Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: photography-friendly places

Default Re: photography-friendly places

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    what's the penalty for tresspassing?anyone knows?
    if it's just a warning and a fine, i'm willing to take the risk.

and anyone knows where to rent a black and white house(if you know what i'm talking about) for shoot?i've checked out the agents that rents to expats and they told me they dont do short term.only long term of 1year and above.

to add to list for answers:
    -changi airport exterior and interior?
    -suntec fountain assuming you dont walk the path but to the water flowing areas(circumference?)
    -singapore arts museum or national museum?
    -exterior of forbidden city (clarke quay)?
    - ACM empress place?
    -ritz carlton's 'roof garden'?
    hi...Jeanie...
    so far been to Changi Airport, national museum (a lot ppl taking oso) interior or exterior...no problem

other suggestion: Vivio city (exterior)

Quote Originally Posted by tigeramk_007 View Post
    hi...Jeanie...
    so far been to Changi Airport, national museum (a lot ppl taking oso) interior or exterior...no problem

other suggestion: Vivio city (exterior)

changi allow?
    national museum allow?
    sure?

i'm referring to portraiture pics.and not 'tourist-snap-and-bye-bye' kind of pics.
    maybe i didnt state so earlier.apologies.

changi allow?
    national museum allow?
    sure?

i'm referring to portraiture pics.and not 'tourist-snap-and-bye-bye' kind of pics.
    maybe i didnt state so earlier.apologies.
    told you before, those places, building you have seen before people taking bridal photos one are basically OK, some may need to pay.
    those free to shoot one, if you shooting put one light stand here, put another reflector there, mount the tripod here, ten photographers shooting XMM that type of shoot, sure can not.
    if only just one photographer with one camera, plus one model, don't make noise, don't block up the passage, don't hinder other people doing business, finish with 10 mins and move on, mostly nobody will bother you.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    told you before, those places, building you have seen before people taking bridal photos one are basically OK, some may need to pay.
    those free to shoot one, if you shooting put one light stand here, put another reflector there, mount the tripod here, ten photographers shooting XMM that type of shoot, sure can not.
    if only just one photographer with one camera, plus one model, don't make noise, don't block up the passage, don't hinder other people doing business, finish with 10 mins and move on, mostly nobody will bother you.
    oic.tq
    but i doubt i can finish a location in 10 mins.
    i'm no pro u know?

oic.tq
    but i doubt i can finish a location in 10 mins.
    i'm no pro u know?
    the place so big, here shoot 10mins, there 10mins, go further another 10mins, upstair 10 mins, back lane 10mins, how many 10 mins you need?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    the place so big, here shoot 10mins, there 10mins, go further another 10mins, upstair 10 mins, back lane 10mins, how many 10 mins you need?
    i dunno.a day?

Chijmes is good. did a project there for school. sat in the middle of the carpark and shot. the guard was just amused. didnt chase us away so i guess it should be fine!

I don't understand why does it take a lot to explore new sights in sgp, since the photographer is suppose to bring out the intricate and personality at any given location, using the surroundings to relate to the subject. In that same application, the creativity makes every place new, each time you return to it. Because a same place, can tell of many stories, many times over.

The location simply depends on the theme of your shoot. Serangoon and little India area makes good area for fashion shoots if you ask me.

Who said Serangoon or Little India not appropriate places. The thread was on "friendly places" to shoot. If you think that much of Serangoon and Little India, may I ask, have you shot there, and are they friendly places? If your answers are yes and yes, then why don't you put those 2 places up as "friendly places to shoot"?

Actually, maybe to your chergrin, there are only very few public places in Singapore that are friendly to photographers. And my experiences at both Serangoon and Little India, were a mix bag.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Who said Serangoon or Little India not appropriate places. The thread was on "friendly places" to shoot. If you think that much of Serangoon and Little India, may I ask, have you shot there, and are they friendly places? If your answers are yes and yes, then why don't you put those 2 places up as "friendly places to shoot"?

Actually, maybe to your chergrin, there are only very few public places in Singapore that are friendly to photographers. And my experiences at both Serangoon and Little India, were a mix bag.

it's very true.and it's sad.

Bro o' Bro,

Many places are friendly to photographers & photography. But its not very practical if you carry 2 tonne worth of equipment and walk around town trying to set the equipment up and expect ppl to be friendly.

Little India is considered a nice place to shoot, simply because its basking of activities and colors, that is hard to find elsewhere in Singapore. Nowhere else has that kind of energy, as well as the good mix of colors and art. But its very "unfriendly" if you wana set up any equipment there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post

it's very true.and it's sad.
    It's different if you make yourself look, behave and sound like a tourist. Most will even pose for you somemore...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234