Thread: Bokeh Effect

Default Bokeh Effect

Hi,

Like the soft focus effect caused by the Gaussian Blur, can the Bokeh effect be replicated on Adobe CS2 when the camera has limitations on making the depth of field shallow? Thanks

Zhiliang

Default Re: Bokeh Effect

This thread at Wikipedia tells you that bokeh is distinctly different from Gaussian blur. However, you may use Gaussion blur to give the effect of depth of field like suggested by Corel Photopaint.

try using lens blur

this is a sample pic tat i did for a fren...yup..using lens blur in PS CS...face blurr on purpose

Quote Originally Posted by matrixneo View Post
    this is a sample pic tat i did for a fren...yup..using lens blur in PS CS...face blurr on purpose

you missed out some parts like the part below left arm

whaaa... 85mm at full 1.2

Quote Originally Posted by direwuff View Post
    you missed out some parts like the part below left arm
    yr eyes are sharp...haha....yah lar...like i said...juz a sample...done intentionally....so can see a difference mah...b4 and after...

Thank you so much, Is there a website that has the guideline on the steps to create this effect in my photos?

Maybe can let us see the original background (before PS) for us to compare? I'm using Photoshop 7... I don't think it has the "lens blur filter"... I usually use gaussian blur, but can't achieve the realistic bokeh effect...
    Last edited by Youhong; 8th January 2007 at 01:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DT_ View Post
    whaaa... 85mm at full 1.2

think for a real effect must really select items nearer and lens blur to a lesser extent and select items further to lens blur a greater extent

yr eyes are sharp...haha....yah lar...like i said...juz a sample...done intentionally....so can see a difference mah...b4 and after...
    hmm.. it's quite time consuming to select out the parts tt you want to blur right.. btw u can use alpha channel to make a depth map to draw out the parts tt you want blurred using lens blur filter. it will be easier this way if u had a stylus and pad.

this is a sample of without PS

Quote Originally Posted by direwuff View Post
    hmm.. it's quite time consuming to select out the parts tt you want to blur right.. btw u can use alpha channel to make a depth map to draw out the parts tt you want blurred using lens blur filter. it will be easier this way if u had a stylus and pad.
    yah man....selection and got to blow up to select the exact spot...but better use feather 3 unless u got jun jun fingers and eyesight to select the correct spot.