Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Default Re: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32 View Post
    i not sure which is the best way... but i do know the worst way ever is to ask in public forum especially if your gf sees it..

As with anything, sincerity is what it counts. Think of what both of u like to dom, fav place, activity and do it then.. or go for a short holiday etc... Good luck!
    haha.. asking for suggestion only..

holiday?? she love it so much...

thanks
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Just be sincere and let it be a personal thing between the two of you.

Dont make it into a "I want to make the proposal be a headline news thing" like flash it on the DHL balloon or have a 40 feet banner coming down UOB building thing unless you are dead sure your girl wants to marry you. Most of those guys who did something like this got rejected. The girl was not ready and to worsen it, having the proposal become a public talking point made it worse. End up break up....

My friend did something like that had us all help out in the proposal, so he had muscians, had roses dropping down from the second floor of the restaurant where he was dining her. And all of us there singing and clapping and also involved in the entire planning and execution. Result got married but divorced less than 2 years later. Seems that the girl was pressured to say yes as everyone was there. She didnt want to embrass him and herself by saying no and creating an akward situation. However in the long run, she realised he was not the one she wanted to marry. Sad......

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg View Post
    Just be sincere and let it be a personal thing between the two of you.

Dont make it into a "I want to make the proposal be a headline news thing" like flash it on the DHL balloon or have a 40 feet banner coming down UOB building thing unless you are dead sure your girl wants to marry you. Most of those guys who did something like this got rejected. The girl was not ready and to worsen it, having the proposal become a public talking point made it worse. End up break up....

My friend did something like that had us all help out in the proposal, so he had muscians, had roses dropping down from the second floor of the restaurant where he was dining her. And all of us there singing and clapping and also involved in the entire planning and execution. Result got married but divorced less than 2 years later. Seems that the girl was pressured to say yes as everyone was there. She didnt want to embrass him and herself by saying no and creating an akward situation. However in the long run, she realised he was not the one she wanted to marry. Sad......
    that sad...

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    that sad...
    Sad but oh well that is life, Anyway he is actively dating now. So no big deal.

Hence I would say keep it private, at least you and her can back down gracefully in case she rejects you. And still can carry on being a couple and maybe one day she will marry you. If you make the proposal public.... most likely if reject you, she would be too embrassed to want to be seen near you.

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    erm... it dun work anymore... cos HDB no longer offers the queuing system for buying flats. now, it's either walk-in or balloting, i believe?

think carefully wat u want to do... and plan for contingencies. dun be like me... ended up proposing to my wife a min after midnite on the shoulder of PIE. why? cos the car overheated and stalled.... long story.

But it was all worth it right?

erm... it dun work anymore... cos HDB no longer offers the queuing system for buying flats. now, it's either walk-in or balloting, i believe?

think carefully wat u want to do... and plan for contingencies. dun be like me... ended up proposing to my wife a min after midnite on the shoulder of PIE. why? cos the car overheated and stalled.... long story.
    next time if got chance i will ask .. wanna move in ???
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

wa bro, congratz.

keke

well you have 1 more unforgettable stories to tell your grand kids

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    keke

well you have 1 more unforgettable stories to tell your grand kids
    dat is something best forgotten. period.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

dat is something best forgotten. period.
    u might but not your wife.....

...1 day many moons away....

NW wife tells grand kids...."u know how ur grandpa proposed to me ? ........by the road side.......no flowers, no chocolate, car broke down somemore......"

*me runs

here's my personal account...

*the tua-kang, Big-Fish version*

to propose to my then-girlfriend, i travelled hundreds of miles from home, journeyed through rocky hill trails, rode on horseback up a narrow and dangerous mountain path, and finally proposed to her in between Heaven and Hell.

*the closer-to-reality version*

went on an overseas holiday with her, a trip to a scenic mountain spot. the horse was chaperoned by a handler (but hey, it was still dangerous ok! if it decided to bolt, i'm a goner ) finally reached the top of a volcano, which the locals call 'in between heaven and hell'. on one side, the crater (hell), the other beautiful green valley (heaven).

so there

guess which version i will be telling the kids haha!

Quote Originally Posted by ernest_ted View Post
    u might but not your wife.....

...1 day many moons away....

NW wife tells grand kids...."u know how ur grandpa proposed to me ? ........by the road side.......no flowers, no chocolate, car broke down somemore......"

*me runs
    haha... this tends to happen....

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    here's my personal account...

*the tua-kang, Big-Fish version*

to propose to my then-girlfriend, i travelled hundreds of miles from home, journeyed through rocky hill trails, rode on horseback up a narrow and dangerous mountain path, and finally proposed to her in between Heaven and Hell.

*the closer-to-reality version*

went on an overseas holiday with her, a trip to a scenic mountain spot. the horse was chaperoned by a handler (but hey, it was still dangerous ok! if it decided to bolt, i'm a goner ) finally reached the top of a volcano, which the locals call 'in between heaven and hell'. on one side, the crater (hell), the other beautiful green valley (heaven).

so there

guess which version i will be telling the kids haha!
    simplier? Cameron highland

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    simplier? Cameron highland
    no la, m'sia where got volcanoes?

we were at bromo mountain, indonesia

Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox View Post
    no la, m'sia where got volcanoes?

we were at bromo mountain, indonesia
    haha - the vocano, i think the other are more or less there... Cameron highland gonna be the easiest

Do not do it in a public place in front of many people unless you are dead sure she'll accept.
    I've seen it done on two separate occassions, one time at a restaurant and one time at a pub. Both times, didn't end up well. The one at the restaurant kena rejected and walked out (poor guy lefted the restaurant alone with his head down) and the other at the pub agreed but everyone could see from her face that she was shocked and wasn't pleased to be put in such a position but she only agreed not to embarrass the guy, probably rejected him later...
    Personally, I feel that a proposal should be more private and done in romantic setting with no distraction so she can listen carefully and think about what you have to say. Get on one knee ( a cliche but definitely a must) hold her hands and look into her eyes sincerely and let her know of your plans for the future and how you want her to be a part of it. Tell her how she inspires you and how she makes you want to be a better and more responsible person....
    Most of all how tell her how much you love her.
    Hope this helps

Good luck and congrats

good luck!!!

I will try to translate it into English. Please pardon my English.
    These are actually "quotes" used for proposals (more of a joke) but I thought some could be a killer. hahaha

1.“让我们把爱情进行到底吧。”
    1. "Let us love till the end!"

必杀指数:★
    As you can see the rating is only 1 star, so it's pretty crappy.

2.“现在有一份真诚的爱情摆在我们面前,让我们为它加上一万年的期限吧。”
    2. "Let us give our love 10,000 years of lifespan."

必杀指数:★★ - I think this is pretty crappy as well.

3.“让我们埋葬掉这段爱情吧!”(女友一惊,必定追问:“什么,我没听错吧?”) “‘婚姻是爱情的坟墓’嘛,让我们步入婚姻的殿堂吧。”
    3. "Let us bury our love!" (gf will be shocked and probably ask "what? did i hear wrongly?"
    Reply: "Since marriage is the tomb of love, let us step into the hall of marriage!"

必杀指数:★★★

4.“MYDEAR,嫁给我吧,你将成为世界上第二幸福的人。”(女友必然惊讶地问:“那谁是世界上最幸福 的人呢?”)“那当然是我啦!”并作无限陶醉状。(女友必定凤颜大悦,心花怒放。)
    4. "My dear, marry me! You will be the 2nd most blissful person in the world." (gf will ask then who is the most blissful person?")
    Reply: "Of course it's me!" (+ looking like in the midst of blissfulness, gf will definitely be damn happy)

