Thread: Software license on laptop / desktop

Default Software license on laptop / desktop

I'm getting my laptop from the starhub promo soon and I was wondering if I can install my Office 2003, Canon DPP, Adobe PS, NAV 2004 on both my laptop and desktop.

Is the software license limited to one user or per computer?
    I know that some software license agreement limits to a desktop and laptop. Can someone enlighten me on the above software?

Default Re: Software license on laptop / desktop

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post
    I'm getting my laptop from the starhub promo soon and I was wondering if I can install my Office 2003, Canon DPP, Adobe PS, NAV 2004 on both my laptop and desktop.

I know that some software license agreement limits to a desktop and laptop. Can someone enlighten me on the above software?
    Depends on the software when you bought it, whether its OEM or a Box-License. If its a OEM, then the license will 'die' with the computer. If its a Box-license, then its transferrable.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoky View Post

Generally software license limit is base on per computer.
    That mean if you want to install in a desktop and a laptop simultaneously, you will need 2 licenses. If you have only a single copy of the software, you can install in either the desktop or the laptop. If you have installed in the desktop and you decide you want to install in the laptop, you will have to uninstall the software in the desktop before you install in the laptop.
    If you have Office 2003 (Teachers & Students Edition), you can install in up to 3 computers.
    Read the software T&C.

Edit: There are many variant of software licensing scheme. Do read the software T&C.
    Last edited by Ola; 3rd January 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by smalltake View Post
    Depends on the software when you bought it, whether its OEM or a Box-License. If its a OEM, then the license will 'die' with the computer. If its a Box-license, then its transferrable.
    Thanks for the advice... All S/W are box version except for DPP... which comes with the camera.

Got a link from Microsoft stating that I am able to install Office 2003 on both my desktop and laptop. Here it is:
    http://download.microsoft.com/docume...fbb34d8cb1.pdf

Have to search for the rest of the software EULA..