Thread: Viewing RAW files.

Smile Viewing RAW files.

I have some problems viewing the RAW files taken by the K10D. I have tried using Adobe and Rawshooter, but the software always prompts saying that no RAW files can be detected. Please advise.

Many thanks.

Default Re: Viewing RAW files.

Quote Originally Posted by exiledbummer View Post
    I have some problems viewing the RAW files taken by the K10D. I have tried using Adobe and Rawshooter, but the software always prompts saying that no RAW files can be detected. Please advise.

Many thanks.
    Picassa works
    Well, think Pentax browser shld do too.
    ~*phanTAsmal*~ [Panasonic Tz7 & Pentax K10D]
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/40633616@N00/

thanks...but i thought raw shooter should do fine...should i use the RAW(PEF) or RAW(DNG)? are they both the same?

Quote Originally Posted by exiledbummer View Post
    thanks...but i thought raw shooter should do fine...should i use the RAW(PEF) or RAW(DNG)? are they both the same?
    You have to set the format to DNG to use with raw shooter. There's no plug-in or update for it.

Hi
    I have already converted by 10MB Pentax raw files to 5MB (is this normal?) adobe dng format but raw shooter does not seem to be able to see them also. I tried looking for a setting in RawShooter that will allow me to change the format supported to DNG but there does not seem to be any?
    Any ideas how?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Hi
    I have already converted by 10MB Pentax raw files to 5MB (is this normal?) adobe dng format but raw shooter does not seem to be able to see them also. I tried looking for a setting in RawShooter that will allow me to change the format supported to DNG but there does not seem to be any?
    Any ideas how?
    Thanks
    u are in luck
    click me
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

The new Adobe Camera Raw 3.7 RAW file plug-in for Photoshop CS2 provides support for RAW files for the Nikon D40 and Pentax K10D. Also has DNG Converter provided.

Mac
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...form=Macintosh
    Windows
    http://www.adobe.com/support/downloa...atform=Windows
    Last edited by creampuff; 20th February 2007 at 12:58 AM.

Try the new Lightroom demo too. It works really well.

Hi
    Will Ver 3.7 (mine is 3.6) allow the .dng files to work with rawshooter? (I do not have photoshop...)
    Will have to try it later. BTW, what's the difference between the"raw converter" and the "dng raw converter"?
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by airconvent View Post
    Hi
    Will Ver 3.7 (mine is 3.6) allow the .dng files to work with rawshooter? (I do not have photoshop...)
    Will have to try it later. BTW, what's the difference between the"raw converter" and the "dng raw converter"?
    cheers
    u using rawshooter essential or premium?
    regardless of using pef or pentax dng..u still need to convert them into
    adobe dng with Adobe DNG Converter 3.6 to enable rawshooter to work
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Quote Originally Posted by eow View Post
    u using rawshooter essential or premium?
    regardless of using pef or pentax dng..u still need to convert them into
    adobe dng with Adobe DNG Converter 3.6 to enable rawshooter to work
    Hi eow
    I'm using rawshooter essential 2006. I did convert my K100D raw files into dng files using both dng converter 3.6 and 3.7 but the result is when I navigate to the folder where the dng files are, it reported no supported raw files found.
    cheers

I am now experimenting with Photoshop Elements 5.0 after getting it as a present some months back. I used it to process my raw images but strangely, while the processed image looks ok in PSE, when I opened the exported JPG file in Photobase, ACDC or other image software, it appears too dark. Did I miss out something or some setting I need to check?
    Appreciate any help.

Also, is it possible to save a standard set of custom changes and use it everytime for all other images?

Thanks!

Does it turn out dark when opened by Windows Image and Fax Viewer or Preview?
    Birds Of Singapore Android App released!
    the mac 13 on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by the mac 13 View Post
    Does it turn out dark when opened by Windows Image and Fax Viewer or Preview?
    when using acdc 4.0 or photobase 4.5 or Picture Publisher..
    Its not unusable..just darker.