Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NTU Surf & Sweat 2003, 23rd Feb 2003

Try not to post those pics, I think it's not a wise thing to do if your are shooting official for them.

Deregistered

Originally posted by Digipix
    Try not to post those pics, I think it's not a wise thing to do if your are shooting official for them.
    hmm. good idea. let me make some changes to the earlier post...

for the folks who read this thread a while ago and saw the pic, lucky you! for those who missed it.... now you know what events you should be covering!

hi sehs,

don't think it's a good idea to share any babe or hunk shots online.
    leechers and lurkers are out there to score anytime.

and if you're shooting for an event, i agree that it's better to ask the organizers first...

anyway surf and sweat must have been a real field day for CSers,
    it looked like a digital nikon and canon convention with all the bells and whistles and was that a sigma 500mm lens?

Just a point to note tho sehs,
    this is just my opinion, but i think that perhaps there were too many photographers there.

It looked like an entire posse or papparazi.
    Plus with so many huge lenses and attachments, i think the whole "pro" get-up can be quite intimidating.

maybe for some of the babes who wanted to be photographed it was fine, but prob not for the rest of the crowd.

But you can say that it's a public place and we all have a right to be there. I can't disagree with that.

I just question the intrusive nature of huge cameras and long lenses.
    perhaps in future you can limit the number of "official" photographers and not let it be a free for all.

in any case, i hope everyone who was there had decent pics to remember the event, tho i'm sure some of the more "controversial" pics will not be passed onto the committee. Shooters keepers i suppose.

Deregistered

point noted, karab. thanks.

i'll see if i can be the link btw ntu sports events and clubsnap, and will limit to only shooters per event depending on the scale of the event accordingly. i think most of us had a good time practicing shooting in a various mix of lighting conditions from the morning onwards...

once again, thanks for your input

Just a note, if you are the official, you don't have to ask the organizers, you should already know you shouldn't post it openly.

Here's a shot of da man!

As he is a CSer, should be fine... I guess...

Deregistered

Originally posted by Zplus
    Here's a shot of da man!

crossfire! crossfire!

Originally posted by Zplus
    Here's a shot of da man!

As he is a CSer, should be fine... I guess...
    hmmmm .......

waz ur subject on the man ..... ?? ..... the camera .... ??? .... or the "background" on the left .......

hahahahaa ..........

Deregistered

the background already kenna a little bokah out already, so the obvious target was me! me! me!

some of the shots were strictly personal - hence that's why we're crossfiring each other. the rest of the shots that appear without the apparent "consent" of the CSer would be an accidental inclusion - so those shouldn't be posted up.

apologies for posting up the pic of the girl in blue just now. hush hush!

Yeah.... of course the target is sehsuan mah!!!
    Behind all bokeh liao... hahaha!

Anyway, quite fun... got a tan too... plus free makan n drinks!
    Thanks to the organizers...

BTW, camera setting:
    shutter speed: 1/806
    aperture: F5.6
    Shot at aperture priority mode...
    Last edited by Zplus; 23rd February 2003 at 10:45 PM.

Deregistered

sigh, one sad thing about this outing though - i am learning to like the D60 even more.... sigh... i'll most probably be a Buy Buy Buy sufferer too....

Originally posted by sehsuan
    sigh, one sad thing about this outing though - i am learning to like the D60 even more.... sigh... i'll most probably be a Buy Buy Buy sufferer too....
    kekeke
    Did i influence u?

BUY BUY BUY

j/k

now now....... who is the one who called me this morning??
    he asked me something like where/who is dagger??
    Lolz.....

no idea is my answer to him(i think). and back to my bed.....
    own up own up!!!

*strange thing is, he got my name rite....*

Deregistered

Originally posted by afiend

kekeke
    Did i influence u?

BUY BUY BUY

j/k
    answer: not JUST you.

one more super long camera is the main reason, plus all the SEEDs, oh my goodness... i'm falling in love with it now...

Talking

mai tu liao lah ...... then the both of uz upgrade together lah .....

althou me am not getting a DSLR or a canon body ...... hahahahahha ......

Talking

answer: not JUST you.

one more super long camera is the main reason, plus all the SEEDs, oh my goodness... i'm falling in love with it now...
    look at ur face ...... muzt be bcoz of the 50-500mm alzo lah ........ hahahahahah ...........

StarFury
    Guests

This da other man !

Thanks buddy! Thanks for replenishing my batts when I they ran out of juice.......
    hahaha!

Are the CS photographers considered the official photographers for Surf & Sweat?

If I did not remember wrongly, sehsuan mentioned that this is a volenteering effort. It was even mentioned that they are not official invited (have to pay for entry fee etc...).

The CS photographers are doing Sports Club a favour, on a goodwill basis. The time they spent, the batteies they exhausted, the equipment they used, the rights they owned, the nose that bled etc... are all exchanged just for a photo opportunity. It's a win-win situation between the organiser and the photographers...

Since this is just a case of helping out, the photographer should be able to use the images in whatever he/she deems fit (except in situation where it degrades the subject etc..) But of course the problem of leechers and lurkers are very true and real.

I do not consider this as officially covering the event. What I am concerned is if we are prepared not to demand for photo credits and due-recognition, we photographers would one day be exploited.

The above are solely my point of view. If you do not agree with me, feel free to present yours, but do not flame me....

Peace.

Actually, they did say will credit the photogs lah... somemore provide food and drink... so must be considerate rite???

I mean its fine for me to exhaust my batts and burn my feet in the sand and all that...

Thus, respect the organizers and chances are you will be invited for more events...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast