Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers"

Default "the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers"

What do we make out with statement like this ("the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers") appearing more and more frequent in posts @CS Forums? Are all these bluffs or r u telling me that these ppl are serious about it?
    And from my observation, these ppl are more often than not, professional and/or rich members. Is there really a need to give out such threats, in the first place?
    And the irony of this is that the threat usually came after statement like "you are not worth it."
    .... so logically speaking if that guy is not worth a dime, then why is there a need to get a lawyer to engage him?
    always the Light, .... always.

Default Re: "the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers"

nothing new, since few years ago already somebody offer reward for contacts.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    nothing new, since few years ago already somebody offer reward for contacts.
    yeah i remember S$1K

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Canonised View Post
    What do we make out with statement like this ("the next thing you will hear from me will come from my lawyers") appearing more and more frequent in posts @CS Forums? Are all these bluffs or r u telling me that these ppl are serious about it?
    And from my observation, these ppl are more often than not, professional and/or rich members. Is there really a need to give out such threats, in the first place?
    And the irony of this is that the threat usually came after statement like "you are not worth it."
    .... so logically speaking if that guy is not worth a dime, then why is there a need to get a lawyer to engage him?
    ask them to go ahead and sue lor
    there are always counter measures

sounds like the tyranny of money

learn to insult without insulting, scold without scolding, slap without using your hand. such is the online survival tactic that will see you through CS safely

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by eikin View Post
    sounds like the tyranny of money

learn to insult without insulting, scold without scolding, slap without using your hand. such is the online survival tactic that will see you through CS safely
    ah the deafining sound of silence

Hi Canonised,

agree with ortega, if they do have a case, they would already have contacted their lawyers instead of resorting to pointless threats. Sticks and stones......

That statement is used commonly to intimidate people who don't know better. Having a lawyer on retainer is one thing, but justice is blind and is all about submiting proof. If they don't have a case, there is nothing they can do even if they have 100 lawyers.

So my response to that is: If they have a case, make it. If not, please bugger off

Of course, it is always up individuals to carry out their transactions with integrity to avoid conflicts in the first place.

My 2 cents.

Bernard

Lawyer's fees is about $500 per hour. a case can drags for looooong time. can you afford their fees? is it worth to spent the money for small issues? Siao.

Just my 2 cent... dont sue me, I cant afford to engage a lawyer to defend me.

I regretted not studying LAW, photography makes me poorer...sigh

Quote Originally Posted by E500 View Post
    everybody thinks the grass is always greener on the other side
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by dr34mc4st3r View Post
    everybody thinks the grass is always greener on the other side
    Probably they used good circular polariser I guess. OOps sorry for the OT

then the "other side" means what...B+W? ok getting OT also
    a700 | dynax7
    sigma12-24/minolta28-135/sony70-300g/sig400/lensbaby2.0

Quote Originally Posted by ortega View Post
    ask them to go ahead and sue lor
    there are always counter measures
    A counter measure is to send in a Ninja?

wedding photographers no bad wat... if u are the ok type, one day alone can get $2-3k or even more... somemore only shoot, dun need think so much like lawyers.

somemore its wedding, everyone good mood. If lawyers, u gota see ppl black face and quarrel everyday... shiok meh??

photographer is good! [aiya, to any1, grass anywhere is greener]
    09 Oct 09 officially marks the date I become a canon convert.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    Lawyer's fees is about $500 per hour. a case can drags for looooong time. can you afford their fees? is it worth to spent the money for small issues? Siao.

You may be sue for repeating the same post 3 times in a row.

Think people are taking example from their leaders....

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat View Post
    You may be sue for repeating the same post 3 times in a row.
    Worse the lawyer will send him three bills.

Quote Originally Posted by gooseberry View Post
    Think people are taking example from their leaders....
    this is a good one .......

but it becomes a comedy when you get such response ......

"I very scare ahhhhh.... SUE ME PLEASE!!!!!!

You want my full particulars? I can fax one to you......"
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post

Quote Originally Posted by kcuf2 View Post
    wedding photographers no bad wat... if u are the ok type, one day alone can get $2-3k or even more... somemore only shoot, dun need think so much like lawyers.

somemore its wedding, everyone good mood. If lawyers, u gota see ppl black face and quarrel everyday... shiok meh??

photographer is good! [aiya, to any1, grass anywhere is greener]
    Bro, I think you've missed out something...DeSwitch mentioned $500 per hour and good wedding photographer only $2-3K one day ...some more must climb up and down leh...I believe lawyers don't have to do that and sitting comfortably in the air-con room...

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast