Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: step-up ring..

Default Re: step-up ring..

hey,

thanks bernard and explorer for advice. =)
    ok, so is there like retail/website selling tianya here or only through MO here in CS?

Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ View Post
    well, i do not have a cokin filter to do comparison in size, but i think i heard someone said before the tianya is able to fit in cokin holder, so it should be the roughly same size.

btw tianya ain't made of glass, they are made of plastic =x... i dropped mine twice if it was glass... my heart gonna broke together as each cokin is $100+++ from what i heard
    Yes, the Circular Polarizer is made of glass for the Cokin system. There are other filters that are mnufactured from glass from Cokin as well.

However, MOST of the filters are plastic/gel in nature and thus you can drop them with adequate peace of mind

Bernard

P.S: Where do you find tianya filters?

Quote Originally Posted by bernardy4416 View Post
    Yes, the Circular Polarizer is made of glass for the Cokin system. There are other filters that are mnufactured from glass from Cokin as well.

However, MOST of the filters are plastic/gel in nature and thus you can drop them with adequate peace of mind

Bernard

P.S: Where do you find tianya filters?
    CS MO
    but currently there is no MO going on...
    iirc the last time i bought 52 and 77mm ring adapter + holder + 3 GND(normal/red/blue) and ND4 = $70 A single piece of cokin cost much more than all these =x

CS MO
    iirc the last time i bought 52 and 77mm ring adapter + holder + 3 GND(normal/red/blue) and ND4 = $70 A single piece of cokin cost much more than all these =x
    so i gota wait???

CPL also buy tianya?

Quote Originally Posted by skopio View Post
    so i gota wait???

CPL also buy tianya?
    I think they do have CPL as well... only not sure about its quality.

CS MO
    Wah!! So cheap ah???

Yes you are very correct. ONE piece of Cokin filter already costs more than that

Too late for me. I collected most of the Cokin filters I need in my early 20's.....

Bernard

erm, for cpl, cokin P type got adapter ring also meh?

erm, for cpl, cokin P type got adapter ring also meh?
    Hi skopio,

for the Cokin system, there are 2 sizes. "A" & "P".

First you have to decide which system suits you better. There is a specific sized filter holder for each of the systems. Thereafter, all Cokin filters you purchase will have to be of the same size (ie: either A or P system) in order to fit into the filter holder. This is true also for the Polarizer.

For different lenses that you may possess, just buy additional adapter rings (these connect the filter holder to you lens).

For example, if you have the Cokin "P" system holder with "P" sized filters, and you are using 72mm and 67mm lenses. You have to purchase 2 adapter rings for the "P" system of sizes 72mm and 67mm.

Bernard

Hi skopio,

for the Cokin system, there are 2 sizes. "A" & "P".

First you have to decide which system suits you better. There is a specific sized filter holder for each of the systems. Thereafter, all Cokin filters you purchase will have to be of the same size (ie: either A or P system) in order to fit into the filter holder. This is true also for the Polarizer.

For different lenses that you may possess, just buy additional adapter rings (these connect the filter holder to you lens).

For example, if you have the Cokin "P" system holder with "P" sized filters, and you are using 72mm and 67mm lenses. You have to purchase 2 adapter rings for the "P" system of sizes 72mm and 67mm.

Bernard
    i see. i thought only the grad nd & nd filters were the P size. so the CPL also can adapt to different diameters... thats much more cost effective..

For grad ND for landscapes, do you recommend hard or soft?

Quote Originally Posted by pentaprism View Post
    For grad ND for landscapes, do you recommend hard or soft?
    soft is easier to use imho... but hard comes in handy when the exposure at the horizon is as bright as the top of the frame.

im trying to get my hand on another GND and a new hard GND myself.

i see. i thought only the grad nd & nd filters were the P size. so the CPL also can adapt to different diameters... thats much more cost effective..
    Hi skopio,

yes, ALL filters of the same system (ie: "A" or "P") can be adapted using a adapter ring. The polarizer (circular in shape) fits into the filter holder in the slot closest to the lens. That specific slot allows rotation of the polarizer.

That same slot also takes star filters. This means that you can rotate the filter to control the direction of the "stars" generated by the filter.

Bernard

Hi skopio,

yes, ALL filters of the same system (ie: "A" or "P") can be adapted using a adapter ring. The polarizer (circular in shape) fits into the filter holder in the slot closest to the lens. That specific slot allows rotation of the polarizer.

That same slot also takes star filters. This means that you can rotate the filter to control the direction of the "stars" generated by the filter.

Bernard
    BEST!!! hahaha! now.. does tianya have CPL too?

or does cokin or any other brand CPL fit on the tianya slot?

calling bernard.. tianya MO now on.. grab it while u can.. =)

did anyone used the tianya cpl before ? what are your thoughts about the cpl ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12