Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Giving up Photography completely

Default Re: Giving up Photography completely

Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch View Post
    could it be like me? my wife dont allow me to shoot models anymore since the flaming on the shoot on Motorshow. The CFO controlling you? Relax lah... got a lot of other subject to shoot. Haha. Whatever, just take care hor. Most ppl i know of that give up photography and came back will have their skills improved tremendously. (going to the mountains to meditate maybe)
    now, a bit OT here, that would be depressing, and to think about it, the cuffs and restriction were voluntary .... even more depressing
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Dedicated to JSBN. Dont worry Bro. you wont drown. Just find your way up.

Well... It's part of a photographer life… Many times u just feel like sh!t... and once this sh!t becomes fertilizer, it will becomes valuable & useful somehow or rather. Cheers and all the best.

If you decide to give up Nikonism, make sure you embrace Canonism.

Canonism is the religion that sees you safe passage to visual heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by zhang3feng View Post
    Well... It's part of a photographer life… Many times u just feel like sh!t... and once this sh!t becomes fertilizer, it will becomes valuable & useful somehow or rather. Cheers and all the best.
    wah, so cheem~

yes! nothing is intrinsically good or bad. it's what you make out of the situation that is given to you that matters!

To many photography is an escapism.

Without it you have nowhere to escape from reality.

I sincerely hope you will bounce back soon, both in photography and in your life outside clubsnap. There's a silver lining behind every cloud, the road less travelled may seem daunting but it really is just a passing mirage. Take heart that better days will come, so keep your spirits up and keep walking. You'll never walk alone

I am sorry that your life is in turbulence mode right now. Yeah no matter how fullfilling get images to come out the way you envision them to - it is of little comfort when you talk about it in light of keeping body and soul together, or being hugged and hugging some one - no matter how hot the flame burns for the passion of art it is cold comfort at 2am and your are hurting. It just not possible to cuddle up to a hard disk full of cherrished images or a pile of prints. The art takes and seldom gives back much to the artist.Best you set aside photography for a while, take time to sort out your life, breathe a lot , live a little, love and be loved, bleed a little, cry a little - be human. When you feel it time to return come back. Try not to go to extremes it seldom helps. Selling off the equipment is drastic - only to be done in a drastic situation - anyways you soon find that out of 100 dollars pumped in you be lucky to get back 60. So a cash raiser this is strictly a lose lose situation.

I think of that very often. Wanted to just sell away my camera & lenses.
    I was worried about the financial "burden" that this hobby might bring.
    Most importanly, my skills suxxxxx big time. So really really demoralised.

jsbn: I agree with zaren. Settle the impt issues first. Photography can wait.
    Take care huh boy.. *pat pat*
    :: Capture the moment :: :heart:

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345