Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OP Tech USA straps

Default Re: OP Tech USA straps

Quote Originally Posted by ryuggen View Post
    Yup, the salesman deflate about 50% from the 'sticker price'. Sometimes, i have to ask for e-quote before i dare to venture into CP.
    You know they have been doing that stuff since the day of the dinosaurs heheh... I got both my optech strap from them way back then a decade ago and they were doing the same stuff with that "rack" of bags there.. Almost all of them were going for about 50- 60% over the price you see there. It seem silly but then again they are trying to get the tourist to pay those undiscounted prices I guess all these years. hehe..

So never be too shy to ask when you are there. You might be surprise how much cheaper you can get things theres. WOrst is to not ask and then you bring the item to the cashier and they charge you that price without any further discount!

By the way that picture of the optech strap someone place here..that look so much more refined then the ones I got heheh There is no elastic band sew over the top part of the neoprene.

I bought the strap and use it a lot. It does remove the weight. Another good thing about it is you can remove the main strap after a shoot and just keep the ends on the camera. This way you just keep the small ends in your dry cabi and keep the usually soaked with sweat main strap out of your dry cabi.

The small ends are also useful by itself since you can wrap it around your hand for quick access without the bigger strap. Of course if you use it this way, you do not benefit from the weight reduction feature but you keep your camera handy for quick shots.

optech strap is not bad. but yeah, i like the matin one more. just feels better.
    Black lens, white Lens, can take picture is a Good lens

Eastgear is selling something similar. At something like $10 or so. But, if you're entire set-up cost you like 5k, better get the USA straps. Or, if you're a cheapo like me, Eastgear one will do.

Of course, the USA type looks better, feels better and probably last longer.
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

The matin neck strap is much better than the prostrap, I junked my prostrap in favour of the matin one as well.

I got one for over 2 years, and really, can't do without it...

Learning from this forum, I've got optech strap for my camera last year. It is 50% discount from the price tag.

Regards,
    Arto.

Cathay Photo is so good they give discounts all year round for accessories. Highly recommended to fellow human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Artosoft View Post
    Learning from this forum, I've got optech strap for my camera last year. It is 50% discount from the price tag.

Regards,
    Arto.

optech straps are good but these days I would go for the domke gripper camera strap anytime.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123