Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A Friend with a problem

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    67

    Default A Friend with a problem

    I have a family friend who has recently bought a Nikon D80S package ( UK SPEC ) with the nikon 18-55 and a Tamron 55 -200 lenses . an sb600 flash and a sandisk ultra 3 1gb memory card.
    His says the problem is the camera doesnt display sub menus in cmos and hes trying to sort the colour settings ( if that makes any sense to anyone here ? ) does anyone know how this is achieved , apologies this is a bit vague but it came by txt message .

    thank you for any assistance , I would have liked to have helped him out , but I stuck to my film cameras

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Steviemac View Post
    I have a family friend who has recently bought a Nikon D80S package ( UK SPEC ) with the nikon 18-55 and a Tamron 55 -200 lenses . an sb600 flash and a sandisk ultra 3 1gb memory card.
    His says the problem is the camera doesnt display sub menus in cmos and hes trying to sort the colour settings ( if that makes any sense to anyone here ? ) does anyone know how this is achieved , apologies this is a bit vague but it came by txt message .

    thank you for any assistance , I would have liked to have helped him out , but I stuck to my film cameras
    look for one menu item call CMS/SetUp Menu and change it to detail setting. (not sure if this is the 1 you meant)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bukit Panjang
    Posts
    189

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    manuals??????

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ipoh, Malaysia
    Posts
    291

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    err is there really a Nikon D80s model? or is it Nikon D70s?

  5. #5
    Senior Member zac08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    East
    Posts
    11,755

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Cikgu101 View Post
    err is there really a Nikon D80s model? or is it Nikon D70s?
    With a 18-55?? The only 2 cams packaged with the 18-55 would be the D50 and D40...

  6. #6

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    oh no... Kenna chopped...

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by zac08 View Post
    With a 18-55?? The only 2 cams packaged with the 18-55 would be the D50 and D40...
    maybe UK kit is different

  8. #8
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    look for one menu item call CMS/SetUp Menu and change it to detail setting. (not sure if this is the 1 you meant)

    Thanks for this reply hes got it sorted now

    As I said this query came in a txt message and I dont know the exact spec of the camera , just what was in the txt message .
    The package was bought from here - http://www.jessops.com/ - Carlisle in Cumbria UK . and the lenses were chosen as part of a pick and mix package for a fixed price .

    As for the UK spec being different to yours , we generlly get all the crap first and all the good stuff months after you lot

  9. #9

    Default Re: A Friend with a problem

    you should look across the pond.... they get the best deals at the best prices.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •