Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sentosa Flowers 2007

Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2007

free one mah. must take more ?

Quote Originally Posted by knotlover View Post
    Some of the flowers were wilting away when I went this evening. Saw some Vanda Miss Joaquim that were hidden in an obscure corner and in pathetic numbers. Saw like 6 of them only?

From my wandering today, it seems that is the main entrance with gateway is at the Imbiah Station Bus stop.

Dont be fooled by the bus driver like I was. Bus driver told pple to get off at the Merlion and cross 2 roads.
    Also dont be tricked by the signs that say, "Sentosa Flowers 2007 at Imbiah Lookout" but with instructions to "Alight at Beach Station". Anyhow give directions...

I think tmr would have lesser pple bah... Madness today, had to fight with kiasu locals and equally kiasu tourists! Tourist blatantly cutting queue and locals pushing... Not a good combination. But by tmr, think alot of flowers wilted away already. Quite a few flowers were
    Luckily today I didn't go.

Thinking of going tomorrow ...............but after reading all the posts here ........still thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    we try our best to touch up some of the spots, but can't be 100%. caught people stealing flowers, so what do u expect. why can't singaporeans just go and buy and not steal?
    That's pathetic. Flowers also want to steal!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

must shoot these ppl in action then >>> STOMP

Organised by the which club?
    Got a official photographer so rude,families taking photos then suddenly run in and *snap* then faster give the pcs of paper then run another location.
    I think the families will be more in shock rather than smiles.
    Can see their disappointment when it happen.

The flowers were really disappointing. Nothing special.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

Stealing flowers? They must have forgotten the CNY spirits, go temple pray for good luck and supposed to do good........then go steal flowers..wah lao........ Karma hah!!!

anyone visited the flower show these days? I am still considering whether go drop by on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nantasy View Post
    anyone visited the flower show these days? I am still considering whether go drop by on the weekend.
    I visited on the very first day. This coming sunday's the last day...dunno if the flowers will still look as nice as the first day though.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Went yest. Can say the flowers still look ok. There are some dead flowers. Pick and choose some close up.

It can be very congested along the artificial waterfall area on weekends. Even I went yest is not that easy to walk already. So dont expect too much for freeway.

Quote Originally Posted by piggynken View Post
    Went yest. Can say the flowers still look ok. There are some dead flowers. Pick and choose some close up.

It can be very congested along the artificial waterfall area on weekends. Even I went yest is not that easy to walk already. So dont expect too much for freeway.
    Agree, the location and terrain is also not that suitable for walking as it can be very tiring after a while.

Too windy, have to wait till wind is gone. Many flowers are not fresh [some have spots on the flowers]. 昨日黄花。Tried to captured some, shared here:

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=260515
    Capture something different

this year definately a disappointment compared to last year. walking paths are narrow and too many stairs to climb. Flowers also lesser then last year.

Just some random pictures from Sentosa Flowers 2007...

Quote Originally Posted by tamago View Post
    Just some random pictures from Sentosa Flowers 2007...

Lovely shots! It's high time I get some macro lens.
    I'm here to learn.:flame:

anybody knows the results/ winning entries of the flower show photo competition?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234