Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: bad vietnam backpack trip

Default Re: bad vietnam backpack trip

One cannot deny that Vietnamese boat people that set up communities in Australia have given birth to some of the most hard core gangs in Australia.

They are tough, they are brutal and they are really frightening if you are on the receiving end of their blows.

They are involved in some not so desirable activities and even the whites fear them because they are very brutal when it comes to confrontation, which is one reason why some Aussies dont like chinese, to them all yellow skin are vietnamese.

However they can also be very good friends and good bosses. They are filal to their parents and their own kind.

Why the great divide? One has to understand where they are from, they came from a war zone. They fled the country in boats crammed tight with refugees, some died on the way. They come to a foreign land with nothing and will do anything to survive. It is war that made them who they are today.

Even the ones in Joo Chiat now.. frankly they come here to get a better life, if they didnt have to. Do you think they would want to come here and sell their body and soul? Just like you dont see a Singaporean girl working as a working lady in a foreign country. Because we are lucky not because we are morally better.

As for those who say who am I to judge the vietnamese. Well my ex boss was an aussie vietnamese who was also an triad member, and my classmate were vietnamese too. So I kind of know them pretty well.

i just came back from a 15 days trip from vietnam 4 days ago.. It's true HCMC doesnt hav much to offer, i stayed there for 4 days and when i reach my 2nd destination (Dalat), it was quite like a paradise, i regretted not leaving HCMC earlier and go Dalat. The weather was cool in the day with clear blue sky everyday. Flowers everywhere. 1kg of strawberries for 1 sing dollar.. subsequently i went Hanoi, sapa and halong bay.. I think hanoi is a nice city, with nice weather this time of the season, sapa literally looks like another paradise (though the people are not very friendly) but it's really scenic.. Halong bay is alright, good to end my trip lazing on the junk and feasing on seafood foe 3 consecutive meals.. hee.. But overall, i would say that i love vietnam.. i miss it.. feels like a dream..

i REALLY couldnt believe someone actually made a comment like that.

viet gals not pretty?
    dude, you need to go for lasik, or eye transplant in africa.

Quote Originally Posted by standingup View Post

Someone mention about a lecturer in NUS, excuse me. If you take this example, please go to US, UK, Russia, Hungary, Poland, HongKong, Australia, see how much Vietnamese commited crime there? How do they do their business. Have you forget Nguyen sentenced to death because of carring heroin in Singapore? You need me to list out here more Vietnamese gangsters in US, Germany,Russia? Have you ever heard about NUS student online steal money of friends? Have heard of NUS student steal good in OG? So if you don't know about these famous examples, please grow up and face the fact. Major of them don't obey any law. Even a gorvement officer went to Singapore and stole good ? DId you read that in the newspapers? Hmm..

I do often visit Geylang and Joo Chiat and if some of you here want to judge me, please go ahead.
    I am not going to judge you becoz it is obvious that you have already developed a mental stereotype about our neighour, but I am surprised that since you find the XMM not pretty (ugly?) then how come you still see them often?..... haha, to satisfy your animal instinct (what's else?)?
    Dont be so mean to them, at least be appreciative to them for at least they might have given you enough inspiration and assistance for you to have chosen your nick .......

Also the above ex given by you are misleading .... there are Singaporeans committing crimes, rapes, murders, drugs, etc .... in all over the world ... and so we should also be classified as such? Or maybe you have not heard or read about these?...
    always the Light, .... always.

Quote Originally Posted by standingup View Post
    I don't want to debate with others since it is my own opinion. You won't make me to believe that my perception was wrong until the day I myself realise that. Now, thanks, I stick with my opinion.

It is not just about my education. Please, there's nothing to do with education background. And please don't put your words into my mouth. I don't say all people working in Geylang and Joo Chiat are hopeless.

Someone mention about a lecturer in NUS, excuse me. If you take this example, please go to US, UK, Russia, Hungary, Poland, HongKong, Australia, see how much Vietnamese commited crime there? How do they do their business. Have you forget Nguyen sentenced to death because of carring heroin in Singapore? You need me to list out here more Vietnamese gangsters in US, Germany,Russia? Have you ever heard about NUS student online steal money of friends? Have heard of NUS student steal good in OG? So if you don't know about these famous examples, please grow up and face the fact. Major of them don't obey any law. Even a gorvement officer went to Singapore and stole good ? DId you read that in the newspapers? Hmm..

I do often visit Geylang and Joo Chiat and if some of you here want to judge me, please go ahead.

As I said, I might be wrong but it is my opinion. You have your owns, so please dont force me to change my mind because of what you said.

Thank you..
    Is that all you do ? Read? Form your own opinion based on news? Views of others to form your own ? It's starting to make sense now.

For all I care, you can believe in what you want and I believe in what I want. TS started a thread sharing his experience in Vietnam, that was useful. Your comments are your opinions which are totally worthless. I'll grow at my own pace, thank you. I'll be continuing my trips to HCMC and Hanoi at least 4 times a year, interacting with the locals and getting to know them better while you can continue reading newspapers/articles.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinion but bear this is mind. An opinion is like an a**hole, everyone has one but no one wants to hear it.

Good grief, what has the education system done to us?

-andy

I have visited Vietnam twice, once up north (Hanoi/Halong Bay) and the second trip to central vietnam (Hoian/Hue). With both trips lasting 1 week each, I must say I enjoyed both regions - though from different perspectives.

In the north, the natural beauty and peace of Halong Bay from a boat/junk was splendid, Nothing like enjoying seafood and beer in the glow of dawn whilst overlooking the limestone islands. I had fun in Hanoi visiting antique shops, trying our local food and beer. Pity I did not have time to visit Sapa.

In the central, I particularly loved Hoian probably because of my appreciation of architecture. During the less-touristy autumn-winter period, strolling along the quiet streets dotted with unique century-old homes was interesting. The fresh seafood and beer (again) was *slurp* wonderful. I had fun interacting with the locals at the market as I tried various local food / snacks. The Hue area was similarly fascinating for me because of the architecture and cultural significance of the purple palace and the various tombs.

I also made a trip to visit the river limestone cave in Phong Nha – my tour guide went out of his way and invited us to visit their aged family for pre-chinese new year dinner. His mother cooked fish steamboat and I had a couple of happy rounds of home-made rice wine with the dad.

I had my fair share of good and bad experiences in vietnam (and many parts of US, Europe and Asia) – overcharging being one of them. But as in any business transaction, it is also one’s job to check the market rate.

Some of my photos of Hoian in below thread. Enjoy.
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=201276

the only thing i like about HCM is their disco and cheap beer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234