必杀指数:★★★★

5.“告诉你一个在我心底埋藏多年的秘密,你长得很像我的第一个老婆。”(女友必然醋海生波,花容失色:“ 什么,你已经结过婚了?可你一直对我说你没有结过婚呀,你这个大骗子!”)“我是没有结过婚呀。”(女友恍 然大悟。)
    5. "Let me tell you a secret that I have been keeping for years. You looked like my first wife." (gf will definitely feel jealous and ask "you are married?!? you have never told me about that. you liar!"
    Reply: "I didn't say I was married." (at this point gf will probably realised that you are talking about her)

必杀指数:★★★★★

买五送一,外送一招,需道具辅助。道具:小镜子一面。
    This one is a bonus. Equipment required: A mirror (or probably a photo of gf).

选择一个良辰吉日,郑重其事地向女友宣布:“我已经有一个恋人了,我想向她求婚,不知道她意下如何。喏,这 是她的照片。”女友黯然神伤间,接过来一看,顿时红云飞起———“玉照”中的人儿是她,原来那 是一面镜子。
    Choose an auspicious date and tell your gf: "Actually, I have a lover already. I wanted to propose to her but I am not sure how she will react. This is her photo." (show photo/mirror to gf, she will realised that she is the lover.)
    Last edited by akane; 6th January 2007 at 01:52 PM.
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

Quote Originally Posted by funkguru View Post
    Do not do it in a public place in front of many people unless you are dead sure she'll accept.
    I've seen it done on two separate occassions, one time at a restaurant and one time at a pub. Both times, didn't end up well. The one at the restaurant kena rejected and walked out (poor guy lefted the restaurant alone with his head down) and the other at the pub agreed but everyone could see from her face that she was shocked and wasn't pleased to be put in such a position but she only agreed not to embarrass the guy, probably rejected him later...
    Personally, I feel that a proposal should be more private and done in romantic setting with no distraction so she can listen carefully and think about what you have to say. Get on one knee ( a cliche but definitely a must) hold her hands and look into her eyes sincerely and let her know of your plans for the future and how you want her to be a part of it. Tell her how she inspires you and how she makes you want to be a better and more responsible person....
    Most of all how tell her how much you love her.
    Hope this helps

Good luck and congrats
    got it...

Quote Originally Posted by akane View Post
    good luck!!!

生活需要创意,爱情更需要创意。以下求婚必杀技乃上古神书《求婚秘笈》中不传之秘技,经典之篇章,传男不传 女。即便是男士,自己知道就行了,不要再到处去传了,如果你不想给自己平添几个情场劲敌的话。括号内为女友 的必然反应。

1.“让我们把爱情进行到底吧。”

必杀指数:★

2.“现在有一份真诚的爱情摆在我们面前,让我们为它加上一万年的期限吧。”

必杀指数:★★

3.“让我们埋葬掉这段爱情吧!”(女友一惊,必定追问:“什么,我没听错吧?”)

“‘婚姻是爱情的坟墓’嘛,让我们步入婚姻的殿堂吧。”

必杀指数:★★★

4.“MYDEAR,嫁给我吧,你将成为世界上第二幸福的人。”(女友必然惊讶地问:“那谁是世界上最幸福 的人呢?”)“那当然是我啦!”并作无限陶醉状。(女友必定凤颜大悦,心花怒放。)

必杀指数:★★★★

5.“告诉你一个在我心底埋藏多年的秘密,你长得很像我的第一个老婆。”(女友必然醋海生波,花容失色:“ 什么,你已经结过婚了?可你一直对我说你没有结过婚呀,你这个大骗子!”)“我是没有结过婚呀。”(女友恍 然大悟。)

必杀指数:★★★★★

买五送一,外送一招,需道具辅助。道具:小镜子一面。

选择一个良辰吉日,郑重其事地向女友宣布:“我已经有一个恋人了,我想向她求婚,不知道她意下如何。喏,这 是她的照片。”女友黯然神伤间,接过来一看,顿时红云飞起———“玉照”中的人儿是她,原来那 是一面镜子。
    er.. got english version ??

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123