Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Rechargeable CR 123A

  1. #1

    Default Rechargeable CR 123A

    Hi,
    anyone know where I can get the rechargeable version of CR123A. Cos I am using on my torchlight for work. Very ex to change it every fortnight.

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tel:67288415
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Rechargeable CR 123A

    Quote Originally Posted by elcap View Post
    Hi,
    anyone know where I can get the rechargeable version of CR123A. Cos I am using on my torchlight for work. Very ex to change it every fortnight.
    Which brand/model are u using?

    Note: Not all torches using CR123A can use conventional RCR123 (or LIR123) (especially incan-bulb torches)
    Li-ION rechargeable-cell full-charged voltage will be about 4.1~4.2V much higher than the CR123A @ 3.2-3.3V...
    Last edited by CatEYE; 2nd January 2007 at 12:29 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Rechargeable CR 123A

    try those shops at Sim Lim Tower L1 / B1. saw a shop selling them recently (weeks ago).

  4. #4

    Default Re: Rechargeable CR 123A

    Quote Originally Posted by CatEYE View Post
    Which brand/model are u using?

    Note: Not all torches using CR123A can use conventional RCR123 (or LIR123) (especially incan-bulb torches)
    Li-ION rechargeable-cell full-charged voltage will be about 4.1~4.2V much higher than the CR123A @ 3.2-3.3V...
    how do I check whether can use rechargeable cos the torch was given to me as a gift with no brand markings on it.
    thanks

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Tel:67288415
    Posts
    32

    Default Re: Rechargeable CR 123A

    Quote Originally Posted by elcap View Post
    how do I check whether can use rechargeable cos the torch was given to me as a gift with no brand markings on it.
    thanks
    no logo type? Hmm... I guesstimate it's a 2x CR123A (6.4~6.6V) LED torch using resistor direct-drive type, 2x rechargeable Li-ION cells (8.2~8.4V) will probably overdrive & "cook" the LED very fast.

    If it's a 2xCR123A torch & comes with some driver circuit with a wider range of voltage input, u can try single-cell 3.7V "17670" Li-ION 1st & see if the brightness still maintain...

    I have both "RCR123" & "17670" Li-ION rechargeable cell, if U got the pic of your torch or u can PM me
    Cheers!
    Last edited by CatEYE; 2nd January 2007 at 05:55 PM.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    202

    Default Re: Rechargeable CR 123A

    Quote Originally Posted by elcap View Post
    Hi,
    anyone know where I can get the rechargeable version of CR123A. Cos I am using on my torchlight for work. Very ex to change it every fortnight.

    There's this place in Sim Lim that sells almost all kinds of batteries. It's on the 2nd Floor. U take the escalator up to the 2nd flr, walk straight, and turn left. It's directly opposite a little canteen. They should have the battery and charger.

    Matthew

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •