will wear out,
    lens mount/unmount will wear out,
    LCD on too bright for too long will wear out,
    CCD too many long exposures will wear out,
    every time your neck strap move will wear the lug a bit.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    289

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    Wah lao, haha.

    lens autofocus mechanism will wear out,
    lens manual focus ring will wear out,
    lens VR will wear out,
    lens mount/unmount will wear out,
    LCD on too bright for too long will wear out,
    CCD too many long exposures will wear out,
    every time your neck strap move will wear the lug a bit.
    How many times open the lens caps?
    How many times close the lens caps?
    How many times changes lenses?

    How many times aiming( half pressed) without shooting?
    How many times aim and shoot?

    How many times you count times?

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    floating in space.
    Posts
    795

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by standingup View Post
    How many times open the lens caps?
    How many times close the lens caps?
    How many times changes lenses?

    How many times aiming( half pressed) without shooting?
    How many times aim and shoot?

    How many times you count times?

  11. #11
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,867
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Just checking with you guys.. do you remember the first time in Buy/Sell people use:

    A. Shutter counts (for bodies)

    Nowadays, I guess I should not be surprised by people asking:

    1. Flash counts (for number of POPs on flashes)
    2. Mirror flaps (since we can recondition/change shutter)
    3. Aperture actuations (on lenses, 1k is better then 20k actuations?)
    4. On-body flash pop-up (number of times the flash are used, if available)
    5. Number of SD/CF insertions/removals
    6. Number of gaferings done and removed

    What other possibilities can you think of for our friends in Buy/Sell??

    Come on.. let it rip...
    actually, i once kenna one idiot asking me how many times i flashed my flash when i was selling my canon stuff. i really dun know whether to laugh or cry...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    how many user beside the owner have used the camera???


  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    how many dust have fallen on the sensor before?

  14. #14

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    how many dust have fallen on the sensor before?
    Woah.. this is question very solid... How to answer? "Open up and see lor.."

  15. #15

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    How many times has the flash been mounted on the bodies?
    How many times is the pc socket used?

    And maybe...
    How many times have you sent it for servicing?

    I say maybe becos it can either be good or bad. Why,

    1. General TLC (Test, Lubricate, Cleaning)
    2. Front/back focussing
    3. Mirror box misaligned after knocked
    4. Hot/bad pixel
    5. Shutter calibration
    6. Over/under exposing meter
    7. Shutter sensitivity not enough/too much

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    Woah.. this is question very solid... How to answer? "Open up and see lor.."
    another one... how many bits of data is written onto your memory card(s) with that camera...

    this is getting lame.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    How many time the batteries are charged, how many batteries, Original or 3rd parties used.

    How many times lens was mounted/dismounted.

    How many seconds was camera exposed without body cap or lens mounted.



  18. #18

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    I wonder why buyers often ask such questions when there is no means of verifying most of them?

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Volcano Land
    Posts
    2,351

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Why? 2 words sum it up... Clueless and kiasu...

  20. #20

    Default Re: Setting Standards for Buy/Sell

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    actually, i once kenna one idiot asking me how many times i flashed my flash when i was selling my canon stuff. i really dun know whether to laugh or cry...
    what is wrong with that question? I would ask at least roughly how often the flash has been used, especially since Flash is a consumable. Not exactly how many times it is fired but rather its usage and how strong the flash is.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •