Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

  1. #1

    Default Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    hi guys, i am looking for an integrated theatre system to match my hdmi plasma. any good recommendation?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    do u hav a budget? do u mind large speakers or tiny 1s?...

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Siglap
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    I recommend yamaha offerings.

    Their DSP are so far the most realistic as they use their own proprietary DSP chips. Go try them out @ Audio House or Sim Lim Sq Merdeka / Best Denki.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL View Post
    I recommend yamaha offerings.

    Their DSP are so far the most realistic as they use their own proprietary DSP chips. Go try them out @ Audio House or Sim Lim Sq Merdeka / Best Denki.
    My budget is preferably not more than S$1000. Yamaha sounds good but the budget is a little off for me. I am looking more into Panasonic SC-HT995GCSS since i owned a vera.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz View Post
    do u hav a budget? do u mind large speakers or tiny 1s?...

    my floor area is 4.4m x 4.4m. i wonder if tiny speaker will do the job?

  6. #6
    Member Static's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Surfing soft porn in CS
    Posts
    1,079

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    Cannot tiny speakers !

    All Ah bengs must have BIG BIG speakers, whether in cars, scooters or home

    Tiny speakers = say bin (hokkien)
    陳綺貞 2010 [夏季練習曲] 巡迴演唱會 Cheer Concert 13 Nov 2010 MAX Pavilion@Singapore Expo

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by Static View Post
    Cannot tiny speakers !

    All Ah bengs must have BIG BIG speakers, whether in cars, scooters or home

    Tiny speakers = say bin (hokkien)
    rubbish... just another form of saying bin...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    You can try asking at the local HI-FI forum echoloft.com . There's a few good 2nd hand ones in the buy and sell there too.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng View Post
    my floor area is 4.4m x 4.4m. i wonder if tiny speaker will do the job?
    its not tt big a space. try those at Adelphi, go 4 brands like KEF, B&W. go 4 1 tt suits ur musical taste, & b prepared 2 BBB.

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tampines.Sg
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Any integrated theatre system to recommend?

    If you wanna decent sound quality, I doubt can get any for <$1k. Those sub $1k are all the same, get the cheapest.

    Quote Originally Posted by ahbeng View Post
    My budget is preferably not more than S$1000. Yamaha sounds good but the budget is a little off for me. I am looking more into Panasonic SC-HT995GCSS since i owned a vera.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •