Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something about ISO I dont understand?

Default Re: Something about ISO I dont understand?

Quote Originally Posted by vernonleow View Post
    Am afraid this is not very accurate because using 1600 vs 100 will not give you a "brighter" picture.

For example, if shooting at 1/250 using ISO 200 is the correct exposure, you will find that you have to shoot at 1/125 using ISO 100. There is a physical relation but you will get the correct exposure, not brighter.
    em. i dun quite understand what you meant by the above.

as jiaqing mentioned, at the same aperture size and shutter duration, and i'm adding on, at the same lighting condition and the same field of view/focal length, using ISO 1600 will give a brighter picture than ISO 100. hence to reiterate "using the same aperture and shutter settings", would the change of ISO not changed the intensity of exposure aka brightness?

Quote Originally Posted by calebk View Post
    I believe you can't 'resume' a roll of film. You have to

1. finish shooting it.
    2. rewind at the point where you want to stop, and not reuse it anymore.

I may be wrong(?)
    For cameras with automatic loading it's very easy. Note down the frame number before rewinding the film, after you rewind the film, write the frame number on the can with a marker pen. The next time you want to continue, use a film picker to pick the leader out, load the film as usual, set to manual exposure, with the smallest aperture and fastest shutter speed and lens/body cap ON, fire until the frame number and fire one or two more shots. Then you can resumee shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Quest View Post
    IFor PnS with auto rewind, u will "hear" a soft click when the film leader dislodge from the receiving sprocket and u must then instantously open the backcover or battery cover to stop the rewinding. If u missed it, the film leader will be totally wound into the canister and there's no way to take it out to continue the re-use of the unused portion again.
    There is a way to get the film leader out, just buy a film picker, it should cost you less than $10 and is very useful.

ISO is for light sensitivity , the higher the ISO, the faster the exposure. For example at f8, iso 100 need speed 1/60 to have correct exposure, iso 1600 , f8 ,u only need 1/250 to have correct exposure.

I think the reason high ISO film is more expensive because they have to use more chemical on the film,the chemical is more light sensetive.

Member/Tangshooter

Quote Originally Posted by zoossh View Post
    em. i dun quite understand what you meant by the above.

as jiaqing mentioned, at the same aperture size and shutter duration, and i'm adding on, at the same lighting condition and the same field of view/focal length, using ISO 1600 will give a brighter picture than ISO 100. hence to reiterate "using the same aperture and shutter settings", would the change of ISO not changed the intensity of exposure aka brightness?
    you are right! but then its not only bright..its seriously overexposed by 4 stops..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12