Default Re: photography-friendly places

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247 View Post
    Couldn't agree more with SilentWave.

If you want some suggestions, here they are
    1. Chinatown
    2. Little India
    3. Lorong Buangkok
    4. Ubin
    i dont think buangkok is listed in my GPS, since it's a pretty new town.and i am absolutely lost season 3 without directions.

ubin out of the question for me.
    1)too hot-makeup melt
    2)mozzies come to me like bees to honey
    3)i feel very paiseh for my friends to help me lug quite a few items all the way to ubin
    4)ubin to me also nothing much.i mean, nothing mainland cant create right?mainly nature, trees, quarries.
    5)no starbucks or TCC or coffee club

btw, i shot in little india b4.do you know how much attention you will be getting if you shoot there?people there crowd around you maciam you are filming bollywood.i'm serious.

Quote Originally Posted by SilentWave View Post
    I think some places will allow Jeanie to do that as long as she is willing to pay the property owner whatever they are charging for professional works.
    i am willing.
    but i really hate the liasons and paper work.
    luckily i have a very very helpful secretary/PA.
    else, i'll give up.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadpoet View Post
    Jeanie, the point is, all the places you suggested were all shot to hell already. Why go there? Oh, one of those, Chijmes, can be arranged for free. Did a shoot there once. JUst have to get permisison before hand, and to assure them none of the pictures will be used commercially.

Back to my point, go find places to shoot. There are many places, no one knows or very few people know, shoot there until everyone starting to show up. Early morning is always great time to shoot. The light is beautiful, and there is hardly anyone around.
    i know shot to hell.but in sgp, is there any place that hasnt been shot to death?
    so chijmes really can ah?
    i'll try asking when i confirm want to shoot there.
    your pm list not complete.shoot me more please.

Quote Originally Posted by jasongcp View Post
    I think most locations you suggested are pretty okie... but jeanie is bringing a whole studio down which will prove quite hard for the property owner to swallow and believe she is not doing commercially. How many of us hobbyist brings a whole F1 team down for location shoot? jeanie, have you tried writing in to someone who is in charge rather than the normal receptionists who are taught to play safe most of the time?
    i seriously have no idea.i usually just ask my colleague to enquire for me.

Quote Originally Posted by shooter View Post
    Yah lor... SG so boring....

Did you mention you'll pay? Simple lah... Book a plane, fly ur models,MUAs and all the equpt to some europe countries loh....

Why bother to 'trap' a filthy rich gal like yourself in SG?

filthy rich?
    believe me.i wont surf CS to ask for suggestions.i will really do as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you can shoot at millenia walk, but you need to fill in your particular and grt the pass from the security desk, think they should still doing the same thing now, my last visit was about 2 years ago.

Anyway, like DP says, many places you can shoot, with going thru proper channel, talk to the right person, get the permission, fill in the paper work, you are free to shoot.

If trying to do it sneaky, challenging the system, telling the security guard off, are just simply disgrace the name of photographers.
    cant be help.i dont have a good temper.
    when confronted headon, i'm as frank as deadpoet.i beginning to feel i'm the female version of dp.

also, talkign about disgracing name of photographers, there are many in cs.how on earth do we change that?

Talking Re: photography-friendly places

Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    cant be help.i dont have a good temper.
    when confronted headon, i'm as frank as deadpoet.i beginning to feel i'm the female version of dp.

also, talkign about disgracing name of photographers, there are many in cs.how on earth do we change that?
    So, u wanna be Mrs DP
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Quote Originally Posted by vince123123 View Post
    Just to clarfy, I doubt that you are trespassing if you went in to a private place normally open to the public and take photos without permission. I reckon that it is only AFTER you have been asked to leave and you remain, that you are tresspassing.

So ya, just a minor inaccuracy.
    Yup, you're right.

Maybe the trick is to shoot until the staff come to chase you off... Then come back the next day!
    Last edited by Youhong; 10th January 2007 at 01:52 AM.

i hv did a tfcd inside esplanade itself .. the security did check and ask if is for commercial.
    just tell them is for hobby

vince123123
    Guests

Well, I would say that it is unclear whether coming back the second day doesn't constitute trespass, so act with caution.

Quote Originally Posted by Youhong View Post
    Yup, you're right.

Maybe the trick is to shoot until the staff come to chase you off... Then come back the next day!

guys, for next 2 weeks, it will be this kind of weather.

any suggestions on venue if i want to do some outdoor portraiture?undershelter of course.
    thanks

I'd wait till i get some nice morning of evening sun to do any outdoor shooting. The best is a sunrise after a storm IMHO.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Clarke Quay.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

guys, for next 2 weeks, it will be this kind of weather.

any suggestions on venue if i want to do some outdoor portraiture?undershelter of course.
    thanks
    Clarke Quay, and also very friendly, no one will bother you.

how to buy esplanade(for eg) u tell me?
    U are actually even considering?!

Quote Originally Posted by Caspere View Post
    U are actually even considering?!
    aiyo!of course not and it's just a comment lah!
    pengzzz

You most places are anal about photography because there is money to be made from shooting on locations. Production companies pay 4 figure sums to do a shoot in a location for a day

Blog Entries

public property is OK
    private property need to ask for permission

Eg, MRT station is Private Property
    Bus Stop is public property

Quote Originally Posted by mattlock View Post
    You most places are anal about photography because there is money to be made from shooting on locations. Production companies pay 4 figure sums to do a shoot in a location for a day
    thing is...i'm really willing to pay, if i like/love the location.but that doesnt seem like an option to me when i enquire with these people/organisation.

It takes alot to explore new sight in sgp and also to see the "old" place in a new light. How you make you of the new place is another thing for everyone. That is Creativity.
    sometime having a good temper goes a long way and makes your day and the model and your team.
    I am looking for new places also. Club street are indeed a very good location for night scene shoot. Done a shoot there before in the evening. It should be not a very big problem.
    and Yes , Morning light is the sweetest to have anyshoot to hav be done. Love the colour for the photos and the weather.
    hahahaha

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast