Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: NTU Surf & Sweat 2003, 23rd Feb 2003

now now....... who is the one who called me this morning??
    Haha.. yes it's me. Sorry, wasn't thinking correctly when after playing mahjong till 5am the night b4.

Think I got mixed up with ur nick n dagger's on my hp for that moment. Was like how come a guy was answering?!? hahaha

Sorry for the mix up man.

Talking

Originally posted by Zplus
    Actually, they did say will credit the photogs lah... somemore provide food and drink... so must be considerate rite???

I mean its fine for me to exhaust my batts and burn my feet in the sand and all that...

Thus, respect the organizers and chances are you will be invited for more events...
    MORE .... MORE ..... MORE ...... hehehehe .....

well ..... actually today me went there more for the experience of covering an event ........ my 1zt time doing so .....

Originally posted by sehsuan

answer: not JUST you.

one more super long camera is the main reason, plus all the SEEDs, oh my goodness... i'm falling in love with it now...
    oh...i think it is my fault too? first was Togu and now is you...

told u already rite....u will want to BUY BUY BUY one too after you have touched it...

btw...dun think abt D60 already...get 10D!
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Willyfoo in action...

Deregistered

and we mustn't forget to thank the Ministry of Home Affairs for the drinks too....

speaking of the volunteering/official photographers thing... actually i'm still in the blue, Dagger has a lot of knowledge about it. my queries is just that since we are erm... the "official volunteers", with no monetary terms, no papers signed, who really has the copyright?...

wai, you mean, EOS-1Ds right?

Originally posted by taicw

Haha.. yes it's me. Sorry, wasn't thinking correctly when after playing mahjong till 5am the night b4.

Think I got mixed up with ur nick n dagger's on my hp for that moment. Was like how come a guy was answering?!? hahaha

Sorry for the mix up man.
    haha...... no problem......

wai, you mean, EOS-1Ds right?
    nope.....10D and i meant it
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Originally posted by Zplus
    Actually, they did say will credit the photogs lah... somemore provide food and drink... so must be considerate rite???

I mean its fine for me to exhaust my batts and burn my feet in the sand and all that...

Thus, respect the organizers and chances are you will be invited for more events...
    Haha... it was not mentioned clearly in the first place mah... Initially, it was even said that the organiser may give photo credits, which I try to highlight that photo credits are not part of our bargaining tools.... it is our right...

Even though many of us are there for different reasons; to take photos of babes, to gain experience in event coverage, to get to know fellow CSers etc, we must not forget that the photos are ours and we are giving them a copy just out of our good will...

I do not think this is out of respect to the organiser... Just do not anyhow use them...

Anyway, I'm just want to voice it out only. Most importantly, you guys have a field time today right? Who cares what I say. Hee..

Originally posted by Bean
    Are the CS photographers considered the official photographers for Surf & Sweat?

If I did not remember wrongly, sehsuan mentioned that this is a volenteering effort. It was even mentioned that they are not official invited (have to pay for entry fee etc...).

The CS photographers are doing Sports Club a favour, on a goodwill basis. The time they spent, the batteies they exhausted, the equipment they used, the rights they owned, the nose that bled etc... are all exchanged just for a photo opportunity. It's a win-win situation between the organiser and the photographers...

Since this is just a case of helping out, the photographer should be able to use the images in whatever he/she deems fit (except in situation where it degrades the subject etc..) But of course the problem of leechers and lurkers are very true and real.

I do not consider this as officially covering the event. What I am concerned is if we are prepared not to demand for photo credits and due-recognition, we photographers would one day be exploited.

The above are solely my point of view. If you do not agree with me, feel free to present yours, but do not flame me....

Peace.
    Why don't you start your own thread to discuss about this matter? No offense.

Whether paid or non-paid jobs, photographers who are officially "invited" by sehsuan are considered official photographers TO the event organizer, names of photographers & pics are submitted to them afterall. For those who went on their own, feel free to post, not a problem (NOT my problem). Anyway, it's a public place.

For those on "official duty", it's common sense, post if you want... Hmm.. cos I don't care, I'm still the bo chap guy.

Just feel that you have to be responsible and professional even if you are shooting an unpaid assignment OFFICIALLY.

(Just voicing my views to you

Originally posted by Digipix

Just feel that you have to be responsible and professional even if you are shooting an unpaid assignment OFFICIALLY.
    Rite on brudder!

Deregistered

i think digipix is talking about the integrity of a photographer, am i correct?

i think digipix is talking about the integrity of a photographer, am i correct?
    I will not reply to this thread anymore.

Deregistered

two brothers, back to back

point noted, karab. thanks.

i'll see if i can be the link btw ntu sports events and clubsnap, and will limit to only shooters per event depending on the scale of the event accordingly. i think most of us had a good time practicing shooting in a various mix of lighting conditions from the morning onwards...

once again, thanks for your input
    If you need help for photo event coverage of activities held by NTU clubs and societies, you can always seek the Photo-Videographic Society for the job (sorry, a bit the advert for my society). We have a few Clubsnappers here too. Eg. me myself, afiend, Mr Fish, Bean, etc.

As for the photo credit thingy, i feel that the photographers SHOULD be credited for the photos they provided if they volunteered for the job. It's just plain courtesy.

Official photographers are appointed by the organizers directly. Thus I don't consider the Clubsnappers who were there as "official" photographers for Surf & Sweat. They are mainly there for the fun, and not doing a job, which is event coverage. They are there on their own free will and it's nice to see them offer free photos to the Surf & Sweat Committee and participants.
    Last edited by mervlam; 24th February 2003 at 12:49 AM.

does that mean we'll never ever get to see the photos of this event?

Originally posted by mervlam

Official photographers are appointed by the organizers directly. Thus I don't consider the Clubsnappers who were there as "official" photographers for Surf & Sweat. They are mainly there for the fun, and not doing a job, which is event coverage.
    They are there on their own free will and it's nice to see them offer free photos to the Surf & Sweat Committee and participants.
    * togu is glad that he didn't go...

However, I'm glad that the organisers understands the need of having good photographers for such an event, and that is... ClubSnap...
    Last edited by togu; 24th February 2003 at 04:32 PM.

Originally posted by togu

* togu is glad that he didn't go...

However, I'm glad that the organisers understands the need of having good photographers for such an event, and that is... ClubSnap...
    Lucky i neber go cos i newbie

Originally posted by jeffgoh

Lucky i neber go cos i newbie

Originally posted by Dagger
    Warrao y koks me?? I newbie mah how 2 make it with those pro

Talking

Originally posted by jeffgoh

Warrao y koks me?? I newbie mah how 2 make it with those pro
    *fox dig hole n hide hiz head* ..............

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast