Thread: Flash Question: Do i really need the i-TTL or can Auto do the job

Default Flash Question: Do i really need the i-TTL or can Auto do the job

Hi everyone,

I am pondering the above question as I have not had the chance to use an external flash yet and am thinking of trying it out. But i have been informed by many that newbies like me in the end will use the Auto mode most frequently and that TTL is inconsistent? Can someone enlighten me on this topic?

I mainly use the camera for outdoor/nature/landscape/IR shots and the occasional macro record shots using a macro extension tube. Seldom photograph people.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Regards
    Ganges Lim

Default Re: Flash Question: Do i really need the i-TTL or can Auto do the job

Any expert here can help, wish to find out what the diff between auto and i-TTL ?

Thankyou Very much

Default Re: Flash Question: Do i really need the i-TTL or can Auto do the job

Quote Originally Posted by ahlow View Post
    Any expert here can help, wish to find out what the diff between auto and i-TTL ?

Thankyou Very much
    This question has been answered many, many times. Do a search and you will find it quite easily.

Now, back to using Auto or i-TTL. I use both. I, however, find that most of the images I took with Auto came out looking the best and required the least PS work.
    Last edited by photobum; 15th January 2007 at 08:31 AM.