Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tekong is so Pretty!

Default Re: Tekong is so Pretty!

all these army ghost stories..so far nothing yet..even when i was outfield taking a piss alone....only thing that goes bump in the night is the bloody Sandy the wild boar that raped our duffel bags and ate all our combat rations.... if you sergeant ever tells you to zip up your food, tell him to shut up because it's a waste of time....ours wasn't even open to begin with and it still got looted by the boar...chewed through my groundsheet

Quote Originally Posted by agentmonkey View Post
    all these army ghost stories..so far nothing yet..even when i was outfield taking a piss alone....only thing that goes bump in the night is the bloody Sandy the wild boar that raped our duffel bags and ate all our combat rations.... if you sergeant ever tells you to zip up your food, tell him to shut up because it's a waste of time....ours wasn't even open to begin with and it still got looted by the boar...chewed through my groundsheet
    actually, tekong is indeed a very strange place.. i remember there is one area inside the dense forest.. your compass will kept spinning.

supernaturally, the place is full of stories.. but one observation from the dogs.. they will bark towards the SOC field as if they saw some strangers moving there at night..

yeah i heard about the compass spinning thing from my recce spec friend when he was still training....according to him it was near one of the old kampong villages...his compass as well as the rest of his detail's kept spinning wildly.... so far the only strange thing i've seen is in mandai forest when doing our gypsy... came across this really warped tree that had a visage of a scowling old man..and that was right before my friend got stuck in quagmire

yeah i heard about the compass spinning thing from my recce spec friend when he was still training....according to him it was near one of the old kampong villages...his compass as well as the rest of his detail's kept spinning wildly.... so far the only strange thing i've seen is in mandai forest when doing our gypsy... came across this really warped tree that had a visage of a scowling old man..and that was right before my friend got stuck in quagmire
    there was also an old bunker with iron bars around it.. and there is also one area closed up to all troops..some rumoured to be supernaturally unsafe or the soil has bacteria harmful to human.

My Sect Com said that can bring camera for field camp! I don't know how good an idea that is though heh, might come back with half a lens or something. This is the time to really test the weather sealing on gear kekeke.

I think I'll probably be too shacked to shoot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post
    My Sect Com said that can bring camera for field camp! I don't know how good an idea that is though heh, might come back with half a lens or something. This is the time to really test the weather sealing on gear kekeke.

Your sect comd must be very ignorant. Camera is strictly prohibited in army establishments including training areas.

let me tell u my best shot up till today, is shot in my NS days. I was in Australia for training and I shot within my M113 upwards to the sky with some branches around...can't remember the details also. But I did remember I shoot that pic with so much feelings and I only have my P&S with me that day. And that was only 1 shot, no metering, no bracketing no f2.8 and with a drugstore aussie brand negative cartridge film somemore.

Even after shooting for decades in equipment worth thousands of $$$, my wife still say that is the best shot I have taken and it remains in her procession until today. (Else I would haw lian a bit to scan it and post here.)

I guess its how you feel at that moment as well as allowing the environment to get into u to make the feel turns out to be creative 2D art. A lot of my best works are done with a lot of feelings...even though technically they may not be perfect (humble a bit)...but as long as your clients and the one who owns the photos are happy, I'm happy too.

Pals, if u really have time in BMT to appreciate your surroundings, its either u are the commando calibre or SAF is really getting more humane nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoned View Post

I took photos during field camp at Tekong 11 years back, all of us will pose our most macho rambo-like poses with our rifles, haha, those were the days.

But I did not stay hi-rise, stayed at the lousy old "haunted" bungalows, so no views.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese View Post

Pals, if u really have time in BMT to appreciate your surroundings, its either u are the commando calibre or SAF is really getting more humane nowadays.
    SAF is very "humane" nowadays. Our youngsters are wimps and complain kings. Army to them is like holiday camp. If you discipline them, they immediately complain of ill treatment.... sigh really wonder how to trust our lives to the younger ones.

In case those who think I am bullshitting, well my fellow spec got charged for swearing at a recruit. Seems that recruit made complain to MP, said that spec used vulgar language on him. Make him mentally disturbed and cannot function well after hearing the vulgarities.... Result? Spec got charged, 21 days RP.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    sigh really wonder how to trust our lives to the younger ones.
    no lah...we will still protect them first...those ORD but haven't ROD will go to battlefield first...those ORD later will join later, the old man die first...then nowadays those ROD i.e old until cannot run anymore ones will continue serving civil defence or pick the bones or tend to your younger bros, sons etc in times of war.

Quote Originally Posted by redstorm View Post
    Your sect comd must be very ignorant. Camera is strictly prohibited in army establishments including training areas.
    Cameras are allowed in field camps during BMTC. Approval has to be given by School COs. Most of the time, it's given on a coy/section basis. Usually one per section/platoon, and held by the sect comd till the last day of field camp. They normally prefer disposable cams or small, not-too-expensive digital cameras.
    We live in an age when unnecessary things are our only necessities. - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by LazerLordz View Post
    Cameras are allowed in field camps during BMTC. Approval has to be given by School COs. Most of the time, it's given on a coy/section basis. Usually one per section/platoon, and held by the sect comd till the last day of field camp. They normally prefer disposable cams or small, not-too-expensive digital cameras.
    i am sure no one wants to carry a big cam... the full pack plus helmet and rifle are already troublesome ! many just dozz off within seconds once rested inside the tentage.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Fumiryu View Post
    I don't think you would want to go there again, as a recruit, or anything to do with SAF.
    You mean, you don't want to even meet up your fellow NSmen during your SAF100?

they don't even bother to check your bags properly at the changi ferry terminal...
    Changi Ferry Terminal? Going to Ubin or Batam?

It's SAFFT la.

at least now they got nice air-con ferry and sheltered jetty ! do u know in the past, we used to take RPL vessel from commando jetty.. if u remember a recent movie " War of the Worlds " by Tom Cruise, that was the kind of RPL we used to take.. it is used to carry vehicles.. so all the soldiers will just either stand or sit on the hard metal floor..and after reaching the tekong.. we have to walk about 1-2km inside to our camps.

come to think of it... i realised they made a big mistake.. the soldiers were not issued life jackets.. should an accident happen during the sea passage.. it will be real ugly and sad !

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post

think u should found one of these during tekong field camp.
    the wild boar is male...

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    come to think of it... i realised they made a big mistake.. the soldiers were not issued life jackets.. should an accident happen during the sea passage.. it will be real ugly and sad !
    That's y they teach u to swim mah!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123