Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

  1. #1

    Default Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

    Thanks in advance!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
    As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

    Thanks in advance!
    Canon DPP can do that. I always do. 1st select all the photos you want to convert den open in DPP. I always DL from my cards to comp using zoombrowser, den in ZB, i select the photos and right click, click process raw. that will open my DPP. If you want to do any adjustment, this is the time to do it else just click save. it will open a dialog box for you to save photo as Jpeg (default). You can choose yr location to save to, change file name etc.

    Hope that helps.


    Er... I'm using canon and the software are provided. I'm not sure about other system.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    i think any RAW conversion software can do... Nikon Capture should be able to do it, so does Lightroom or Rawshooter Essential (freeware)

  4. #4
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
    As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

    Thanks in advance!
    There's always a RAW Preview program for the thumbnails if you need them in a smaller file size and just for previewing.

    Else, the other way for me would be to use Adobe Elements 4.0 and do a Process Multiple Files. It does the extraction and any Auto Levels, Auto Colours or Auto Contrast, Sharpening if I need to utilise any of those features....

  5. #5

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Canon DPP can do that. I always do. 1st select all the photos you want to convert den open in DPP. I always DL from my cards to comp using zoombrowser, den in ZB, i select the photos and right click, click process raw. that will open my DPP. If you want to do any adjustment, this is the time to do it else just click save. it will open a dialog box for you to save photo as Jpeg (default). You can choose yr location to save to, change file name etc.

    Hope that helps.


    Er... I'm using canon and the software are provided. I'm not sure about other system.
    Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm on Canon too.. I tried to use your method but come to a point its just one big BLUR to me!

    When i right click "Processing RAW Images", another window pops up. Its the "RAW Image Task" and from there i blur already. They show each and every of my photos, and i dunno how to mass convert from there.

    Sorry and thanks for yr patience, one big newbie here

  6. #6

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    i think any RAW conversion software can do... Nikon Capture should be able to do it, so does Lightroom or Rawshooter Essential (freeware)
    Thanks, downloading and trying Rawshooter Essential.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    There's always a RAW Preview program for the thumbnails if you need them in a smaller file size and just for previewing.

    Else, the other way for me would be to use Adobe Elements 4.0 and do a Process Multiple Files. It does the extraction and any Auto Levels, Auto Colours or Auto Contrast, Sharpening if I need to utilise any of those features....
    Can i use the same method on the CS2? I cant seem to find anything that can do the above. Thanks for yr reply too!

  8. #8
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
    Can i use the same method on the CS2? I cant seem to find anything that can do the above. Thanks for yr reply too!
    Sorry.. haven't tried the CS 2 yet... so can't be sure.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    in cs2
    Go to file>scripts>image processor
    den can convert everything from raw to jpeg

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
    Thanks for your prompt reply! I'm on Canon too.. I tried to use your method but come to a point its just one big BLUR to me!

    When i right click "Processing RAW Images", another window pops up. Its the "RAW Image Task" and from there i blur already. They show each and every of my photos, and i dunno how to mass convert from there.

    Sorry and thanks for yr patience, one big newbie here
    from there you can see "save" on top. click that and you will see another window for you to set yr conversion type, name etc.

    I just realise that there is another easy way. open DPP, select yr files, den from the file tap, click batch process or shortcut Ctrl+B. However i still prefer my earlier method as i will do some minoer adjustment to individual photos. not all photos will be processed in the same way. I'm not good with description and instruction. sorry abt that.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    from there you can see "save" on top. click that and you will see another window for you to set yr conversion type, name etc.

    I just realise that there is another easy way. open DPP, select yr files, den from the file tap, click batch process or shortcut Ctrl+B. However i still prefer my earlier method as i will do some minoer adjustment to individual photos. not all photos will be processed in the same way. I'm not good with description and instruction. sorry abt that.
    no bro its gd! thanks for yr advice and all yr help!

  12. #12

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Thanks to all who gave me the advice! Really appreciate it alot! thanks!

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Tanjong Katong
    Posts
    3,710

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamy View Post
    As above, I heard someone did it before but I don't know how to.. Can someone please enlighten me?

    Thanks in advance!
    What system are you using? If Nikon, you can use PreviewExtractor from this website:
    http://drchung.new21.net/previewextractor/

    But this software not give you maximum quality of JPEG. If you need maximum quality, you can use Nikon Capture (and do batch process for convert all photos).

    Extra, this software also can tell you shutter count from exif data.

    Regards,
    Arto.

  14. #14
    Senior Member scandisk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Tampines, Singapore
    Posts
    4,617

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Irfanview.....but u'll need the plugins to view RAW files (downloadable from the website)

    www.irfanview.com

  15. #15

    Default Re: Can I mass convert RAW files to JPEG?

    Can Photoshop 7 do it too?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •