Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: Interior photography

  1. #1

    Default Interior photography

    My friend's saloon looking for a interior photographer to take interior shoot of his new saloon.
    However she is not sure how much budget to set for interior photographer.

    She got prices from a few PG like $45.00 to $50.00 per angle.

    Is this the normal rate ? Or she is getting a very good deal.

    Can anyone advice ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    My friend's saloon looking for a interior photographer to take interior shoot of his new saloon.
    However she is not sure how much budget to set for interior photographer.

    She got prices from a few PG like $45.00 to $50.00 per angle.

    Is this the normal rate ? Or she is getting a very good deal.

    Can anyone advice ?
    if its less than 10 angles, then its a super good deal... and pity the photographer.

    if its more than 10 angles... then its a bargain.

    if its more than 100 angles... pm me...

    overall, if your fren only wan 1 pic, then the guy get paid 45 to come down, take a couple of shot, and get 45. then the guy is more like doing a favour, esp if he need to touch up etc... will meet more than 3 times, initial meeting, shoot, deliver. then each time 1 hour... think of the cost involved.

    do ask your friend to check the terms. MOQ etc...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Interior photography

    low..... mucho low.....

  4. #4

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    if its less than 10 angles, then its a super good deal... and pity the photographer.

    if its more than 10 angles... then its a bargain.

    if its more than 100 angles... pm me...

    overall, if your fren only wan 1 pic, then the guy get paid 45 to come down, take a couple of shot, and get 45. then the guy is more like doing a favour, esp if he need to touch up etc... will meet more than 3 times, initial meeting, shoot, deliver. then each time 1 hour... think of the cost involved.

    do ask your friend to check the terms. MOQ etc...
    Then I guess its a bargain... She wan about 20 angles.... She wan the photographer to meet, discuss and shoot... then meet to select, then deliver..... I guess i must pity the photographer....

    what would be a price for 20 angle if you were to shoot for her ?

  5. #5

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by bowwow View Post
    low..... mucho low.....
    So how mucho is high ???

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: Interior photography

    I used to charge $150 to $250 per angle, on 120 trans, still consider low range
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I used to charge $150 to $250 per angle, on 120 trans, still consider low range
    Wow.... then she really get a deal.......... i guess her is a freelance newbie with a digital SLR.... even I also wan to take.... ha...ha.... then charge $200 per angle ..... but first get a 17mm prime ???

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    Then I guess its a bargain... She wan about 20 angles.... She wan the photographer to meet, discuss and shoot... then meet to select, then deliver..... I guess i must pity the photographer....

    what would be a price for 20 angle if you were to shoot for her ?
    20 x 50 = 1000, more or less.

    so its still ok for a shoot by amateur... minor touch up.

    look at it this way 1000 for about 5 day job. 1 day to meet, 1 day to shoot, 1 day to select, 1 day to touch up, 1 day to deliver.

    if u ask me, i'm not a interior shooter, cos the equipment i have is not for these purpose. can take panoramic, with stitching, etc... will need T/S lens if taking saloon due to mirrors, can PS thou...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    20 x 50 = 1000, more or less.

    so its still ok for a shoot by amateur... minor touch up.

    look at it this way 1000 for about 5 day job. 1 day to meet, 1 day to shoot, 1 day to select, 1 day to touch up, 1 day to deliver.

    if u ask me, i'm not a interior shooter, cos the equipment i have is not for these purpose. can take panoramic, with stitching, etc... will need T/S lens if taking saloon due to mirrors, can PS thou...
    ??? 20 x 50 = $500 ?? I thought 20 x 50 = $1000 ??

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    ??? 20 x 50 = $500 ?? I thought 20 x 50 = $1000 ??
    u quote and u error me?
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt View Post
    u quote and u error me?
    Sorry..... Was I rude ??? Please accept my apology...

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    Sorry..... Was I rude ??? Please accept my apology...
    just joking lah... cos i wrote 500 hehehe... then i saw, eh, sala, so i edit... then u read, and i edit, then u quote the corrected 1...

    anyway, interior shooting, not an easy task, most use super wide angle lens to cover. which looks plain & simple. just like snapshots. if the guy do QTVR style and charge 50 per pic... then really
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Interior photography

    What is QTVR style ???

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    What is QTVR style ???
    QuickTime Virtual Reality... its like those u use PC to view, and u can see 360 degree of the place. need to take multi row panoramic.

    anyway your fren got a good deal... so leave it as it is... remember to read terms and conditions.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Ok Thank... nice talking to you. I will remind her to read the term and condition.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    Ok Thank... nice talking to you. I will remind her to read the term and condition.
    no problem... nice talking to you too.
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  17. #17
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: Interior photography

    ulimate good deal.. keke... result is unknown yet..

  18. #18

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    My friend's saloon looking for a interior photographer to take interior shoot of his new saloon.
    However she is not sure how much budget to set for interior photographer.

    She got prices from a few PG like $45.00 to $50.00 per angle.

    Is this the normal rate ? Or she is getting a very good deal.

    Can anyone advice ?
    Hi,

    A couple of points to note, please ask your friend to view the portfolios of the photographers, that is *extremely* important to avoid miscommunication, the No.1 issue for shoots that go wrong. He must be happy with the style of the images. It's not about the pricing, it's always about meeting the expectations between the client and photographer. If the expectations are managed properly, meaning that every doubt is covered, and no one is assuming anything, it usually works out for the best for both parties.

    FYI, there's a photographer by the name of Peter Mealin, he is possibly the best interior photographer in Asia and he is based in Singapore. All the major hotels in Singapore (eg. Marriott, Ritz, etc) have had their interior shots done by him. He currently commands the highest rate at more than $1000/shot (I am sorry, I can't reveal the exact figure). And he does about 2 shots per day, with more than 10 to 15 lights per shot. If you are curious about the style that he uses, just check out the shots from the hotels' website. He's got a website, just google and you'll find it. Just take the photos as a gauge and work from there if you are interested to know what the standards are.

    Best
    Wesley
    Last edited by wesley; 30th December 2006 at 01:47 AM.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by WKK View Post
    My friend's saloon looking for a interior photographer to take interior shoot of his new saloon.
    However she is not sure how much budget to set for interior photographer.

    She got prices from a few PG like $45.00 to $50.00 per angle.

    Is this the normal rate ? Or she is getting a very good deal.

    Can anyone advice ?
    the more shots the photographer tries to squeeze into the scheduled shooting time to make worth his while, the less time he has to spend on each shot!

    more often than not, the photographer will take multiple angles more or less of the same thing. only 1 or 2 will be selected ultimately. the rest? paid for but unusable.

    it's better for your friend to set a higher budget for each shot. let the photographer take his time to set the best angle (and lighting), make sure the styling is right for each shot etc.

    unless your friend just wants a 'record' shot of her saloon. in this case, might as well save the money and get a friend to do it.

    in the end, if your friend is satisfied with the photographer's portfolio and decide to engage him, then that's fine, too.

  20. #20
    Member bowwow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    In my own private Idaho.
    Posts
    514

    Default Re: Interior photography

    Quote Originally Posted by wesley View Post
    FYI, there's a photographer by the name of Peter Mealin, he is possibly the best interior photographer in Asia and he is based in Singapore.
    hee..hee.... Peter Mealin... before he was a photographer he was a teacher and i was one of his students..

    yeah, the guy is damn good. bumped into him when he was shooting for Raffles Hotel one time.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •