Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay View Post
    confirm an unforgettable moment!
    yeah... wifey and i cannot look at the jurong town hall exit along PIE with the same eyes again....
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Hi k3nn3th03

speaking from a lady's point of view, the idea of a marriage proposal must be ROMANTIC (no thanks to romance novels and Hollywood movies lah). Typically, you can bring her out for a ROMANTIC meal (usually a nicer restaurant with a breathtaking view e.g. one of the restaurants overlooking Mount Faber or the CLiff at Sentosa), make a surprise song dedication or serenade her on your own, then kneel down (yes, it's an unspoken pre-requesite or else no sincerity) and propose with THE RING. It may be cliche but you must give your girlfriend something memorable that she can share with her other girlfriends or family members when asked, "how did he propose huh?".

For mine, what my hubby did was one Saturday afternoon, when I was revising for my last semester exams (was still a Uni student then), he was busy in the kitchen preparing a surprise meal, something simple, nothing fancy. After the meal, he brought me to the PC and asked me to check my mail. In it, he sent me an on-line greeting card telling me how much I meant to him and all the mushy stuff lah. Then, just as I was about to finish reading the card, he played the themesong from our fav. movie in the background and knelt down to propose with a bouquet of roses and a ring he has specially chosen in advance without my knowledge. Of course, all these planning was done in secret, I was so touched that I said 'YES'. Hehe, thereafter, we went to the jewellery shop together, swop the ring to my correct size and chose another ring for him!

Hope you can glean something from my suggestion! All the best to you brother!
    Last edited by pixie_genie; 4th January 2007 at 10:18 AM.

personally, i think shld be something memorable, sweet, private and romantic.

see what she likes, eg

- beach,
    - favorite restaurant,
    - favourite places,
    - the place where u met her, or something which bring u two together (eg if it is a book, maybe can put a note inside the book?)
    - sing her her favourite song or a song that was memorable?
    - a special date and time (first time u met her when?)
    - a special pet?

also, not something too complicated, dun think many gals appreciate complex proposal.

not something that is public, bringing attention or pressure to the gal. dun try those proposal on national tv or with lots of people. think the gal will feel pressurised and dunno what to do if she is not ready .

Just make it simple and memorable.

Don't be too cheesy though....

Of course, the default would be "eh, we go book HDB flat together?"

Thumbs up Re: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    erm... it dun work anymore... cos HDB no longer offers the queuing system for buying flats. now, it's either walk-in or balloting, i believe?

think carefully wat u want to do... and plan for contingencies. dun be like me... ended up proposing to my wife a min after midnite on the shoulder of PIE. why? cos the car overheated and stalled.... long story.
    hmm.. on the shoulder on PIE...

no offence, but this is good... so u dun have to kneel down.. jus sit.. and ask..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Buy her something you can make use of after marriage like a fast lens or a 12mp dslr.

When a girl hears, "Honey here's a F2.8 600mm lens and would you marry me?"

She hears the sweetest words anyone can speak to her.
    nah... she dun really interested in these...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    hmm.. on the shoulder on PIE...

no offence, but this is good... so u dun have to kneel down.. jus sit.. and ask..
    eh... not a good idea. ur wife-to-be will get historical (not to mention hysterical) come anniversaries...
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed.” ― Deeksha Mittal

Smile Re: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_genie View Post
    Hi k3nn3th03

speaking from a lady's point of view, the idea of a marriage proposal must be ROMANTIC (no thanks to romance novels and Hollywood movies lah). Typically, you can bring her out for a ROMANTIC meal (usually a nicer restaurant with a breathtaking view e.g. one of the restaurants overlooking Mount Faber or the CLiff at Sentosa), make a surprise song dedication or serenade her on your own, then kneel down (yes, it's an unspoken pre-requesite or else no sincerity) and propose with THE RING. It may be cliche but you must give your girlfriend something memorable that she can share with her other girlfriends or family members when asked, "how did he propose huh?".

