Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 105

Thread: lighting ratios (outdoors)

  1. #81

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    explain flash FP to me.till now, i still dont really know what the hell it does other than to let me sync my shutter speed with the flash.

    yu have my email.
    This one damn difficult to explain in words...

    BC

  2. #82

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaglietti View Post
    This one damn difficult to explain in words...

    BC
    ortega pointed me to KRW explanation b4.but because i iq low, i liat bo giu.

  3. #83

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    ortega pointed me to KRW explanation b4.but because i iq low, i liat bo giu.
    That's why I will not even attempt to explain in words... (not that your IQ low, but it is really difficult to put it in words.)

    Easiest is to draw and hand action...

    BC

  4. #84

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    aiya, just take reading of backgrd then set cam 3 stop under. as for the flash set to manual then up or down it's power or put it nearer or further away to get the result you want.

    unless you want to arrive at the location, position the subject take one and only one shot and pack up.

  5. #85

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    sigh...after 5 pages of explantion..Jeanie are getting more blur with the facts and jargon. photograpghy is about learning from mistake.
    Learning during ur shooting , Learning thru friends and thru 5 pages of explanation.. hehe

  6. #86

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luval View Post
    sigh...after 5 pages of explantion..Jeanie are getting more blur with the facts and jargon. photograpghy is about learning from mistake.
    Learning during ur shooting , Learning thru friends and thru 5 pages of explanation.. hehe
    blur because each and every method is different.like i said, i'll print this thread out and bring with me for next shoot and i try everything....

    sigh..cannot put make up liao.sure melt.

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    blur because each and every method is different.like i said, i'll print this thread out and bring with me for next shoot and i try everything....

    sigh..cannot put make up liao.sure melt.
    Go out and shoot more, practice more, and make more (intelligent) mistakes. Through mistakes (and/or sucesses), then you will SEE the picture.

  8. #88

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    thing is, i only shoot when i have the mood, which is very seldom.

    are you guys like that too or every weekend nothing to do sure lug the cam go shoot?

  9. #89
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Town of Queens doing PORT-9YOU
    Posts
    12,716

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thing is, i only shoot when i have the mood, which is very seldom.

    are you guys like that too or every weekend nothing to do sure lug the cam go shoot?
    While learning, just shoot shoot shoot.

  10. #90

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    thing is, i only shoot when i have the mood, which is very seldom.

    are you guys like that too or every weekend nothing to do sure lug the cam go shoot?
    I shoot when I like the natural lighting and when my 'models' are cooperative
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  11. #91

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by raptor84 View Post
    I shoot when I like the natural lighting and when my 'models' are cooperative
    you animal photographer?or child photographer?

  12. #92

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    You say leh? Although the skill set needed to capture their character is pretty similar, children are less pleasant to work with IMHO .
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

  13. #93

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    btw if bckgrd is 3 stops under than the subject then you will have black background regardless of the brightness of the bckgrd.

  14. #94

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    btw if bckgrd is 3 stops under than the subject then you will have black background regardless of the brightness of the bckgrd.
    no lei.according to the book, the results are stunning.

  15. #95

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    no lei.according to the book, the results are stunning.
    hmmmm, r u sure that subject is 3 stops above the bckgrd from the book example.

  16. #96

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    hmmmm, r u sure that subject is 3 stops above the bckgrd from the book example.
    quite sure lei.

    i think it depends on background light.
    in the given example, it was shot on a yatch with a bright background.even underex by 3 stops, i think will still appear lit.

  17. #97

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    quite sure lei.

    i think it depends on background light.
    in the given example, it was shot on a yatch with a bright background.even underex by 3 stops, i think will still appear lit.
    are they using digital cam or slide

  18. #98

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    are they using digital cam or slide
    either they didnt mention or i cant remember.
    darn...i cant scan it and post it here rite?it's copyright i guess.

  19. #99

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by jeanie View Post
    either they didnt mention or i cant remember.
    darn...i cant scan it and post it here rite?it's copyright i guess.
    as long as you give credit just one pic out of the whole book is fine. btw did you try all the recommeded settings.

  20. #100

    Default Re: lighting ratios (outdoors)

    Quote Originally Posted by dDarkroom View Post
    as long as you give credit just one pic out of the whole book is fine. btw did you try all the recommeded settings.
    no, not yet.dont have mood to shoot recently.
    dunno why.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •