Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: It Vomitted !

  1. #1
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default It Vomitted !

    (1)


    oops..

    trial and error, learning how to take photo...
    C & C appreciated...
    tell me my weak points.... grateful.
    Last edited by LOTUSfairy; 9th January 2007 at 08:48 PM.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    please read the guidelines http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=139941

    thanks

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Attractive Title

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    (1)


    oops..

    trial and error, learning how to take photo...
    C & C appreciated...
    tell me my weak points.... grateful.
    ya know the diff between vomit & spraying?

    Anyway your pic is just plain, bad crop and worse of all, tilted...

  5. #5

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    i like contrast between the background and subject. looks soft though.

    another possible title "Merlioned".

  6. #6
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    ya know the diff between vomit & spraying?

    Anyway your pic is just plain, bad crop and worse of all, tilted...
    Oh..some facts..
    It was actually a badly taken photo with pple around the Merlion..
    (my first try with my new DSLR, have not even learn photography techniques yet).

    Managed to crop it, tilted it to make it fun, like Merlion vomitting.

    It was the 1st day of the new year...seen pple drink, then they v.......
    That gave me the idea...

    anyway, I thought photography should be fun and trying...

    I will continue to practice and improve on the techniques.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Oh..some facts..
    It was actually a badly taken photo with pple around the Merlion..
    (my first try with my new DSLR, have not even learn photography techniques yet).

    Managed to crop it, tilted it to make it fun, like Merlion vomitting.

    It was the 1st day of the new year...seen pple drink, then they v.......
    That gave me the idea...

    anyway, I thought photography should be fun and trying...

    I will continue to practice and improve on the techniques.
    u newbie meh...

  8. #8
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u newbie meh...

    yes,...just got a D80 and struggling to understand the Aperture, ISO, Shutter...
    trying to read...
    now only going for trial and error...
    hehe...

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    yes,...just got a D80 and struggling to understand the Aperture, ISO, Shutter...
    trying to read...
    now only going for trial and error...
    hehe...
    need mentor? hahaha...

    btw, cannot read hor, remember to tune the diopter...

    trial & error in your hdd gao liao, no need to post 1... if u think its good enuff, then u seek to improve...

  10. #10
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    need mentor? hahaha...

    btw, cannot read hor, remember to tune the diopter...

    trial & error in your hdd gao liao, no need to post 1... if u think its good enuff, then u seek to improve...
    Thought that it is good to take it out and ask for C & C. Keep it wun improve...
    If pix is good, only waiting for praises...erhh...defeat the purpose lor..

    I want to noe where my weak points lor.

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    Thought that it is good to take it out and ask for C & C. Keep it wun improve...
    If pix is good, only waiting for praises...erhh...defeat the purpose lor..

    I want to noe where my weak points lor.
    maybe you should let us know why u take the shot 1st then we do critique then we can sniper u successfully.

    and bigger pic next time, cos your pic look like quite blur, most likely is motionblur since its a long exposure. the overexposure of the body oso dun work...

  12. #12
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    maybe you should let us know why u take the shot 1st then we do critique then we can sniper u successfully.

    and bigger pic next time, cos your pic look like quite blur, most likely is motionblur since its a long exposure. the overexposure of the body oso dun work...
    Bigger pics...noted.

    motionblur....cos I have not gotten my remote cord that time, use my finger and hold my breathe...

    Timing...agar agar one...

    THanks..

  13. #13

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    You might also want to work on your framing, and making sure your subject is "straight" in the pics. Like this (taken with an H1, hand-held):


  14. #14
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    You might also want to work on your framing, and making sure your subject is "straight" in the pics. Like this (taken with an H1, hand-held):

    wahh....nice...Will keep your advise in mind....straight straight straight ...

  15. #15

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    The picture is not well taken but it did bring out a smile for me after seeing it.

    You very young izzit? The humor and picture has a child-like tinge

  16. #16
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30 View Post
    The picture is not well taken but it did bring out a smile for me after seeing it.

    You very young izzit? The humor and picture has a child-like tinge
    Thanks for your encouragement...
    Technical, I should say myself == zero, cos this is the 1st time I use a DSLR and using my fingers to capture the pix. (no remote cord then).
    and I am not young lor...

  17. #17

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    nice try.. go there with a tripod the next time..

  18. #18

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    The bottom part of your pic... try to give abit of space showing the merlion's base. Now it looks alittle funny.

  19. #19
    Moderator LOTUSfairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Serangoon
    Posts
    3,337

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    oki..Will try again... thanks ..

  20. #20

    Default Re: It Vomitted !

    Nice idea and i understand that u tilt it to show that it actually vomitted. It will be even more humourous if u can make the merlion "bend down and vomit" (a bit like hunchback) in Photoshop so that it will look like the vomit pose. Usually we bend down and vomit, so by making the Merlion bend down, it will have a greater impact.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •