View Poll Results: Would you buy this watch?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes. I want another watch!

10 50.00%
  • No. I do not need another watch!

10 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To buy or not to buy

Default To buy or not to buy

If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobbies. And sorry, I can only give two choices.

The make : Fortis
    Collection: Flieger Chronograph Automatic
    Movement: Chronograph Automatic 7750
    Model No.: 622.10.11M
    Case diameter: 35mm

http://www.fortis-watch.com/en/collection/frameset.html
    Last edited by SMM; 16th February 2003 at 05:52 PM.

You already said it,

"please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby".

What's another one to your 20 watches collection?

Buy Buy Buy!
    It's valentines anyway.

BUY BUY BUY !!!!!!

Reasons:
    1. u r a watch collector as u said
    2. tht's the motto at CS... kekekeke

Happy Vday to u, SMM!

since u are a collector....

and if ur pocket is comfortable enuff....

Y not?

I used to collect Rolex and was venturing into chronographs when I got me a Zenith. Decided to stop the hobby cos watch collecting can be real expensive and most of the time, the watches just idle in the cabinet. As most of my watches are mechanical automatic, they stopped ticking when the mechanical energy runs out in the spring. Very sian to adjust the date again. So no more watches for me.

Default Re: To buy or not to buy

Originally posted by SMM
    If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby. And sorry, I can only give two choices.

i rather to use the $$ to buy something more meaningful e.g.: lenses

ask yourself would be happy after buying it and would you regret? you should not be swayed by others.

i presume cost is not an issue, since you are So Much Money.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
    I used to collect Rolex and was venturing into chronographs when I got me a Zenith. Decided to stop the hobby cos watch collecting can be real expensive and most of the time, the watches just idle in the cabinet. As most of my watches are mechanical automatic, they stopped ticking when the mechanical energy runs out in the spring. Very sian to adjust the date again. So no more watches for me.
    ROLEX???!?!?!??

u quite well off also....

Originally posted by togu
    You already said it,
    "please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby".
    What's another one to your 20 watches collection?
    Well, I think sometime I am never satisfy with what I've already got.

Originally posted by roon2c
    [B]Reasons:
    1. u r a watch collector as u said
    2. tht's the motto at CS... kekekeke
    Happy Vday to u, SMM!
    Happy Vday to you and everyone too.

One of the reason why I'm hesitating to acquire this watch is b'cos, I'm afraid I already have too many watches and somehow lost the feel of appreciating a good watch.

Originally posted by Revo
    since u are a collector....
    and if ur pocket is comfortable enuff....
    Y not?
    Strangely, how come I never feel the same way when coming to buy a camera, a set of golf clubs or a handbag. I think it's about time to reassess my hobby & interest.

Originally posted by lazyfiddler
    lazyfiddler, it's not very healthy to leave your mechanical automatic ticking all the time because it means you have to send it for servicing more often. For me, I kind of enjoy winding up my watches once in a while, watch the movement, listening to the tickling sound and remembering every "history" of acquiring watch. I think may be I am a very sentimental person, memories mean a lot to me (happy and unhappy ones) it makes me a stronger person. May be that's also why I'm beginning to like photography.

Originally posted by Revo

ROLEX???!?!?!??

u quite well off also....
    Rich?? No lah! Where got?? I save some money when I work mah! Me still staying in 3-room HDB, u know!

Default Re: Re: To buy or not to buy

Originally posted by iceman
    ask yourself would be happy after buying it and would you regret? you should not be swayed by others.

i presume cost is not an issue, since you are So Much Money.
    I'm always happy when I buy something that I like. "swayed by others" - there is only one person (my bf) trying to steer me away from having that watch in my possession.

I am seldom regretful of my own decisions, especially when it concerns my bank account and the person I choose to love. You may think I'm too arrogant but I've already been thru', "what you can have today, you can also easily loose it tomorrow".

Originally posted by 007
    007, I agree with you on this point. But I've not reached a stage that I should buy lenses - because I don't even have a SLR or DSLR. Not because I cannot afford a SLR or DSLR but because I don't think I'm good enough to use one yet. I rather let other people who knows how to appreciate them to have them.

Originally posted by SMM

lazyfiddler, it's not very healthy to leave your mechanical automatic ticking all the time because it means you have to send it for servicing more often. For me, I kind of enjoy winding up my watches once in a while, watch the movement, listening to the tickling sound and remembering every "history" of acquiring watch. I think may be I am a very sentimental person, memories mean a lot to me (happy and unhappy ones) it makes me a stronger person. May be that's also why I'm beginning to like photography.
    Izzit? I thot that mechanical watches have to be kept moving all the time? No? Otherwise why are some companies selling those mechanical watch winders which rotate your watch when u r not wearing them so that the spring will always have some stored energy in them?

Anyway, after reading your post, I went to wind up my Zenith again. Yea... It's a 'shiok' feeling.... Especially can also look at the mini mechanical gear through the sapphire crystal at the back of the watch!

Talking

yeoh ........

Well, I think sometime I am never satisfy with what I've already got .....

One of the reason why I'm hesitating to acquire this watch is b'cos, I'm afraid I already have too many watches and somehow lost the feel of appreciating a good watch.
    u very contradicting leh ...........

if u really like it very much ....... n u have the $$$$ .......... go buy it lah ...........

juzt in caze u r having thoze 5 min fever abt buying that watch now .............. maybe u can wait for a period of time ........ n then see whether u still wanna buy it at that time or not loh ..... ( provided that watch iz not a limited edition ) .....

*fox wonder wat lenz can $1400 buy*

Default Re: To buy or not to buy

Originally posted by SMM
    If you already have more than 20 watches (and I'm not talking about swatches or Baby G type of watches), would you still spend about $1,400 to buy this watch from Fortis? When polling, please imagine that watch collection is one of your favourite hobby. And sorry, I can only give two choices.

If the watch is Kirium Formula 1 @ 1400 I'll buy...

Default Re: Re: To buy or not to buy

Originally posted by 007

Cause you use your $$$ buy, Siao Mei Mei ask boy friend buy mah....

Its a nice watch and you are a collector. If you can afford it , or someone affords it for you... buy it.

I know the feeling of collecting coz I collect stuff too. I also have a watch collector friend who loves watches and she does buy whenever something catches her eye and its within reach of her pocket.

Thus, buy buy buy!

I think you won't get objective result here.....
    I'm not into watch thingy but I have uncle who collect watches( AP, Bvlgary, some strange brands) and golf sticks, he never satisfy with his collection once new thing come out he will fly to TNgee Ann City to get it or go to Suntec for Honma he always get unbelieve able discount there.
    Same like people buying cameras or lenses, once you got bite by it. It is like jumping into bottomless pit.
    W204FL

SMM,

After getting the watch, practice ur macro skills on it...
    kekeke... then show us....

Originally posted by FOOXX
    yeoh ........

*fox wonder wat lenz can $1400 buy*

this one

S$1350 (before 4% GST) .
    after GST = S$ 1404/=
    need to top up S$4 more.

Originally posted by 007

this one

S$1350 (before 4% GST) .
    after GST = S$ 1404/=
    need to top up S$4 more.
    it will probably be a lot cheaper from CP/AP that kinda shops i reckon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast