Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: which is more important ? High Salary or Work Environment ?

Default Re: which is more important ? High Salary or Work Environment ?

A good work environment is important, but so is the moolah. If you have specialized skills and you think you are underpaid, then go where the money is. Take a risk, if the environment in the new place is not good, move on. Since you've specialized skills, you won't have much problems in getting a good job.

If you are doing a job that you think anybody else can do without much effort, and you have been working in a nice cozy environment for several years now, it makes all the more sense to kick yourself out of your comfort zone. Upgrade your skills and look for a better paying job.

In this fast paced world, no jobs are guaranteed.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt....

I believe you should find the right combination of both that you feel comfortable with - also, the two are not necessarily mutually exclusive. Having a reference point is important, and that may involve working in different jobs for different companies and even different countries.

Quote Originally Posted by raincool2005 View Post
    come to think of it, changing job is heng or suay gamble. Take for example, i got a fren who once got into a new job with pay jump of 50%. Sad to say, her new boss was a crazy man. He banged his laptop, threw his phone and talks nonsenses to himself when very stressed out, he surf prono sites in office secretly and often wander around female colleagues' cubicles late at night. In work, always blame others and argue he is right... and whenever a pretty female colleague walked past, he will smile cheeky.. pretending to be extra-friendly. Yes.. the new pay is high but the boss is definitely a big NO.
    Woooh .. Like that, she better run fast fast!

Now I sorta regret writing those comments above, 'cos if company colleague or worse .. boss comes to this site and sees it, I DIE LIAO!!!

U know nowadays they do searches online - friendster, hi5 to check on the employees or potential employees?
    :: Capture the moment :: :heart:

Quote Originally Posted by fotojoy View Post
    Woooh .. Like that, she better run fast fast!

Now I sorta regret writing those comments above, 'cos if company colleague or worse .. boss comes to this site and sees it, I DIE LIAO!!!

U know nowadays they do searches online - friendster, hi5 to check on the employees or potential employees?
    dun need to regret lah.. who dun want to earn more in times like these ? i believe as we grow older... we see and hear how old people lost their jobs and their families faced financial hardship... we also scared next time we got no money. Look at the 4D/Toto queues... look at the stock market.. everyone is punting just to make extra money out to prepare rainy days.. some even hold 2 jobs.. part-time insurance/mlm cum daytime job.. some are freelance photographers.

life in this country is getting tougher because of higher expenses.. sometimes i really wonder what lies ahead ? what a mess !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12