Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sentosa Flowers 2007

Default Re: Sentosa Flowers 2007

Quote Originally Posted by GetMeEazy View Post
    been there today!! but went early morning ..at 9am i was there..!! not much crowded, very good bright sunlite(sidelite??). but when I left around 11 am, Mannnnnn.... the whole place was crowded...have to get excuse, and excused to move around..then where to take pics!??

and to my surprise, when I reached HF mrt, by sentosa bus, I saw a long que, from the bus stop opposite to vivo city, round about the HF Mrt, queing up alll the way the pavement to HF central...

and when I when I took the MRT to home, it rained!

most flowers are dried out on the second day... last year i was there on the fourth day..could still see fresh flowers.....but this year.. second day, dried out??

Cheerz to tmrw's visitors!! be there at 9 am!!

Thanks
    Get
    I agree abt the queue, both were the same for the bus and sentosa express train. So in the end, i took a cab.

That's y i went on the first day yesterday while the flowers are still fresh.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Yes, it's better to go on the first 2 days because the flowers would wilt progressively with time. And also morning is better than afternoon.

But then, most people can't make it on the first 2 days because they have to do CNY visits.

Thanks for the info in this thread. I guess it may be better for me to drop by on Wednesday instead when most people are back to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockunder View Post
    Yes, it's better to go on the first 2 days because the flowers would wilt progressively with time. And also morning is better than afternoon.

But then, most people can't make it on the first 2 days because they have to do CNY visits.

Thanks for the info in this thread. I guess it may be better for me to drop by on Wednesday instead when most people are back to work.
    Fortunately i was free on 1st day of CNY so took the opportunity to go down and shoot, but only managed to cover half of the entire area.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by LOTUSfairy View Post
    I noe this sounds bad but, yesterday, I felt that I was in - China and India again.....?
    for a moment... i was trying to figure out what u mean. haha... !

actually.. they are quite lonely pple. Let them be lah.. we are bless to be with families here. Thank Heaven lah..
    Last edited by raincool2005; 20th February 2007 at 12:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    for a moment... i was trying to figure out what u mean. haha... !

actually.. they are quite lonely pple. Let them be lah.. we are bless to be with families here. Thank Heaven lah..
    True!! they wrk all days and hardly get opportunity or time to see such things!! let them be happy man... once in a while, amidst the cements n cranez!

There is plenty of flowers to take if your expectation not so high....
    And is not so bad as expected..
    1Dmk3,EF{16-35/24-70/70-200/300IS}F2.8L|100-400IS|TSE24F3.5L|MPE65|180F3.5L|50F1.4|35F1.4L|100 F2.8}

Some of the flowers were wilting away when I went this evening. Saw some Vanda Miss Joaquim that were hidden in an obscure corner and in pathetic numbers. Saw like 6 of them only?

From my wandering today, it seems that is the main entrance with gateway is at the Imbiah Station Bus stop.

Dont be fooled by the bus driver like I was. Bus driver told pple to get off at the Merlion and cross 2 roads.
    Also dont be tricked by the signs that say, "Sentosa Flowers 2007 at Imbiah Lookout" but with instructions to "Alight at Beach Station". Anyhow give directions...

I think tmr would have lesser pple bah... Madness today, had to fight with kiasu locals and equally kiasu tourists! Tourist blatantly cutting queue and locals pushing... Not a good combination. But by tmr, think alot of flowers wilted away already. Quite a few flowers were

Quote Originally Posted by knotlover View Post
    Some of the flowers were wilting away when I went this evening. Saw some Vanda Miss Joaquim that were hidden in an obscure corner and in pathetic numbers. Saw like 6 of them only?

From my wandering today, it seems that is the main entrance with gateway is at the Imbiah Station Bus stop.

Dont be fooled by the bus driver like I was. Bus driver told pple to get off at the Merlion and cross 2 roads.
    Also dont be tricked by the signs that say, "Sentosa Flowers 2007 at Imbiah Lookout" but with instructions to "Alight at Beach Station". Anyhow give directions...

I think tmr would have lesser pple bah... Madness today, had to fight with kiasu locals and equally kiasu tourists! Tourist blatantly cutting queue and locals pushing... Not a good combination. But by tmr, think alot of flowers wilted away already. Quite a few flowers were

Hi, the bus driver ask u to alight at the beach station or merlion there is a good way to enter sentosa flowers..once u cross the road, u will be near imbiah station, from there u can start you sentosa flowers journey or from the beach station which u have to go up a ziz zaz pathway..the direction they give is not to fool you, but also to lessen traffic at imbiah as the bus stop there is small..

Quote Originally Posted by sgwave View Post
    was there today. Very disappointing...

Variety of flowers is definitely less than last year. Flowers are generally smaller. A lot of people in the afternoon and the ups and downs of the place makes it very squeezy. If someone is taking photos, a whole bunch of people will have to stop and wait.

Now I know why there is no entrance fee this year.... If you are going there, don't expect too much. My personal opinion...not really worth the time and $$ to get there.
    here

there are actually more variety for this year sentosa flowers, but due to the large area of approximately 50,000 sqm it seems small..can u state at which area was it squeezy and any other feedbacks from u or anyone..let me know ya..thanks

no one knows what are the photography competition prizes?

Quote Originally Posted by kiama View Post
    no one knows what are the photography competition prizes?
    oh..the prizes for the photography contest are as followed

**Overall Contest
    1st Prize: Epson Stylus Photo RX590 Printer
    Nikon D40 Kit
    Winning photo printed in A1 size

2nd Prize: Epson Stylus Photo R270
    Nikon Coolpix P4
    Winning photo printed A1 size

3rd Prize: Epson Picturemate 210
    Winning photo printed A1 size

**Daily Winner: Epson Digital Scrap Book Kit

Passed by it today, horrible at shooting flowers in short so I didn't really look, but I don't think there would be any really fresh photographic chances.

The whole stretch is pretty long, I was at the Beach station side, missed out the other part, so I guess I won't be able to find out what sunflowers look like in infrared.. =D

A lot of people though, saw quite a number of DSLRs, heh. Ended up taking IR photos of Beach Station, hee hee.

Imagine what the flowers will look like on the last day this coming sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle View Post
    Imagine what the flowers will look like on the last day this coming sunday.

we try our best to touch up some of the spots, but can't be 100%. caught people stealing flowers, so what do u expect. why can't singaporeans just go and buy and not steal?

Quote Originally Posted by slee88 View Post
    we try our best to touch up some of the spots, but can't be 100%. caught people stealing flowers, so what do u expect. why can't singaporeans just go and buy and not steal?
    Steal flowers?!

That's scary.

agree... *%^*&%^* inconsiderate people. I saw someone blatantly wrenching a stem of red rose then chuck it into her bag.

Anyway, I also dun understand, once the rose chuck in the bag...already crushed liao, why bothered to pluck it in the first place
    Gallery | Facebook Page Spreading the Good photography.

yeah..people steal flowers, as i was talking to my friend they thought i wasn't looking at them so they quickly pull the plant with the roots from the ground..then i pointed at them while telling my friend that people are stealing flowers..after that i just walk away..

yeah..people steal flowers, as i was talking to my friend they thought i wasn't looking at them so they quickly pull the plant with the roots from the ground..then i pointed at them while telling my friend that people are stealing flowers..after that i just walk away..
    0.o How inconceivably inconsiderate.

The ugly Singaporean syndrome strikes once again. =/

Quote Originally Posted by night86mare View Post
    0.o How inconceivably inconsiderate.

The ugly Singaporean syndrome strikes once again. =/

can't blame, i just have to say this, singaporeans are kiasu. while i was giving out the fan cum map, aunties were asking me to give more, wondering what are they gonna use that much for? Sometimes in a crowd i see many hand reaching out trying to get one..but i understand, the weather was humid.

can't blame, i just have to say this, singaporeans are kiasu. while i was giving out the fan cum map, aunties were asking me to give more, wondering what are they gonna use that much for? Sometimes in a crowd i see many hand reaching out trying to get one..but i understand, the weather was humid.
    Sell on yahoo auctions.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast