Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Recommendation for PC Speakers?

Default Re: Recommendation for PC Speakers?

I've been using the ATP3 for almost 4 years now, still doing it's job well. I thought it was the most value for money speakers in the market when I bought it. Surprised that it's still so well known now acually.
    If you understand my works, it's photography. If you don't, it's art.
    SplutterPhotography|flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Splutter View Post
    I've been using the ATP3 for almost 4 years now, still doing it's job well. I thought it was the most value for money speakers in the market when I bought it. Surprised that it's still so well known now acually.
    it is .. i didn't believe it was that good till i heard it ...

For a 2.1 under $80 ... its really value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Kahuna View Post
    very good, from my experience of owning so many speakers since JC days

I'm still using my good 'ol ACS48 . Bass is a little too loose for my taste now but still good enough for me even after 6 years. Anybody knows the rough price and where to get the Klipsh GMX?
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

for my earlier comp, I used Yamaha speakers. ha ha. That was many years ago, still running Win 95

Looks like atp3 is a good buy huh...how bout the mx5021 and cs21? Are there really significant improvements compared to the atp3?

Might consider upping my budget if they're worth it...

At the same time, are there also ways to add FM radio support to the PC? One way i can think of is to purchase a FM tuner and plug into the audio input.

Any other ways? Are there things like fm receivers for PC or something...? If so, how much do they usually cost?

Thanks for the comments!

Go for harman/kardon's Soundstick II if you are one who prefer "warm" soundstage. I really dig its sound; have it less than a week, it is just as good as my IEM (Sf5pro).

If you are basshead, and do not care for a narrower soundstage, and probably a lack of tremble, but gaining a tonne of bass hits, get the JBL Creature II.

One of the reasons for me to get the harman/kardon was it's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester View Post
    Go for harman/kardon's Soundstick II if you are one who prefer "warm" soundstage. I really dig its sound; have it less than a week, it is just as good as my IEM (Sf5pro).

If you are basshead, and do not care for a narrower soundstage, and probably a lack of tremble, but gaining a tonne of bass hits, get the JBL Creature II.

One of the reasons for me to get the harman/kardon was it's design.
    How much are those anyway? Always seen them paired up with Macs. Hehe...looks kinda expensive tho.

Actually think i prefer more conservative designs. I'm not for too much bass i guess, since i listen to mainly pop, some new age, might go into more instrumental stuff.

Would go for more clarity as compared to more power/bass.

Not sure if my comments make sense...keke.. i'm just a noob in audio stuff. Casual listening.

Btw narrower soundstage means less range of frequency?

Quote Originally Posted by phantasia View Post
    Would go for more clarity as compared to more power/bass.

Not sure if my comments make sense...keke.. i'm just a noob in audio stuff. Casual listening.

Btw narrower soundstage means less range of frequency?
    NO its normally means your instruments seems clustered together and lack direction. Good soundstage means you can close your eyes and visualise where each sound or instrument is.
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

I've got the Nakamichi 2.1 for many years now. The treble and bass all very . I think cannot find in market now.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Hehe just bought an atp3. Not bad. Sounds just abit better than my previous AL 221. The highs are just little clearer, but the bass has improved quite abit as its not as loud as the previous set-up, which cannot be controlled.

Actually i tested out quite a few speakers at alpha-wave at sls, the boss and the salesperson are both friendly! And they haf quite a good range of speakers set-up for testing.

Amongst the speakers i tested, atp3 seems to win on clarity...even amongst those costing 100+. Also tested the jbl creature...doesn't really sound that good/clear to me actually.

The mx5021 was nice, but somehow just couldn't justify 3x the cost of the atp3 for it. Anyway thanks for the recommendation and comments from all!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12