Thread: HP Pavilion PC Intermittently Unable to Bootup

Unhappy HP Pavilion PC Intermittently Unable to Bootup

Hi guys,

Need your opinion on what is wrong with my PC.

- Few weeks ago, my PC was unable to bootup. When power on, nothing was seen on the screen.
    - Hold the power button for a few sec to power down and power up again. Nothing was seen on the screen again.
    - Power down and power up again. This time saw window XP loading screen but the color of the screen was very fade and it never finish loading.
    - Power down and power up again. This time it manage to load properly.
    - Use the PC for a few weeks without any problem and it was unable to bootup again last Tue.
    - When turn on the PC, the harddisk LED light show some activity (about 2 sec) and then goes off again, after that no more activities were seen. All the while nothing was seen on the monitor starting from the moment I turn on the PC.
    - The PC is now with HP service centre. The engineer said he is able to bootup the PC without any problem, he has also run a test and no fault was found.

My question is, what is wrong with my PC, which hardware is going to give way?

By the way, quite sad with HP customer service.

Default Re: HP Pavilion PC Intermittently Unable to Bootup

Quote Originally Posted by tanhb View Post
    Hi guys,

Need your opinion on what is wrong with my PC.

- Few weeks ago, my PC was unable to bootup. When power on, nothing was seen on the screen.
    - Hold the power button for a few sec to power down and power up again. Nothing was seen on the screen again.
    - Power down and power up again. This time saw window XP loading screen but the color of the screen was very fade and it never finish loading.
    - Power down and power up again. This time it manage to load properly.
    - Use the PC for a few weeks without any problem and it was unable to bootup again last Tue.
    - When turn on the PC, the harddisk LED light show some activity (about 2 sec) and then goes off again, after that no more activities were seen. All the while nothing was seen on the monitor starting from the moment I turn on the PC.
    - The PC is now with HP service centre. The engineer said he is able to bootup the PC without any problem, he has also run a test and no fault was found.

My question is, what is wrong with my PC, which hardware is going to give way?

By the way, quite sad with HP customer service.
    guess is overheating prob...most likely ur cpu/gpu is overheating...

actually, i do experience something similar to your case. mine is DIY pc. for me, i just open the case, fiddel around(like secure connections, touch wires abit, rearrange the wires, etc). most of the time(all except once), it will be okay when i do that. my last inability to boot up took me a few days to repair, cos it was PSU failure(took me long fustrating hours to found out that problem).

however, i dun think i can answer your question, as till now, i still dun understand why my computer can self-fix itself by just fiddling its insides.

edit: but suddenly, come to think about it, ever since i changed my PSU, i haven't gotten a single bootup problem ever since.
    Last edited by satay16; 8th January 2007 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamerz View Post
    guess is overheating prob...most likely ur cpu/gpu is overheating...
    Actually my PC was not running for a few hours before I turn it on and it was unable to bootup, does it still consider overheating?

Quote Originally Posted by satay16 View Post
    actually, i do experience something similar to your case. mine is DIY pc. for me, i just open the case, fiddel around(like secure connections, touch wires abit, rearrange the wires, etc). most of the time(all except once), it will be okay when i do that. my last inability to boot up took me a few days to repair, cos it was PSU failure(took me long fustrating hours to found out that problem).

however, i dun think i can answer your question, as till now, i still dun understand why my computer can self-fix itself by just fiddling its insides.

edit: but suddenly, come to think about it, ever since i changed my PSU, i haven't gotten a single bootup problem ever since.
    Thanks for taking time to give your inputs.