For mine, what my hubby did was one Saturday afternoon, when I was revising for my last semester exams (was still a Uni student then), he was busy in the kitchen preparing a surprise meal, something simple, nothing fancy. After the meal, he brought me to the PC and asked me to check my mail. In it, he sent me an on-line greeting card telling me how much I meant to him and all the mushy stuff lah. Then, just as I was about to finish reading the card, he played the themesong from our fav. movie in the background and knelt down to propose with a bouquet of roses and a ring he has specially chosen in advance without my knowledge. Of course, all these planning was done in secret, I was so touched that I said 'YES'. Hehe, thereafter, we went to the jewellery shop together, swop the ring to my correct size and chose another ring for him!

Hope you can glean something from my suggestion! All the best to you brother!
    u must be very very surprise and happy...

i too think of this b4... but i dun think it will work in my case...

- if she find me doing something funny in kitchen, she sure to come out and 'investigate'

but i think she will like the part where the flowers and ring come to...

noted.. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Paul_Yeo View Post
    personally, i think shld be something memorable, sweet, private and romantic.

see what she likes, eg

- beach,
    - favorite restaurant,
    - favourite places,
    - the place where u met her, or something which bring u two together (eg if it is a book, maybe can put a note inside the book?)
    - sing her her favourite song or a song that was memorable?
    - a special date and time (first time u met her when?)
    - a special pet?

also, not something too complicated, dun think many gals appreciate complex proposal.

not something that is public, bringing attention or pressure to the gal. dun try those proposal on national tv or with lots of people. think the gal will feel pressurised and dunno what to do if she is not ready .
    pet ?? now i got an idea...

hehe... thanks also..

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75 View Post
    eh... not a good idea. ur wife-to-be will get historical (not to mention hysterical) come anniversaries...

in the new sg terms it goes like this
    guy:"eh i hear punggol new flats are quite nice and cheap leh. let's go apply together leh"
    if girl agrees means "I do" coming soon..
    if girl says "siao ah!" means i'm not ready try harder next time or i'm not going to marry you.
    wah think e part about buying e flat is very true. i noe some one like dat .... den he headache cause dat day when aply for flat .. his gf keep asking him ..... u haben propose 2 mi yet ley .... haha ... den reservist saw him ... he keep asking how how how ... ahaha he say stress ...

but now most of my frens that get married is buy flat first wan wor ... after that den rom & weddin ceremony wan :x
    Canon EOS "Luxury"
    [flickr]

i hope you aren't thinking of buying a pet..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Smile Re: How do u propose to ur gf / How do u wan ur bf to propose ??

i hope you aren't thinking of buying a pet..
    we were planning to have a cat and a dog after we have our own house..

dun worry, we are not those 'buy first, tok later' kinda of pple..

In a horse-drawn carriage in Prague on a snowy December evening

just say "Will you marry me?" It worked for me. Nothing fancyful, no ring, no dinner, no beach.....just a question. Now happily married for 4 years

My dh's proposal was simple, but quite funny...

he made it sound like he wanted to break up with me, looking all serious and said that we needed to talk about things. This all happened at a void deck. and then, he suddenly whipped out the ring. I saw the ring, and guess what, becos of all the tension and stress prior, my stomach began to hurt and needed to go up to his parents' place to ease my stomach!

So, simple, but memorable.

yo bro,

congratessssssssssssss.................

better do the traditional way. kneel down to propose, more sincere lah.
    find a occassion, then surprise her by kneeling down & propose lor. "REMEMBER WITH THE RING"

suggest maybe during CYN reunion dinner at her place or your place.
    sure no horse run. she cannot say no, so u will not loose face..........

Quote Originally Posted by FZ5owner View Post
    yo bro,

congratessssssssssssss.................

better do the traditional way. kneel down to propose, more sincere lah.
    find a occassion, then surprise her by kneeling down & propose lor. "REMEMBER WITH THE RING"

suggest maybe during CYN reunion dinner at her place or your place.
    sure no horse run. she cannot say no, so u will not loose face..........
    yea.. the ring..

custom made somemore...

must kneel ah? my knee koyak liao leh.. cannot kneel anymore..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03 View Post
    as stated, its my turn soon...

need some suggestions...

thanks
    i not sure which is the best way... but i do know the worst way ever is to ask in public forum especially if your gf sees it..

As with anything, sincerity is what it counts. Think of what both of u like to dom, fav place, activity and do it then.. or go for a short holiday etc... Good luck!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast