Thread: TigerAirway or AirAsia? Why?

Default TigerAirway or AirAsia? Why?

Hi guys, im doing a project and need your help

Both are the well known budget airline.
    However, which is a better choice in your own preference and why so?
    [Considering the comfortability, service, rates etc.]

Thanks alot!

Default Re: TigerAirway or AirAsia? Why?

Quote Originally Posted by render View Post
    Hi guys, im doing a project and need your help

Both are the well known budget airline.
    However, which is a better choice in your own preference and why so?
    [Considering the comfortability, service, rates etc.]

Thanks alot!
    Hi, maybe you would like to tell us more background information about your project - motivations, objectives, scope.... so we can give you a more focused reply.

Quote Originally Posted by henrylim View Post
    Hi, maybe you would like to tell us more background information about your project - motivations, objectives, scope.... so we can give you a more focused reply.
    hi henry! thanks for the sweet reply.
    hmms, well. in fact i just need people to comment and respond to the thread thats all.
    Just need to know your personal opinion and the reason behind it.

thanks! ups ups

when it comes to choice.. it depends where u are taking from. If u are taking from Malaysia.. many places to go by Air Asia.

However from Singapore.. i will take Tiger Airways.

Quote Originally Posted by render View Post
    hi henry! thanks for the sweet reply.
    hmms, well. in fact i just need people to comment and respond to the thread thats all.
    Just need to know your personal opinion and the reason behind it.

thanks! ups ups
    Oh i see, you just want to know for fun. Well, I don't really like Tiger Airways - no allocated seats, walk the tarmac. For the low price when you book during promotions, I have no complaints though. AirAsia? Neber take it before.

Quote Originally Posted by henrylim View Post
    Oh i see, you just want to know for fun. Well, I don't really like Tiger Airways - no allocated seats, walk the tarmac. For the low price when you book during promotions, I have no complaints though. AirAsia? Neber take it before.
    No la, not know for fun. for project purpose. but the project motive is on forum discussion. Anyhow, i heard pretty much complains for tigerairway and people are suggesting airasia, thats why i came up with this topic. theres another budget airline, jetstar? Don't really travel so hope to know more as im majoring in the tourism industry

I took TigerAirway 1 time. Slept all time during the flight. I didnt even remember how it was. But I must say quite ok to me. No complain so far.

If you compare to SingAir, I don't see the different in term of quality service like attitude... The air stewardess are pretty fine to me. It much better compared to some other Airways I took before like Lufthansa airline, Air France (the air stewardess are very cold)...

About AirAsia, Never taken before.

My impression of Jetstar is quite good, service is nice, some more don't have to go to budget terminal or walk on the tarmac, but have to go all the way to the very last gate.

There isn't much to compare between budget airlines. Afterall, the services provided are very basic i.e. no seat allocation, no food, walk to tarmac, etc. The last time I took TigerAirway was two years back when I went to BKK. They were still very primitive - no computer at check-in counters, using nominal roll and my name was missing from the list. Unfortunately, I had a confirmation letter with me. They promised to rectify the mistake and that it would not happen on my home trip. But, it happened again at BKK. Emailed to complain but nobody replied me.
    Last edited by redstorm; 11th January 2007 at 10:38 AM.

I am a AirAsia frequent flier.

They do the same thing, cuss budget, no seat allocation, walk on tarmac, climb the stairs.

However, not as primitive la.. AA uses computer to check-in passenger.

Another different also, most of the planes are chartered, means not owned by AA.
    However, they had order 100 Airbus.. and delivering over the year...

Anything else you wanna know ?

Quote Originally Posted by arpinkor View Post
    My impression of Jetstar is quite good, service is nice, some more don't have to go to budget terminal or walk on the tarmac, but have to go all the way to the very last gate.
    i tired Jetstar Asia before, the food and coffee sold on board are nice.. but a bit costy.

however, the seats are terrible small.... i dunno abt AA or Tiger...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    i tired Jetstar Asia before, the food and coffee sold on board are nice.. but a bit costy.

however, the seats are terrible small.... i dunno abt AA or Tiger...
    Have tried both AA and TigerAirways, both their seats are ok. The only budget airline, I think, which have seat allocation and free basic meal is ValueAir but the price is bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Have tried both AA and TigerAirways, both their seats are ok. The only budget airline, I think, which have seat allocation and free basic meal is ValueAir but the price is bit more.
    wah.. so good. I heard Value Air seats are bigger. I think airfare too cheap sure got something not good loh.