Thread: Storage of lenses

Question Storage of lenses

Noobie qn .... just out of curiousity, is there a 'proper' way of storing lenses in the dry cabinet?

is it vertically filter facing down or up? or horizontally?

Deregistered

Default Re: Storage of lenses

the proper way is the way you like it to be...

Any way as long as it fits in ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

Depends how much space you have for your dry cabi. Previously, I have 4 lens, flash and body but a 30L cabi only. I have to remove all the separators and make them stand upright (filter facing up). Now, I have a 80L cabi and form provided, I can lay them horizontally Just like the rest mentioned... it's all up to you

I squeeze 2 bodies + 4 lenses + 2 flashes + 1 pns + my tianya filters and its accessories + lens filters ND and so on + film + some negatives in a 30L dry cabi .

Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    I squeeze 2 bodies + 4 lenses + 2 flashes + 1 pns + my tianya filters and its accessories + lens filters ND and so on + film + some negatives in a 30L dry cabi .
    holly smoke, how did you manage to do that? i can hardly even squeeze my 2 bodies, 8 lenses and Tianya filters into my 60L Dri cabinet. Not to mention another set of film body and 2 lenses imn another dry box. all my other non delicate accessories like flashes are in a display cabinet.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    holly smoke, how did you manage to do that? i can hardly even squeeze my 2 bodies, 8 lenses and Tianya filters into my 60L Dri cabinet. Not to mention another set of film body and 2 lenses imn another dry box. all my other non delicate accessories like flashes are in a display cabinet.
    err...i got 3 lens....1body...one tool pouch with quite expensive tools for factory used...mp3 player...a bit of unknow things inside a 30L....

Split into 3 lvls lor ...

Top lvl - 2 body + 1 lens (stuck on the body) + PnS
    Mid lvl - tianya ring, holder etc + tianya filter box + 50mm reverse ring + SB 600 + 3 stacks of filters + flash leg
    Btm lvl - 3 lens + 2 2x tc + film + SB 800

see it fits ...

I packed the following into my unknownly small dry box....
    - D70s body
    - 3 lens
    - 3 flashs plus 1 slave (equals four)

Mid lvl - tianya ring, holder etc + tianya filter box + 50mm reverse ring + SB 600 + 3 stacks of filters + flash leg

see it fits ...
    Wow poor lens and bodies must be suffocating inside.. fighting for air

see it fits ...
    I cant, cos my top level taken up by 2 big lenses standing, 300mmf2.8 and 100-400, my 1dmk2 body and my tamron 90mm lens. That level is already 2/3 of the cabinet. Mid level, my 350D body and other short lens. Bottom level which is onlyabout 2 inch high, is left for filters and other small accessories. Look like its time for a new cabinet...120L maybe. Still need room for my future 500mm f4 IS . (ETA early 2008).

I cant, cos my top level taken up by 2 big lenses standing, 300mmf2.8 and 100-400, my 1dmk2 body and my tamron 90mm lens. That level is already 2/3 of the cabinet. Mid level, my 350D body and other short lens. Bottom level which is onlyabout 2 inch high, is left for filters and other small accessories. Look like its time for a new cabinet...120L maybe. Still need room for my future 500mm f4 IS . (ETA early 2008).
    WOOHOO!!!