Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 122

Thread: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

  1. #81

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by scandisk View Post
    Bro, I think I was standing beside you (to ur right)...with a fellow CSer...

    both of us wondering if u were the one and only sgvideomaaannnnnn....
    Ha ha...scandisk guessed our hunch was rite...its sgvideoman
    He was using somethin like Digi-pod tripod?
    No two pics are the same, each in its own light.

  2. #82

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Foot View Post
    300mm? lol~
    taken with 80-200mm
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  3. #83

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Not exactly. One of my shot from the right. I was shooting together yilishengxian. Pics was cropped. Using 180mm f2.8 lens.



    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    dun worry u miss nothing...the place not really that ideal for shooting anyway
    Last edited by yipdanny; 6th January 2007 at 01:47 AM.

  4. #84

    Smile Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by yipdanny View Post
    Not exactly. One of my shot from the right. I was shooting together yilishengxian. Pics was cropped. Using 180mm f2.8.
    is that the stubby L lens i saw?
    Last edited by Lil'Foot; 6th January 2007 at 01:41 AM.

  5. #85

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    No la. 2nd hand Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED (non-D)

    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'Foot View Post
    is that the stubby L lens i saw?

  6. #86

    Smile Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by yipdanny View Post
    No la. 2nd hand Nikon 180mm f2.8 ED (non-D)
    haha.. i'm still trying to find out who's the one with the L saw 3 of 'em on stage left (performer's perspective) shooting away, you should be one of them I guess..

    can't wait for all the pics to be posted

  7. #87
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    5,711

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    just to share a pic captured with HDV as request by someone...

  8. #88
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Guillemard
    Posts
    249

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by sgvideoman View Post
    where got lots of mediacorp artistes?
    I see at least 6 of them, lots of ppl shooting them when they come thru the "golden dust" carpet. Never go on stage.

  9. #89

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    just to share a pic captured with HDV as request by someone...
    Cool! Still saving up to buy HDV video cam.

    Or rent one hehe.

    My $600 video cam cannot make it.

    Did you pay for your HDV video cam in one go or by installments?

    See how terribly lousy are the image quality of my screenshots. I want to go HDV!!!

    My bank account only left this much....



    When can I go HDV....
    Last edited by sgvideoman; 6th January 2007 at 02:43 AM.

  10. #90

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaycelim View Post
    I see at least 6 of them, lots of ppl shooting them when they come thru the "golden dust" carpet. Never go on stage.
    I only saw a few...

  11. #91

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    some snapshots taken during the rehearsal




    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  12. #92
    Senior Member yilishengxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pandan 花园
    Posts
    3,925

    Talking Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    dun worry u miss nothing...the place not really that ideal for shooting anyway
    Any place are ideal spots . It just depends on how you want the picture to appear (training myself to make any spot an ideal spot) ... Missing stuff isn't a good idea if it was really good ...







    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

  13. #93

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by John Tan View Post
    just to share a pic captured with HDV as request by someone...
    Great shot from your HDV.

    Where there is celebrity event, there will be John Tan...

  14. #94

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Any place are ideal spots . It just depends on how you want the picture to appear (training myself to make any spot an ideal spot) ... Missing stuff isn't a good idea if it was really good ...
    The environment is not good for those who doesn't have any pass no eye contact...no shots of full evening gown.. all nothing but cropped body parts good for u but not for me...nice clothing and beautiful women doesn't constitute a good pic ...at least not for me for fashion show i prefer to take full bodies shots will even sacrifice the sharpness and colour by using the kit lens rather than my other lenses for such purpose
    Last edited by eow; 6th January 2007 at 03:01 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  15. #95
    Senior Member yilishengxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pandan 花园
    Posts
    3,925

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    The environment is not good for those who doesn't have any pass no eye contact...no shots of full evening gown.. all nothing but cropped body parts good for u but not for me...nice clothing and beautiful women doesn't constitute a good pic ...at least not for me for fashion show i prefer to take full bodies shots will even sacrifice the sharpness and colour by using the kit lens rather than my other lenses for such purpose
    Well, its still possible to capture the full body shots (eh... from the top of the ladder, and i got bring ), however, its just my preference to capture the images this way (at least for now... trying out landscape orientation 1/2 body shots ...).

    There're eye contact shots, but did not select them (landscape orientation testing purposes) ...
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

  16. #96

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by yilishengxian View Post
    Well, its still possible to capture the full body shots (eh... from the top of the ladder, and i got bring ), however, its just my preference to capture the images this way (at least for now... trying out landscape orientation 1/2 body shots ...).

    There're eye contact shots, but did not select them (landscape orientation testing purposes) ...
    not everyone carry one and there are crowds infront of the stage
    [heads...lot of them] ..it a half-ass situation for me and those who doesn't carry one..u trying out those rule of the 3rd thingy ?
    Last edited by eow; 6th January 2007 at 03:57 AM.
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  17. #97
    Senior Member yilishengxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Pandan 花园
    Posts
    3,925

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    not everyone carry one and there are crowds infront of the stage
    [heads...lot of them] ..it a half-ass situation for me and those who doesn't carry one..u trying out those rule of the 3rd thingy ?
    Hmmm, looks like it huh . Actually, last time i keep shooting them in portrait orientation (filling up most of the frame with the model) abit boring so i try something else lor ... For me, I still prefer the "no eye contact" expressions though (which I feel will bring out the essence of the event) ...

    Maybe include part of the background and so on? The last image u see there, actually I wanted to include the piano too ... But ladder not high enuff ...

    At least, I haven't really use that rule of 3rd thing on these events before and Heads, PnS, HPs are quite nice too after taking a look at other's examples (whether intentional or not).
    Every Photo Speaks for its Photographer. 开心就好。
    I wanna be the no.1 GWC !!!

  18. #98

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    nice mtg up with some of u guys last nite.
    you can buy better gear but you can't buy a better eye

  19. #99

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    great shots there yilishengxian, like the way you use the landscape orientation

  20. #100

    Default Re: Soo Kee Jewellery RoadShow at Raffles City Shopping Centre (5th Jan 07)

    looking at the conditions, i think fz50 is not for this challenge

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •